Monday, May 23, 2016

Session XXIV: 50816 – 52116

Whatcha gonna do... When they come for you???




Survival Protocol 


 Chapter IV: Spring 32716 – 61815


 Session XXIV: 50816 – 52116

Looking at this week’s chart brings a lot of questions to mind; but first – This was a “sick” week… well not the whole week, however the ‘possible’ food poisoning I suffered did reset my system. Which makes me wonder if the red zone was actually a warning of some impending issue. Could weight gain, particularly fat-weight gain and a steady lowering of the muscle:fat ratio signal that my immune system could be under stress? This is why I keep notes. Anyway, this episode has made me more aware. Afterwards I decided to eat less often at the lunch spot; also my taste for tea waned and I couldn’t taste the sugar – also I backed off on the supplements for a few days. The exercise energy came back on the first healthy day and I only missed one day from the gig. It could’ve been a bug, but the bottom line was that the immune system was weakened enough to allow an invader to attack – I cannot allow that. Last time this happened was 2008. So far Chapter IV isn’t turning out as expected but then again, neither is the “Spring.”


Day
Sunday
5-8
Monday
 5-9
Tuesday
5-10
Wednesday
5-11
Thursday
5-12+
Friday
5-13
Saturday
5-14
Ave.
Weight
182.4
182.4
181.4
181.4
177.6
178.2
179.2
180.3
Body Fat %
16.5
16.2
15.9
15.9
15.4
15
15.4
15.7
BF wt.
30.1
29.55
28.84
28.84
27.35
26.73
27.6
28.3
H2O %
61.1
61.3
61.5
61.5
61.9
62
61.9
61.6
H2O wt
111.44
111.81
111.56
111.56
109.9
110.48
110.92
111.24
Muscle mass %
43.4
43.5
43.7
43.7
43.9
44
43.9
43.7
Muscle wt.
79.16
79.34
79.27
79.27
77.97
78.41
78.76
78.8
MM:BF
ratio
2.63
2.69
2.75
2.75
2.85
2.93
2.85
2.78
+ Sick day. Yes, sick got me today. Maybe I needed a reset.

50816 [Sunday #325] –  Wake 0743 –
Round I: [N] –

Another cloudy day, wet out but not raining now. New session 24 today. For most of yesterday I had a low grade headache… not enough to keep me down – but I was wondering what the cause might be.

Got all my supps and herbs in, well except for the post PM exercise stuff, b/c no PM workout. I extended the fast yesterday as well, which is the primary suspect. Last meal yesterday was around 2000… so this will be another 12 hour fast. I may be forgetting the “intermittent” part – but last meal at 2000 & first meal @ 0800+ the next day seems sustainable. Live 12 – fuel and work, rest 12 let the body recover… But we shall see on the road we don’t eat or work the same. Today will be different.

AMX – slight.
Weigh in 182.4 – 16.5 – 61.1 – 43.4 – could this be dehydration? This is a shocker – but it’s on record!1 Boo! Despite long fast. Good data though. Forgot the ACV this morning. Puh!

Bkft – guac, cabbage, scallions, cheese, olive oil. Workout supps. Then J & IGF-1 need to tidy up the ‘kitch’ a bit.

Meal – lentils.
Walk to Mom’s 45 mins.
Trail walk – 2 miles.
Dinner at Mom’s chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans.
Home C&C and ACV before bed. 2200 G’night.

50916 [Monday #326] –  * correct day: Got to bed last night around 2200 but wasn’t sleepy. Did some deep breathing exercises and meditation. Eyes opened early b/w 0300 & 0330 (left calf tight) and energetic.

AMX – movement, twists, rotations, bends.
Weigh in – Better, weight steady.
Have to spread out the IF. Looks like two days straight is beneficial, on the third day fat weight shot up, although I’m not sure if it was the body reacting to the IF or something else. Maybe I’ll try and recreate that at another time. Mon & Tues – normal fast, due to GX sessions (8 hours sleep-fast). Weds & Thurs push to 13 – 13 hrs. Friday 8, then the weekend (or off days when I can sleep longer.)

Tea –
Bkft – lentils, egg, cheese and hots. Vitamins
Today feels much better – SUN!
Gig – apple after 0800, then T-mix.
Round I: [N-T] –
Round II: [N] –
Lunch 91% Turkey, toms, avos, cabbage.
Round III: [X-?] – Follows a pattern.

YMCA – Hard BWT work, pulls, jump squats 40 lbs, 4 rounds and hammie dips – haven’t gotten to 10 yet, and just now getting the set up right. Wipers, wide pull-ups, dips, work with smith bar, strong pulls.. working with Dan at the end.  BCAA’s after.. Then Class.

YGX – Just under medium in the first half of the class – a bit exhausted from BTW… Decent performance though. Maca and glutamine after class & seaweed and two cheese sticks. I think the metabolism needs something after Body weight Training. That shish is tough.
Ride to 69 – get Body weight straps suspension trainer (a la TRX) from Model’s. walk home from 69.
Home – protein shake, 2x aminos and BY (4). Cup of tea.
Feel worn – this will probably be dinner (last meal) Nod early.


51016 [Tuesday #327] –  wake up some time before the alarm, but got right back to sleep. Good nod. I packed it in just after 2000… I was worn out and couldn’t think of a reason to stay up. Out of bed at 0400 – AMX is twisting and stretching out yesterday’s training. Dan had me doing stuff I didn’t think I could do. Good push.

Round I: [BFT] – first thing. ACV

Weigh in: Feel like I’ve started all over. That 16.5% BF peak was a WTF moment.
Bkft: Tuna, spinach, peanuts, scallions, spices and cheese and olive oil. Good. Different. This could have been a fast day.. but for TUGX.

Gig:
Round II: [BFF] – apple, trail mix before lunch.
Lunch 98% Turkey, avos, toms, cabbage.. cutting down the variety for worthwhile stuff. Blue cheese dressing with tobacco sauce.  Yogurt after lunch.

Round III: [N] – Temple next.. psyched!! Walk or ride is the question. Maybe walk part way. I’ll be fine. The gig brings me down, but once I’m out, I’m strong.

Back to TU. Walk from gig to broad and race, 15 mins maybe.
Average energy for class today. Just five people.
Aqua Box – 2 peeps. Life guard seemed bored.
I may be getting bored with GX or maybe it’s Temple. People don’t seem as friendly; or is it society in general? Or is it the leadership there??

Home, 2x tea. C&C. Pretty good energy for after TU, which suggests I didn’t wear myself out… which is a good thing I guess.

51116 [Wednesday #328] –  Wake 0400 slow – good sleep – deep and dreams.

AMX run 500 10s and ank wts. Leg raises, bends shadow box w/ 3s, pushups, crunches, band work, pull shrugs.

Tea –
Today is IF day – Master cleanse, coconut H2O, ACV… so liquid only.
Bkft Banana – 12 hr fast and supps. Pre-bkft 2 pts Master cleanse.

Round I: [N] – Yogurt –
Round II: [XC] –
Lunch Park’s 108% record. Chicken and salmon, (No greens).
Round III: [L] –ish
Finished the whole lunch. Long fast but ate more food. Maybe get some walking in.
Long walk. Pick up t-mix goodies. 30-40 minutes. Had an hour to kill.
Round IV: [N] –ish

Meet up with Angel, more walking. Good people watching. 2x tea… (1 bag).

Contemplated backing off on the vitamins today. Bellyache and occasional headaches a new development taking J & Deer antler (but never had this before with the antler). But I think I’m taking too much per day.. so back off – half the maca/glutamine and the herbs. Almost time to refill the dailies and decide what the next batch from PP will be.

Seaweed, C&C before bed.
2145-ish I guess.

I need to break this 180/15% thing. I like the way the Bod looks, but feels sluggish. I think I should return to the shred in the morning. Maybe rotate shred, upper body, yoga-shred… and do more on days off. More walks also. Felt weak walking today. Still looking at the weather – but vits could be affecting also.

G’nite.

51216 [Thursday #329] –  SICK DAY!!
Time, unknown (guess 0200-0300?.) Wake up.
Round I: [L] – But something’s not right. Sip water, and small sip and I start shivering. Go back to the weird sleep. Another sip of H2O and all hell breaks loose. Back for Round II: [DQ-P]. the gut has been invaded and compromised. Bod is getting everything out. Gathering all resources to battle the invader, which means I have only enough energy to lie on the bathroom floor, wait and be prepared.

Two thoughts dominate – how did this happen? Food poisoning or supplement overdoes. I can’t really say. Perhaps the answer will come or it will remain a mystery.

I’m shivering and that means fever and fever means virus. I know what to do. Wrap up… sweats, covers, drink nothing, eat nothing. Let the Body work.

I don’t get sick, but sick sure as hell got me. I’m an over rated MMA fighter, 30 and 0.. stepping into the ring and getting my ass destroyed. I am humbled. I will survive. I will come back.. and I’ll be more careful. (But how?)

0520 – Realize I won’t make it to the gig and call out. Last thing I wanted to do. And go back to bed. After a few false starts, the coast is clear @ 1235… get up get some coconut water, hop in the shower… weigh in…
177.6 - 15.4 -  61.9 – 43.9  The pattern’s off, but I’m also dehydrated. This is sick weight and I expect to come back tomorrow. Today ws supposed to be an I-F day, 2/2. So far it’s been 17 hrs fasting. I’ve got MC in the fridge. Maybe I can extend this to 24 hours if necessary.

Other symptoms.. calves on the verge of cramping. Very interesting event, similar to 2008. Going to stick with food poisoning as a diagnosis and take precautions either way. I’ve bee taking supps for weeks and nothing like this – however I could be an accumulative effect.

1313 – sip some MC, coco H2) and tea. Chill and recover. Thank you Bod. We make a great team.

1538 – more sleep, another sip of coco H2O, very weak to get out of bed.

Regaining strength 2x tea, banana, almonds & cashews. Bod is sore, but it’s a combo of work and the battle.

*Note – during the evacuation, the left nostril was the main exit route. Don’t know if this is significant.

Finally nodded around the usual time… 2145-ish!

51316 [Friday #330] –  Wake 0400 – sluggish, sore – attempt AMX… some stretch, twist, jumping.
2 Rounds [DQ] – recovery. No appetite.
H2O, coconut H2O, just sips. Some almonds.
Not 100% but good enough. Can’t imagine eating today. Well this AM at least. No supps. Just let the Bod repair itself and stay out of the way.

Looks like the Body ate up some fat over night. Weight is up, fat is down. Better hydration is the most likely reason. I’ll be okay as long as I get to the gig.

Made it to the gig.
Banana nibbles, mostly and some sips of H2O, systems seem to be normalizing. Stomach hurts.

Yesterday’s attack might – or should change some things… strategies, behaviours – back to shred. Eat my own food for lunch…mostly and I-fast.

Round III: [L-N] – coming back. no lunch, just nibbling all day. This should be my new strategy. Buy more veggies, etc.

Home – shred & Legs, squats, good work.. about an hour.
Eat – fermented spinach and cheese, very good.. energizing!!
Protein mix after the work.
1x tea.. but didn’t really “feel” it. Maybe I am mindfully backing off?
Read and early to nod.
No C&C.. still allowing the GI to recover.

51416 [Saturday #331] –  Alarm sounds at 0400 – I am awake enough to get up… but the day is too long when I get up that early. Stomach aches, tight muscles or hungry? Get up at 0700-ish. H2O, ACV – AMX day #2… had to reset.

Run 500 ankle wts + 10s.. warm up; legs, raises, curls, twists, then upper body, pulls shrugs, bizarre pushups – I notice the strength – either I’m doing the pushups wrong or I got stronger. I’ll take the latter. Got about an hour, finish with crunches and reverse crunches.

Post BCAA’s – Aminos – cashews.
Shower, weigh in then breakfast. (Crazy wrong numbers on the scale!)

First proper meal – lentils, egg, cheese, cabbage, ferm spinach, tea.
Some vits and herbs, space them out. Feeling good. Road trip maybe?

Round I: [BFT-M] – avoided a tea urge. Maybe a Round II? Pbutter honey and cinnamon 1 M-cleanse and vits… slowly.

Meal – salmon salad White Dog.. filling, iced tea.
Round III: [L] – Mall Del.
Decent eating day, Tea before bed.

Wasn’t sleepy so I stayed awake and breather’cizes… had a little bad belly and got worried. HR was 82 BPM.. no wonder.. I think no more tea before bed.

End of Part I. 



Celebrate!! First full week of staying below 180 lbs. since I got back to Philly at the end of March. Of course those 180+ days could be that the scale is jacked and needed to be calibrated – but, oh well. I keep trying to separate my idea of success from the numbers on the scale – but I’m such a data hound. Besides I think I’m conditioned to weigh in daily. So let’s imagine the scale wasn’t off and this week is a genuine improvement from previous weeks… what was different? Well, an intentional effort to extend that fast by 2-3 hours, two days this week back to back, (last day on and first day off. It was a 4 day week so that helped. Perhaps on 5 day weeks I’ll intermittent fast my last two days, first day off will be optional.) I also did a heavy lifting legs day on Friday, which may or may not have had a measurable effect. Muscle weight did increase slightly from Friday to Saturday. I didn’t do a lot of protein shakes this week either. Usually, just on group exercise days. I didn’t really feel the need for it. Not much meat this week at home. I had a burger (no bun) in a bar on a non-workout day and sausages at a diner after the heavy work Friday morning… but who really knows? The balance of fuel in and energy expended determines fat burn and muscle gain. Overall, I’ve been happy with the results most of this year. Two more sessions of Bajai Bootcamp 5, then on to 6 I suppose. Things will be different after December.

Day
Sunday
5-15
Monday
 5-16
Tuesday
5-17
Wednesday
5-18
Thursday
5-19
Friday
5-20
Saturday
5-21
Ave.
Weight
178.6
179
179.4
178.8
179.2
177.4
179.2
178.8
Body Fat %
14.9
15.3
15.8
15.2
15.5
14.9
15.1
15.2
BF wt.
26.61
27.39
28.35
27.18
27.78
26.43
27.06
27.26
H2O %
62.2
62
61.6
62
61.8
62.2
62.1
62
H2O wt
111.09
111
111.04
110.8
110.74
110.34
111.28
110.85
Muscle mass %
44.2
44
43.7
44
43.9
44.2
44.1
44
Muscle wt.
78.94
78.76
78.4
78.67
78.67
78.41
79.03
78.7
MM:BF
ratio
2.97
2.88
2.77
2.89
2.83
2.97
2.92
2.88




51516 [Sunday #332] –  Wake 0630 and dress to run… uniform of the day. Cammie & cargoes and hoodie and boots. ½ mile to playground then workout… jump rope and step ups 3 rounds.



Leg work w/ suspension straps, 45 degree squat-push and deep supported squat – 3 rounds.
Bar power pulls  (3-4 reps) and suspension pushups 3 rounds. (pull ups.. better reps.)

Front dips (over the bar) and flip… (no resistance. Threw off my equilibrium and I got dizzy) did it again… (Thinking of Xave and never quitting) slower and stronger. I’ve got No Negative strength lowering or flipping… so more of that.

Jog back ½ mile  (maybe ¼ mile). BCAA’s & weigh in:
I’ve got to re-weigh daily.. kind of pre-set the scale. The scale is wrong, because it can’t be correct when it gives me two different values 4 lbs apart and be correct both times… I like the data tho.

Tea and reading. Got to refill vitamins, restrategize exercise and may devote a day to lifting, deadlifts especially.. and squats… if anything. It will have to be full body bennies… oh and leg press.

Continuing the fast a bit longer; already 12+ hours.

Bkft – bean soup.
Round I: [N] – Create NoxZine
PButter and yogurt.
Upper trapz sore!
Should go for food, but feeling lazy.

Walk 69 for groceries and back. Good energy boost. Much tea today.
Good reads – Flower of Life.
Forgot my C&C before bed.. guess I don’t need it.
G’night.


51616 [Monday #333] –   Wake AMX – work the steps, abs, etc. Good stuff.
Tea
Round I: [T-M] – weigh in
Bkft – lentils, goat soup and egg. Spicy!
Good run up the El steps.. more steps drills @ AMX.

Lunch – Kale chicken, feta 49% Tootsie’s – Maybe I don’t need that big of a lunch. (because I’m “snacking” all morning… so lunch should be slightly larger, better food.

Round II: [XN] – sore throat, center of neck – I think it’s more of a swallowing injury, took 4 Vit C anyway.
Jupiter. Why? (strawberries and blueberries today).

YMCA – pre work
BWT Mostly…
Jump squats – getting up 3 sets of 10 w/ 40s, and thigh dips, various pulls and pushes – didn’t go hard – got some inverted pulls and 2 sets with straight legs above. Started with handstand pushups and a hold set, 30 seconds came quick, so head for the 1 minute mark. Then alternate between pushups and holds, etc… Until I can go without the wall.

FF- strong participation, full round I and it’s a killer and The Monster and beach. Walk home… Protein shake (fruit).

Early to bed before 2030. I was beat!


51716 [Tuesday #334] –   Wake 0400 after a long decent sleep and nice dreams – but better off forgotten.

AMX stretch and movement. I underestimate these elements of exercise moves I tend to consider ‘easy’. Usually turns out they are stressful to the point of bringing on the sweat. So, do more, more often.

Weigh in – still under 180, but fat % seems disproportionately high today. A 5 basis point rise after all the exercise and walk home and sleep… doesn’t seem accurate. Here I am complaining about the scale… again!

Tea after AMX and dishes… more activity.
Bkft – goat soup with mushrooms and turnips and spicy!

To the gig – strong walk, ginger water, shrooms, cheese, scallions.
Lunch –Pagano’s 37% spinach and chicken.
Round II: [N] –

TU – pre-set – jump rope, 3 good sets, wall pushups (decline) 1 set. 1 set dips.
Strong class – basic. Banana and BCAAs after.
Aqua – strong, good energy. I must remember to drink water during sessions, I have re-started doing this in the land classes with good results.
T-mix & Maca and glutamine after Aqua
Home I-fast tomorrow.
C&C before bed. Nod before 2130. I think I can handle this most of the week.


51816 [Wednesday #335] –   wake 0400.
AMX steps and slowly here, step ups w/ ank wts and 10s.. walked it. Run in place no weight. General stuff. Upper shrugs/pulls.

Left shoulder area sore or ache? Ok for pulling but not bearing weight. Not the standard rotator cuff ache, more towards the back and lower, near teres major/rhombus area.

Tea.

Postponing I-F until tomorrow because I prepped breakfast and forgot about it. Still got a good 10 hr fast.
Weigh in.. okay. Better than most times.

Bkft – lentil, egg, cheese, shrooms, scallions, less lentils. Wow. Filling.
AMX post vits. (These have become the morning vitamins.)

Tomorrow would be a better I-F day because I’m off Friday, so I can get two days with one of them being a day off; sleep longer then hit the gym in the afternoon. I’m going to lift Friday!!

Get into the gig and the computer is not working. Sip ginger water, not hungry… probably due to the activity of trying to see to repairs of the comp.

Banana.
Round I: [N] – spectrum is clean.

Lunch – home salad no dressing.
Round II: [N] –
Round III: [X] – weird one.
Round IV: [L-X] – Jupiter.
Home 2x tea while organizing my computer files.
Meal – goat soup & turnip salad w/ tomatoes, cheese, really good!!.

PMX tonight? Maybe left shoulder/back should be rested – maybe legs and balance.
Opted out of exercise tonight.
 
 



51916 [Thursday #336] –    wake 0400… but earlier really. Chilled and dreamt for a while. There were strong obnoxious babies in the dream that became so after realizing their strength, Millennials maybe? Or the generation behind? I was mad at first until I understood. I decided I would tickle them instead.

AMX warm up, run 500 w/ anks and 10s. step ups on steps, calves, straight deadlifts w/ 20s, wrist wall pushes, back steps, deep squat laterals with band support. Shoulder is less sore today.

Tea –
I-F day, extending the fast. Stomach is growling, expecting food. Eat the fat buddy. I may have to go til 0900, But MC is in the mix and ginger H2O at the gig.

Weigh in – Fat up, possibly dehydrated, could cause the rise. Not bad since no exercise before bed.
No breakfast.
Round I: [T-N] –
Pushed the fast til 0900-ish (Yogurt).
Round II [N-C] –

Lunch – home salad w/ turnips, spinach, toms, cheese, shrooms – good and spicy.
Round II: [X-P] – ish
Tea 2 Joe, Rittenhouse Square
Round IV: [N] – Chill in the park and wait for meet up at Cavanaugh’s.
Dark beer, burger, no bun, salad and pasta. 2x H2O on each side of the beer – done at 1900. Last meal of the day and gently buzzed. Easy date.. ha ha.

Beer & beef Jupiter – certainly more C&C tonight. Mix some MC, maybe… see what happens. Walk to 30th st.

Home and C&C and bed at the usual time. No reason to stay up.


52016 [Friday #337] –   Bypassed two alarms, yet energized to get up. I opted to lie around for 3 extra hours. Easier not to eat. I-f is easy today.

Get up, weigh in 177.4 14.9 622 44.2 – back to or close to 3:1 – but I’m wondering if all my days in the red weren’t just because I didn’t ‘calibrate’ (by pre-weighing) the scale. Oh well, the average always settles the chaos.

Round I: [N]
Tea – and prepare MC for tomorrow, maybe.

Today, first training will be at the Y… lifting as heavy as possible. Deadlift priority. Let’s see if BWT changed/improved/strengthened some elements of the Bod that assist in the DL. Want some leg press also and maybe lunges. BWT if energy holds. That’s the plan. I’m an hour away but anything can happen.

YMCA – as planned, strong legs. Deadlifts – not super strength but got to 315 w/o wraps and 1 set 1 rep of 335 and 355 with the wraps.

Leg press up to 500 and back down to 50… pyramids (all 45 lbs plates above the 50 lbs).
45 sec handstand and a set of pushups.
Straight leg wipers
Smith bar inverted pulls
Reverse crunches.. sweat came early during the DL. BCAAs after. Good work.

Trolley ride to Aquarius diner for “breakfast” (after 2x post workout cheese sticks 14 protein 12 fat.. paleo.
The usual at AQ 2x sausage 7 eggs, and tomatoes and tea. Filled up, left some toms… but I’d call this an improvement.

Walk back to, do chores.
Lots of tea, work n NoxZine.

Deep pistol squats w/ band support. Lots of H2O today, infused C&C nod 2130 ish.
Feel like I should go out, but then again, why? It moves me away from my goals. I sould do a show on my top 12 things to accomplish.


52116 [Saturday #338]  - Good morning Gemini – or is it still Taurus? Anyway – up just before 0700 and get to the AMX… run in place 500 weightless, some jacks, much stretch, band work, shrugs, pulls, rows, headstand abs work. This is the highlight because I envisioned doing this for stronger core. Advanced in three sets.. pushups, standard and extended. Still on my knees, but got 3 sets of 8. Crow… stretch and weigh in.

First full week under 180 in some time. I must store the scale differently. Got to get the BF under 15%.. More slow cardio. More walking. Surprised at the rise though after an IF day and heavy lift. Oh well. Keep it moving. Infused H2O most of yesterday.

Let’s have some tea and finish up chores.

Bkft – coconut yogurt, strawbs and blobs. 2x tea so far.
Round I: [N] -  C&C
Last week below 180 was late March, just after returning from vacation… so it might have been momentum. Today we have an opportunity to see if we can drop during normal circumstances. I may spend a lot of time in today – rain scheduled – or I could hit the road. Cloudy now. Rain may come later.

Round II: [TL] –
Meal – omelet, toms and peppers, shrooms, cheese, scallions.

Round III: [X - ] very odd.
Meal – lentils, egg, cheese, etc.
Round IV: [X-D] –

Odd eating day today, vegetarian MC and infused H2O, 3x tea so far. We shall see. Last day of season 24. The end is near. Next session ends June 4th and the last day is June 18th. Then what? Start again or… ?

Round V: [QD-P] – what I thought results tomorrow. New session. 


End of session 24

No comments:

Post a Comment