Monday, May 9, 2016

Session XXIII: 42416 – 50716

Those things that go bump in the night... are coming for you!!




Survival Protocol

Chapter IV: Spring 32716 – 61815


 Session XXIII:  42416 – 50716



Looking at this week’s chart I want to be alarmed, but let’s keep it in perspective. Except for Friday, these numbers are pretty good. This week the weather changed dramatically from hot and sunny to cold… or at least chilly, rainy and depressing. I drank more beer than usual this week, didn’t walk as much and didn’t get any outdoor workouts. However, I did train a lot at home and made it to the Y for class, but didn’t have the Temple session… on break. So, all things considered. No bad – but not good enough to start slacking. 

Day
Sunday
4-24
Monday
 4-25
Tuesday
4-26
Wednesday
4-27
Thursday
4-28
Friday
4-29
Saturday
4-30
Ave.
Weight
180.2
178
179.2
180.8
180.4
181.8
180.8
180.1
Body Fat %
15.2
15
15.2
15.6
15.3
15.6
15.5
15.3
BF wt.
27.4
26.7
27.24
28.2
27.6
28.33
28.02
27.55
H2O %
62
62.2
62
61.7
62
61.7
61.8
61.9
H2O wt
111.72
110.71
111.1
111.55
111.84
112.17
111.73
111.48
Muscle mass %
44
44.2
44
43.8
44
43.8
43.9
43.9
Muscle wt.
79.3
78.68
78.85
79.2
79.38
79.54
79.37
79.06
MM:BF
ratio
2.89
2.95
2.89
2.81
2.88
2.81
2.83
2.87



42416 [Sunday #311] –  wake 0730-ish slightly stuffed rt. Nostril.. details eh. 1 can of coconut H2O to ward off any dehydration. Not hungry – delayed the tea 2.5 hours and extending fast. Clean home-gym, okay day off.. I might add.

Round I: [??] – realizing I haven’t had a apple in a few days. Maybe breakfast? Get to the BWT soon.. Leg focus. Starting a new session today. This is Session #23 maybe? Haven’t been keeping up like at the beginning. Oh yeah… Work done w/ ankle wts.. too.

BWT – Leg centric, abs, shrugs – no pushups… maybe later. Maybe get outside if I’m not social.

Lots of calf raises.. over 300. Used to hurt at 100…
600 run w/ 10s and ankle weights. This took an hour or more so lots of lots. Lower abs and crunches w/ wts.

Weigh in 180.2, etc… Better for fat, but not for muscle. But.. scale – don’t try to beat the scale, just maintain.

Apple and supps.
Clean up today – too much dust!
Goat, cabbage, shrooms, cheese –

Round II: [DP] –

Pbutter-honey-cinnamon – did I just get a headache from this? Or paint smell.

Night work – lats and extreme pushups, kbell row and band row. Handstand 23 seconds – felt in the core even upside down.

Ordered more Vits & herbs – test…

Chlorella and charcoal before bed. Didn’t get out today – but got such stuff accomplished and training. Can’t be mad.

42516 [Monday #312] –  wake 0700 – went straight to the scale 178 – 15 – 62.2 – 44.2.. so not bad after being in the house all day and 4 cups of tea. Maybe it’s true what they say about house work. It’s still work.. plus two trainings… but I’m sure it still comes down to food in vs. energy expended.

Bkft – cabbage, hummus, shrooms, scallions – Vits & coconut H2O.
Round I: [N] –

Market walk/hike.. felt light and strong on the way up – heavy and weak on the way back. Had to slow down and drink coconut H2O and eat cashews. Probably not enough fuel from bkft… still recovering.

After – AAAI renewed!! City seems to have dropped the ball on retirement seminar. I won’t know if it’s a big deal or not.

*Note – slight headache, runny nose but not cold symptoms (and I don’t have allegies). Vit C.. DUH!!

Protein shake and supps after the walk.

Round II: [N] –
Yogurt & tea.
Round III: [N] – energy has slowly returned, just in time for FF @ the Y.. But transpass first and maybe pre-work if there’s time.

Walk to 6-9, transpass done.
Pre-work @ Y including two-point faux plange, jump rope, pull-ups, band work.
Functional fitness went well – more energy today, pre-aminos and post supps. Nice walk home. Getting easier and used to it. Work tomorrow – maybe some kind of snack this eve.

42616 [Tuesday #313] –  wake 0400 – straight to BWT-AM # whatever.. feltnormal. Start w/ floor abs, ank wts. On proper. Obliques work – run 300 w/ 10s, side bend w/ kbells – calf raises w/ 1o… about 40 minutes. Slow steady high reps, crunches and revs. ACV + H2O first thing.

Weigh in… under 180 [see chart] – walk and activity my theory is breaking down.. or the scale is – second time I had to re-weigh.. 3 lbs difference.

Bkft – lentils, egg, cheese –
Home Round I: [T]
Park’s – 100% add asparagus, broc and cauli. Ate half.. not very hungry.
Round II: [N-1F] – finish lunch before I head out. Might get a walk today… or just ride it out.
Round III: [L] – short walk downtown, p/u trail mix.  Ride home.
Round IV: [X-P] – feels like… Did I mention ACV this morning? First thing. Good for meat eaters. 2x tea and Youtube University and feeling sluggish.

Forced the home workout after a quasi-nap.
BLAM!! Good stuff done. From pushups to band work shrugs, suspension stuff. Jax with 5s, calf raises, plange practice. Good sweat.  Protein and supps after late 2000-2100. Gonna shower, take the C&C and relax into a nod. No rush, energized now.

42716 [Wednesday #314] –  Up at 0400, straight to the scale for some ugly reads. Not hydrated enough I guess. Kind of lax BWT – nothing extraordinary – ACV first thing and some H2O.

Tea.

I should wean myself off the scale because I can’t take it with me. And budget some future gym dues/fees.

Round I: [N] –

Watch the mirror and keep the BWT going and progressing. More pulling up! Outside!! Keep the core training and odd ball pushups. Change goals to performance over the scale digits.

Weather’s got me down today. Not vey active at the gig. T-Mix and seaweed before lunch.

Round II: [N] – Body getting used to the new C&C/ACV protocol – should step up the activity after lunch… may not get a proper workout tonight.

Park’s 70% chicken salad and hot sauce.

Round III: [X] –
Hang with Yaya.. much walking and beer, Guinness, eggs and sausage, potatoes.
Round IV: [N] – Voodoo cowbell… dark beer. Home and sleep. I think I did the regular pre-bed stuff.

42816 [Thursday #315] –  The scale keeps giving error messages and boosting my weight by 3 lbs!!!

Ok.. dentist day. BWT, legs done. Long fast. Shake to break fast after noon.

From E:
Well, as I try to put my thoughts together about you moving away, I can be comforted in being able to say I was fortunate enough to have spent time with you, got to know you, laughed with you, cried happy and sad tears around you, learned so much about myself because of you and I can only hope that you won’t forget about me. You are part of my life. You are an inspiration and you have one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know. I feel very blessed to know someone who is so hard for me to say goodbye.
I want to remember this. Here seems like a good place….
Or the Goodbye Philly blog.

Chillin’ and dreaming all day. Dental appt later. Not too worried about eats or anything else. Rainy cold day. Walk to 69 and back. Good dental appointment.

Some kind of workout in the evening then to the nod.

42916 [Friday #316] –  Wake 0730 2/3 sick days – BWT w/ some weights – upper body, crazy pushups, etc. tea, soup and vits.

House work all day.

Weigh in after 1400 [see chart] not very concerned, need to get out and pull – maybe tomorrow a next round of training today.

Oh.. snacks  - cashews, almonds 3x tea, master cleanse, AVC shot first thing – bowl of soup, mostly, liquids, first part of the day. More training. Room done, Luandry done!

Second round of training, upper body.

Body Rock – salad and dark beer.
Goodnight 0100 - ish

43016 [Saturday #317] –  Wake 0800: Measuring day.

Top
Middle
Bottom
Under
96 cm
89 cm
92 cm
94 cm

Middle and bottom part of the torso has remained steady and very slight improvements up top and underneath the belly, which adds to the “V” physique. Happy about keeping the “abs” part in the 80s.. I don’t think I have much more to shred, but this was at 88 before, so I can at least get there if not 85 cm. I’d like to get the lower two digits into the 80s as well… but I have to be realistic… to a point. Overall… improvement is good.

After a day of lounging and training I weigh in late and the digits are slightly better, but still over 180 [see chart]. Cold day and staying inside. Much tea and soup. About to break out for a walk, maybe candles. Last sick day off.

Walk to 69 for candles and sneaks and back. more workouts…
Two rounds, probably – lots of soup and liquids. Salad in the eve. C&C before bed and lots of tea.

End of Part I… Session 23. 




WTF happened this week? Well, let’s start with the weather – it rained every day so there was no walking and no sunshine, which it seems makes a BIG difference. I don’t think I’ve had such an experience in the history of Bajai Bootcamps. Also, there was no group exercise at Temple this week, so the 40 minute walk up there didn’t happen, nor did the two sessions I teach; this could account for the fat-weight gain as well. It should be noted **that I started intermittent fasting this week which in part was inspired by the horrendous 16% body fat!! My nose was running most of the week too… it was COLD as well as wet, so that could be another reason. Not that I’m making excuses, I’m listing possible causes. My diet didn’t change much – Oh, I think I was out drinking one afternoon and ate at a diner, so this might have also had an affect… (Of course that might have been last week.) In any event, I’ve gained 129.8 lbs to this point and lost 123.5. (At this point last year the numbers are almost reversed; I’d gained 123.9 and lost 128.8) I started this year below 180 lbs. (179.6) so I knew from the start it might be hard to beat. But the year isn’t over yet… and I’m getting a new strategy together. 

Day
Sunday
5-1
Monday
 5-2
Tuesday
5-3
Wednesday
5-4
Thursday
5-5
Friday
5-6
Saturday
5-7
Ave.
Weight
179.8
180.2
181.4
181.6
182.4
182.4
182.4
181.4
Body Fat %
15.3
15.4
15.8
16
16
15.9
15.7
15.7
BF wt.
27.51
27.75
28.66
29.1
29.18
29
28.64
28.48
H2O %
62
61.9
61.6
61.4
61.2
61.5
61.7
61.6
H2O wt
111.47
111.54
111.74
111.5
111.62
112.17
112.54
111.74
Muscle mass %
44
43.9
43.7
43.6
43.6
43.7
43.8
43.7
Muscle wt.
79.11
79.11
79.27
79.26
79.53
79.71
79.9
79.45
MM:BF
ratio
2.88
2.85
2.77
2.73
2.73
2.75
2.79
2.79


50116 [Sunday #318] –  May starts on Sunday which means Friday the 13th.. would they dare another false flag? I think Isabella returns this month. YAY! Up at 0830.. eased into training: run w/ 10s … 400, then handstand pushups, feel stronger, straighter, more in control, band squats, knee pulls (I need better names for this stuff) dbl ankle weights, calf raises, diamond heads, leg curls on ball.. crunches, leg raise, reverse crunch.

Tea, before all this – then deep into the morning, shower and weigh in.
179.8 – substantial food and eating yesterday and a lot of sporadic training about a lb. off.  Got to get away from trying to lose. Bod looks tight, so switch from scale to mirror and let weight do what it does. Next measuring day June 15th.. just before the end.

Boring day – got out for a walk to H-Mart – back too, lots of training. 2 good rounds – lots of eating but good stuff. Handstands getting strong.

C&C before bed. Back to the grind tomorrow. Probably a nice change.

50216 [Monday #319]  - Wake – Yoga. 180.2, etc [see chart] –

Legs feel strong and stable today. Very strong up the El Steps.
Lentils, egg & cheese bkft. ACV & H2O first thing.

Falling away from 3:1 – got to make changes, but I can blame the transition for now.

Four Rounds today… Close together.
Lunch Park’s 85%.. my own greens. Chicken and salmon from park’s.

Pre- BWT at the Y – pulls, jump squats, wall sits, hanging wipers.. wore me out.
Post supps and string cheese before FF which was medium strong.
Second cheese after. Walk home.
Protein shake, etc.
Super tired… and nodded early, clothes and all. Switched over at 2300 and back to bed.

50316 [Tuesday #320] –  After everything yesterday I wake at 0400 tired and probably still burning calories. Morning yoga and intentional breathing exercises, trying to blend the two. ACV first thing though. I know this is going to take time. A shot a day, until the bottle is gone.

I don’t number the days, but haven’t missed a morning workout, although I’ve postponed a few.

Weigh in – something is off. Either the scale or my theory. Good work yesterday, walk home, extended fast and long sleep and the weight is up… but the Bod looks tighter and leaner.

As mush as I like numbers, I may have to divorce myself from the scale at the end of this Bootcamp Year. Can’t take it with me.. but I can take the tape measure and caliper.

Round I: [N] –
Sore today and still recovering.

Got some new supplements yesterday; Jiaogulan and back to the Deer antler after possibly more than ten years, (we remember ten years ago I was at my peak bench pressing strength, but not very lean.) So here’s what these are supposed to do. 

Deer antler velvet has been used in China for over 2,000 years as a medicinal treatment for numerous minor conditions and ailments.

The effects of deer antler velvet on health will depend on the animal from which it was taken (deer, caribou, moose or elk) and the diet of the animal.

And, while scientific studies on deer antler velvet are scarce, deer antler velvet has been used by traditional Chinese medicine as a treatment for infertility, joint inflammation, and hypertension.
In addition, traditional medicine has used deer antler velvet to improve mental alertness and memory, boost immune system function, speed wound healing and recovery, slow aging, balance iron levels, improve libido in both sexes, and restore joint health.

Soviet scientists in the 1980s tested the effects of deer antler velvet on the performance of elite Russian athletes, and the results were astonishing. Deer antler velvet helped increase the strength and muscle mass of Russian athletes, and speed their recovery time from exercise.
The increases in strength helped the Russian athletes shatter new strength records at the Olympics and crush their American competitors.

Jiaogulan is used for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and improving heart function. It is also used for strengthening the immune system, increasing stamina and endurance, increasing resistance to environmental stress (as an “adaptogen”), improving memory, and preventing hair loss.

I also got cayenne, licorice root and Siberian Ginseng… those will last through the end of the year.

Park’s 91% pork and turkey… my greens.
Two more rounds before the end of the work day.
Ride home – Gloomy, rainy (misty) day.
Home – chilled and almost nodded before getting to the training.. 2x tea before the BWT.
Blasted the legs, with a variety of squats, kbell, overhead and band supported deep squats aka Asian Squats. Dbl ankle weights, leg curls on ball and flat, extreme, extended pushups… still on my knees with these.

Shake and supps after (these supps could be accounting for the “weight” or maybe it’s muscle).
Just snacked until bedtime, C&C before bed. Read 30 mins and nod about 2200.

50416 [Wednesday #321] –   Wake 0400… good sleep.. kind of sore. Stalled a while.. ACV & H2O.

Did the 3-15 Theory workout this AM, kickouts, run in place, jacks. 20 – 15 then 15 – 20 15 minutes on point. Then crunches and reverse crunches. Broke a little sweat.

Tea –
Round I: [N] –

Weigh in – Completely regressing by the scale… but the mirror is showing completely different. One theory is that muscle weight is increasing, but the scale reflects overall weight and calculates accordingly… so as weight increases the % of fat increases regardless of the facts. (Of course I could be off myself.) Anyway, I feel stronger – looking better, so I must (say again).. ditch the scale.

Bkft – guac, cabbage, spinach, cheese, AM vits.
Pack up and go.

Round II: [N] – So far, apple, trail mix and AM vits/supps.. J & Deer Antler.

Once again, intermittent fasting and HIITraining comes up. I have to work around the gig. Too slow here not to eat for 8. Metabolism doesn’t go after fat stores for 8 hours! Maybe delay breakfast til I get to the gig… or continue Int-fast on days off…

Lunch 96% Park’s turkey and chicken – no greens (cabbage, avos, toms, slaw.)

Round III: [N] – This day is bringin’ me down man. (Dreary, cold) Home work today… looking forward to tea.

Got home, had tea.. made a video, or two then worked out the upper body. Bands for chest and suspension “ups” (a combo of pulls and pushes) and shoulder work, 30 sec handstand, hard too. Pike pushups for shoulders. Ankle weights on, back shrugs with bands, triceps, side bends w/ k-bell. I got close to an hour in, if not a little more.

Shake and supps after. More tea. Stopped eating at 2000,
C&C before bed. 3x tea.. total. Drinking more tea.
2200 goodnight.

50516 [Thursday #322] –  wake 0400, decent sleep. No music the past two nights. I feel like I didn’t need much sleep.

It was a yoga morning. Two sun salutations, slow with long holds, balance on leg(s) with a ball. Hip openers, seated.. floor work. About 45 minutes.

Tea –
Weigh in. Weight up, fat steady. H2O down – muscle steady. An unusual change. Moved the scale back to the room. Doesn’t seem to make that much of a difference. Weight is steadily increasing – I think, in a good way. Today I decided to extend the fast (explained in the Goodbye Philly blog.) So, no breakfast @ la casa.

Round I: [N-T] 
Theoretically today’s walk to the station will access fat stores for fuel. I’m trying to hold out until 0800 to break fast, which will be twelve hours. I should eat regularly – including t-mix and apple until 1300 and hit the Y around 1530, then protein shake, maybe soup before 2000… and see what tomorrow brings. If I’m going to delay eating, then when I do eat it will have to be dense and low carbs. Let’s see if I can maintain this for the month and see what adaptations occur. I can deal with the weight gain as long as the actual fat keeps going (not the scale fat, b/c that increases with the overall weight.)

0745 – no hunger. Got to eat to take the AM supps… maybe I should back off of these. I’ve got a strong supply.
0800 – bkft guac, cabbage, cheese – and supps/vits. Not very hungry. Good move so far. Finished the trail mix. Good til lunch.
Round II: [N] –
Park’s 80% turkey, cabbage, tomatoes, avocados, (BYO greens).

Delayed breakfast wasn’t very hungry for lunch 2 1200. So I can spread this out along the day.
Felt revved… too revved maybe overdid the herbs. Y after work?

Round III: [N] C&C getting the job done. I may have been eating too much food. Another Day 1.

YMCA –
Jump squats, 35 lbs 3 x 12, hammie-dips, lots of pulls, hanging wipers… BWT wears me out.. Almost sweating. Feel strong, good energy. Think I’m making a come back.. just in time too. TUGX Tuesday.

Ride home.. BCAA & BY after seaweed.

2x tea at home. Small bowl of soup. C&C, read and bed around 2200 and not sleepy. Deep breathing exercises to fall asleep. Goodnight… music tonight.

50616 [Friday #323] –   Wake 0400 AMX run 500 w/ ank + 10 lbs.. pushups.. this AM day 2 of IF…

Round I: [N] –
Tea –
Weigh in shows slight increase in muscle, decrease in fat… only small.

Good energy coming into the gig – some belly pangs – but H2O helped. Two pints of master cleanse before 0800, the after… the 12 hour fast. I finished yesterday’s lunch – kind of paleo… and not feeling hungry at this point 0850.. Took AM supps with bkft. Going to try and delay the t-mix until lunch time. Got yogurt and an apple to spread out – yogurt first, letthe fat coat the stomach.

0935 yogurt & Vits.

Round II- [BFF-X-C] – One day of change and results.

Lunch – Apple.

Came home, chilled, history, faux nap. Forced a bit of a workout. Dull, dreary, cold rainy day… 6th or 7th straight. 3x tea… too much. Don’t taste it any more. Read. Bed, normal time.
Pbutter, cin and honey bowl at some point.

50716 [Saturday #324] – Wake 0700, eventually get to a pretty good AMX session. Several kinds of squats, overhead (OH) – band w/ kbell, front k-bell and calf raises w/ 20s. Suspension (supine work) core balance, legs, run in place, jump rope, long planks (attempt) wide pushups & extended pushups.
Weigh in – fat decreasing – muscle increasing.. slightly. Weight steady. Is this accurate? Are these IF adaptations? What’s next? We’ll see.
Breaking fast with a shake today – 13.5 hours since last meal, (although I grab almonds and cashews from time to time.)

Yogurt –
Road trip – South bound. Stay disciplined on the eats.

Meal – eggs and pulled pork at Succotash.
Round II: [N-T] –
2x Tea in Old Town
Meal Cobb Salad in Virginia (Arundal Mills Mall) 2x iced tea.
Home 2330 C&C and bed around midnight.
Round III: [BFT] – G’night.

No comments:

Post a Comment