Monday, January 18, 2016

Session XV: 10316- 11616:

We're gonna make this work!!!


Survival Protocol

Chapter III: Winter 122015 - 32616

Session XV 10316 - 11616

Let's start session 15 off with a look back at 2015. 

It was Peter Drucker, who was some sort of business executive that said, "That which gets measured gets done," or something like that. In any case, i often return to this quote because it's the main reason I started measuring my progress in various aspects of my health and fitness progress. In 2009 I made a effort to count calories in an attempt to lose weight. It worked. Documentation and tracking helped to keep ma accountable. during the years when I was gaining weight... maybe in 2011, I started measuring the circumference of four "vital" areas of my torso. Also in 2011 I started blogging my daily exercises, which included daily weigh-ins. This exploded into a research project of sorts. Because i was seeking different ways to lose weight, gain muscle, increase flexibility, endurance and strength and slow the aging process, I read reports and articles, watched lectures and listened to experts. Then, slowly, I experimented with the advice that seemed most interesting (or made the most sense based on what I'd already learned and experienced); and tracked the results. 

Today I have 10 years of weight data, 5 years of blog-umentation, close to twenty years of images, (before and after pictures) and just over a year of data on body fat, muscle mass and H2O weight based on a store-bought scale, that is admittedly not the best device for such measurements - but we use what's in our budget and what's available. 

So much for the introduction, let's take an empirical look at 2015: 

   



 Here we have the Mother of All Charts - This graph shows my average weight on a yearly basis from 2006 through 2015 as well as the Ten year average (last pyramid). 

2006 I became a personal trainer. I was thick and bulky. 2004 was my "peak" year as far as upper body strength. My average weight was about 187 lbs. 

2007 is the year I began leading group fitness session at Temple. I did this two to three times a week. I started in may of that year and I've continued to this day. You will note that since group fitness my yearly average has dropped every year until 2011. 

In 2011 I started Bajai Bootcamp, which is a daily blog that tracks my exercise regimen. By this year I figured I might as well exercise every day - I started with running through the woods. I did a lot of outdoor exercising that year.  Towards the end of this year i figured it was time to get strong and add muscle, so between 2011 and 2012 I started my day with a protein shake. Nothing fancy, just a spoonful in 8 oz of water. You can see the results on 2013. I got bigger, but not necessarily stronger. Not as strong as I was in 2004, not in upper body strength anyway. I also injured my left shoulder in 2012. The spike in weight woke me up so between rehabbing the shoulder, working my lower body and still teaching group fitness, I was looking for the magic formula to building muscle and losing fat. 

As you can see by the chart, the wake up call worked. The average dropped below 190 lbs. in 2014 (when I got a new scale that measures muscle mass, body fat and water weight) and below 185 this year. 



Another goal I became obsessed with, was the idea of the muscle mass to body fat ratio. Since I was recording my digits daily, I started to imagine what i could do with them. I have no idea what the average American male's MM:BF ratio is, but I had about two-and-a-half (2.50) times more muscle by weight than body fat. I wanted to do better. I imagined it would be better to have 3x as much muscle as fat. I wondered what that would look like and how (or if) I could achieve it. 

This challenge made me scrutinize the workings of my body even more closely; what I ate, how and when I ate; what kinds of exercise I was doing (strength training when I wasn't teaching classes), how long I slept, and the supplements I was taking. 

What I discovered - taking a long 30 - 40 (walking home) walk after lifting for about 60 - 90 minutes, burned fat and preserved muscle. Extended fasting - which for me happened of my days off from work - helped burn fat and preserve muscle. Sleeping in, again on off days, achieved the goal, which also helps to extend the fast. And most likely, a vigorous cardio workout when I first get up, which I've been doing continuously for more than a year, in one form or the other, also helps. 

But it's not an entirely rosy picture. You may have noticed 'preserved muscle' - my goal is to build muscle and shred fat. While I dropped about 13% of fat weight in 2015, I also lost just under 2 lbs of muscle weight. (I want to blame the scale because I look noticeably more jacked and defined, which could just as likely be reduced body fat as denser muscle mass. but on to the next chart.)




 Here's the 2015 muscle weight chart. you will see the light blue line is my goal of 82 lbs of muscle. This is what the scale says and the reason i blame the scale is because it measures everything proportionately depending on how you program it, (height, weight, age, gender, athlete, or not), but at times it hints of actual improvement - so I take it for what it is. So on Jan 24th of 2015 (the spike) I was nearly 192 lbs. - 35 lbs body fat and 1/2 lb. away from 82 lbs. muscle weight - but my ratio was 2.37:1 totally unacceptable. 

Conversely, the dip... on May 30th total weight was 176 lbs. - 28 lbs body fat and 77 lbs muscle weight. the ratio was 2.75:1. 

I also did a scale test last year, which proved my theory, however I still use it as a measuring guideline. It keeps me... not honest, but interested. 

Well... now that you're either thoroughly bored and/or confused, let's get on with Session 15. Maybe later I'll share my fat weight charts and torso measurements. 

Ciao. 




It doesn’t get more rock-n-roll than this; a different weight every day. I was on a solid slide at the beginning of the week, then the wedding… and food abuse. I ate a lot of stuff I wasn’t used to and the Bod… took care of it. This resulted in a dramatic drop on Tuesday and weakness due to the body metabolizing the food. As expected, weight climbed as the week progressed. At some point this week I began High Intensity Interval Training on the treadmill and ordered myself to walk home from the Y (unless it snowed). Post-gym shakes and small dinners got us back on track to close out the week in the Green. My goal is to keep my winter weight below 180, unless I somehow crack the muscle gain code and can maintain a 3:1 or better ratio. In fact, let’s imagine this; if I can maintain fat weight at 25 lbs. or lower, I won’t worry so much about total body weight… most likely it will be muscle mass, bone density and other beneficial “stuff.” At the end of this week, however, losses beat gains. Not thrilled about muscle weight drop, but liking the ratio. And that’s what I’m learning from this… so far. 

Day
Sunday
1-3
Monday
1-4 *
Tuesday
1-5
Wednesday
1-6
Thursday
1-7
Friday
1-8
Saturday
1-9
Ave.
Weight
180.8
178.7
176.6
177.6
179
179.8
178.4
178.7
Body Fat %
15.5
15.2
14.9
14.9
15.2
15.4
15.1
15.2
BF wt.
28
27.16
26.31
26.46
27.21
27.7
26.94
27.16
H2O %
61.8
62
62.2
62.2
62
61.9
62.1
62
H2O wt
111.73
110.8
109.85
110.47
111
111.3
110.79
110.8
Muscle mass %
43.9
44.1
44.2
44.2
44
43.9
44.1
44
Muscle wt.
79.37
78.81
78.06
78.5
78.76
78.93
78.67
78.63
MM:BF
ratio
2.83
2.9
2.97
2.97
2.89
2.85
2.92
2.89







Summary: 1-3-16 – AMX and Adrian’s wedding, so road trip to Stroudsburg and food-food-food.

10316 – [Sunday #200] –   Wake 0600 or so, maybe 0530… AMX, start with the chair then hit it, the burpees/cardio was weaker today, but overall stronger; 3 rounds of 20 deep squats, pushups were god, maybe advance to 30s, not sure if I’ll wake up at home or in Stroudsburg tomorrow. I can push back – or work something out if necessary. Don’t want to start skipping days, but I don’t want to be tied/anchored to AMX either. Maybe a break would help, but I’ll save my breaks for when I have to take them.

Tea, weigh – AM Supps.
Bkft: turkey soup, tea. Nap 1 hour.
P-butter scoop and head up to Stroudsburg.
Round I: [T] –
Stroudsburg: Round II: [T] – Hotel.
Meal at Triplets diner, the usual, 2x eggs, 2 sausage, tomatoes and tea.

Wedding – food-food-food!! Mostly salad and meats, some grains got in there. Tea and water, 2 beers, slow sipping.

Got shaken up, dizzy and nauseous on mountain roads. Had to reboot.
Round III: [T-F] – lot’s of T’s today. Probably traveling.
Nod 2100-ish with a headache.


Summary 1-4-16 – AMX elliptical, road trip back to Philly. First GX back at the Y. lots of regrouping.

10416 – [Monday #201] –  Wake 0700 Stroudsburg.
AMX 30 mins on the elliptical front/back in 5 minute intervals. Good sweat. Seemed like a killer. Looks like I’m going to have to add elliptical and treadmill HIIT to this session to cut more body fat. BCAA’s after.

Bkft: Hotel, sausage, eggs, scrambled. Tea.
Round I: [T] –

Note: I’ve gotten so used to raveling and being alone it takes me some getting used to being around people… even family. Been single so long I’d have to learn how to be in a relationship. It might be interesting.

Round II: [TF] –

Back in Philly – tea and chill out at Mom’s then back to the Casa. Turkey stew.

Round III: [XP] – I will not need much food this eve. I’m thinking disco nap.

Round IV: [QP] – D.A.D.?
Round V: [QP] –

YMCA GX: tired but made it through/ 50% participation (from me) good sized class.

Bod is doing its job… metabolizing the wedding food-food-food!! No need to weigh in today, tomorrow will be fine and today will be averaged. I feel nutritionally week. Maybe yogurt at home & tea.
Cold Cold today!!

Yogurt, cashews. Turned the heat on. Held out 4 days longer than last year.
4 Vitamin C and chlorella before bed.


Summary – 1-5-16: Pushed everything back today, sleep, exercise, food… shocking weight drop!! When we do the numbers.


10516 – [Tuesday #202] –  wake finally, close to 0900. Pre-wake Round I: [QP] – still.

All I could think about was extending the fast and what the Bod was doing with the wedding food.

Weigh in; (even before AMX): 176.6 – 14.9 – 62.2 – 44.2 shocked!! But not surprised considering… I don’t think this is from exercise and the weight will probably snap back. Ratio is 2.97:1 (see chart) best ever. But can I trust it? Can I maintain it? I can, but will I? Or will I have to return?  I can make this work. Seems like a theme is emerging for 2016.. Make it work!

Round II: [QP] – Tea, p-butter scoop – body is sore. What kind of AMX? Yoga most likely.
Meal – lentils, some work, twists, etc. still weak.
Round III: [QP] – Tea, nap… sunny day, but too damn cold!!

Walk to 6-9, hardware and candles… refreshed, revitalized, feeling better.
Meal – t-burger, cheese, guac, and tomatoes.
Tea
PMX – Yoga, two sun sals, stretch and rolling pressure, tennis ball.
Back to the gig tomorrow, AMX and possibly the Y. fully Recovered? Maybe by tomorrow. No crazy rounds since the last. Good night.


Summary – Slow start, hard run up the steps.. HIIT on the treadmill at the Y.


10616 – [Wednesday #203] –  eyes opened before the alarm, then up at 0400. Eat sweat was very weak and slow. Made it through two rounds, (10 burpees, 20 squats, 10 pushups) – but the breath wasn’t there. I think/fear it’s due to the heat (exhaust). Temp set to 62 degrees, plus space heaters. I can also be weak from the GI recovery. Still I’m going to keep the gas low this year.

Skipped the post workout tea. Oh and got good stretching in and hip openers and some pressure work – forgot what it’s called. I still feel weak, though I might make the Y this afternoon.

Can’t wait to see what the weight did over the last 24 hours.

Weigh in: 177.6 – 14.9% - 62.2% - 44.2% - gained a lb, same ratio. Wonder what HIIT 2-3x a week on a treadmill would do? (Besides build my endurance). I think the weight will bounce back – but I’m going to try and hold it down – 2.6 lbs away from goal.

Round I: [N-F-K] –
Lunch: Park’s 72% no meat.
Round II: [N] –

YMCA:
Round III: [X] –
HIIT Treadmill… 30 minutes + 5 minute cool down. Handstand pushups/pull ups super sets.. low reps (3 & 5).

BCAA’s after, no pre-supps.
Home & tea
Meal 2x egg omelet, scallions, shrooms, cheese, tomatoes. Tried to make it like a pizza, but missed.

Let’s see what HIIT did tomorrow. New dynamic in the fitness game. Maybe more energy for AMX.

Y? If so, we hit the legs, get out early and walk home. Should be warmer tomorrow.
G’nite.


Summary – 1-6-16: weak and slow AMX, still recovering & gaining weight. YMCA legs day, walk home, restock food.


10716 – [Thursday #204] – Slow getting up today. It was almost like an unauthorized snooze, (don’t want to start that practice again). But I made it out of bed and did some kind of AMX, mostly running in place and twisting. Got 10 slow, heavy, burpees, 10 pushups after the fact – and hip openers… always these… I’m determined to gain (improve) flexibility in these hips and shoulders.

Felt a lil something in the throat this morn, so 4 (1g) Vit Cs, right away.

Weigh in – 179 – 15.2 – 62. – 44. – once great digits, now I’m not so impressed. Despite HIIT yesterday, I’m headed back to the 180 ‘normal’ weight. I know one day doesn’t yield results… unless all of the elements are in place.

Stuffy nose and blockage when I bend over is an ongoing issue. Maybe I should focus on lung openers too. Discipline – deep breathe exercises and meditation at night instead of cybertainment. Also, remember pre-supps before AMX and ACV-M needs to make a return.

Bkft – lentils and yogurt w/ chia. Filling. Vits and iodine.

Better, up the El steps than yesterday… (short of breath). This is one of my daily indicators of health and endurance. I need more focus on endurance this chapter.

Gig: Round I: [BFT] 0930
Hunger is at bay – maybe lentils and yogurt are a good breakfast.

Lunch – Park’s 75% no meat, eggs are the main course, tomatoes and normal salad stuff.

Round II: [N] 1300
Round III: [L] 1355

YMCA: Round IV: [N] –
Legs Day
Dead lifts – good form about 5 sets, 135, 185, 225, 255, 315 (single lifts) – Take it slow and smaller increases after 315… remember 350 on a bad day… I need to reestablish that practice.

Leg press – start 6 plates 270 lbs. t0 12 plates 540 lbs – this is a real challenge, but 450 is relatively easy. Of course since I like this I want to max it out.

Lunges: 20 lbs dbs, 3 sets of 12 total. Left knee … more like a hard pain than muscle soreness.
Leg Curl machine, seated 3 sets 100 lbs is good.

Walk to HMart then home… perfect.

Protein/gainer w/ Cr. And cayenne at home. Arginine, carnitine, CLA.  Jupiter rising all afternoon.


Round V: [TL] …

P-butter scoops and 2x tea, but wasn’t very hungry. Beat though. Had a short mat-nap.. worked the hips and some myo-whatever. Left side upper glutes need work (low back too). Maybe I can find a chiro this year. That would be the move.
Should do night prep.. especially the mug & eyes.






Summary – 1-8-16: Low energy AMX, body & breath improving. HIIT-2 at the why and body weight work. Walk home.


10816 – [Friday #205] –   wake with alarm. Good sleep, sluggish wake.
Pre-supps

Round I: [X] to N-ish. Residual activity. 

AMX – mostly run, twist, stretch, chair. The AM energy is still low, but gym, lite eats after and early bout could be from the shake/dinner… Tweaking the eats. Going for similar bkft as yesterday. Got apples too. So let’s get going. 

Weight in: Ratio drops, weight returns, but these are signs I’m getting back to “normal”. I want to make 14% - 14.9% BF normal.

Bkft: lentils, save the yogurt for later. Added fresh garlic.
A bit stronger up the steps.

Gig: Yogurt and AM vitamins.
Lunch – park’s 81% added turkey. May have to do away with the hb eggs.  Hungry today.
Round II: [T] –
Round III: [SF] –

YMCA –
Round IV: [L] – Jupiter again.
HIIT 35 minutes this round. 30 seconds longer b/t breaks. More tired this time. Tight chest, no chills, 3.2 lower mph – 8 mph highest, flat incline.

Handstand pushups and pull ups – 3 rounds
Dip and decline pushups, 3 rounds.

60 minutes and out. BCAA’s & BY.

Good walk hole from the gym. Phone time.

Shake @ home & tea. 4 Vit C.
A little stretching before bed.

Chlorella tonight. It doesn’t feel like Friday… good. Maybe it won’t feel like Saturday when I get up






Summary – 1-9-16: AMX – max legs, & the beach, helps. Normal day at work, lifting at the Y, walk, nap…


10916 – [Saturday #206] –  wake – before the alarm – no telling how long – got back to sleep and dragged myself out of bed @ 0400.

AMX – warm ups, run, twist.. max legs, the beach, hip openers and twists. Didn’t feel like I had burpees in me. Lots done yesterday.

Tea – oh and pre-supps before AMX
Round I: [N] –
Weigh in – better digits, some results from HIIT and the walk I suppose.

Felt heavy up the steps, bit no shortness of breath.
Kind of stuffy today from the body work. Left hip area feels improved (the beach I suspect), keep an ‘eye’ on it though.

Gig: apple first then trail mix.
Round II: [N] – 1115
Lunch – Park’s 77% salmon salad
Round III: [N] –
Yogurt.. Jupiter.
YMCA: Round IV – [L] – Jupiter

The work: Front Squats up to 1555, short and low. Going for better and more deliberate moves and posture.

Shrugs – no wraps so 235 was the best I could do.
Military press – 95 lbs max NOTE :Stop pointing elbows inward. Why did I start this anyway? Sore shoulder compensation I think. Widen grip, improve posture and strength.
Bent row – lighter than usual weight 5 x 10. Better form.
Done 1 hour. BCAA & BY – walk home

La Casa: Shake (usual mix)
Seasalt “purgative’ that had no [immediate] effect, so I guess there was nothing to purge. Then tea. Then sleep… 40 minutes turns into a couple of hours. I’ll take it.

Up again; food prep, more tea and feeling pretty good.
Right shoulder is sore. Don’t know what I did, but it’s been sore a while (ant delt, not like the other injuries) – so better get some rehab in. see what AMX holds tomorrow. May try Eat Sweat. No food after the shake, no hunger. Let the metabolism eat the fat for fuel.

HIIT day 3 tomorrow if I make it to the Y after work. It’s becoming routine again. I want to get 3 solid weeks (10 – 11 days) of HIIT/Treadmill and check results. 3 lbs away from goal – which will likely coincide with the 3:1 ratio. PSYCHED!!

Maybe then I can start packing on the muscle. Age be damned!!

END of Session 15 Part 1




When you skip a day… you pay! This is the theme at the end of this week as I’m 4.6 lbs heavier and hoping that at least some of it is muscle. Okay, let’s be honest. I took a break day and went out socializing at a bar. 1 beer and I’m in purgatory. Otherwise the week was characterized by High Intensity Interval Training on the treadmill & heavy to moderate weight lifting every other day, and walks home every day at the gym. We did the first Cardio-Sculpt session at Temple this week also. I know I’ll get my weight out of the red-zone… this is just an adjustment. Once I get back to the routine, we’ll get those good digits again. Recovery time is still a day or two.

Day
Sunday
1-10
Monday
 1-11
Tuesday
1-12
Wednesday
1-13
Thursday
1-14
Friday
1-15
Saturday
1-16
Ave.
Weight
181.2
179.8
181
177.4
180.4
180.4
183
180.4
Body Fat %
15.6
15.2
15.4
14.9
15.3
15.3
15.8
15.3
BF wt.
28.27
27.33
27.87
26.43
27.6
27.6
28.91
27.6
H2O %
61.7
62
61.9
62.2
62
62
61.6
61.9
H2O wt
111.8
111.47
112.04
110.34
111.85
111.85
112.73
111.66
Muscle mass %
43.8
44
43.9
44.2
44
44
43.7
43.9
Muscle wt.
79.37
79.11
79.46
78.41
79.38
79.38
79.97
79.2
MM:BF
ratio
2.81
2.89
2.85
2.97
2.88
2.88
2.77
2.87








Summary – 1-10-16: Weight spike in the red. HIIT#3 AM yoga. Rainy and warm, but ended the day with some sun.


11016 – [Sunday #207] –  wake 0400 – AMX – more yoga-esque and twisting and hip openers. Felt hungry and empty afterwards. Pre-supps, by the way.

Weigh in was a shock – right into the red zone.. lifted and walked yesterday, but probably slept too much and didn’t eat enough so, plus 3 lbs.

Bkft: potatoes mix & egg, tea, iodine after the meal.
Rainy and warm today, like March. Sleepy too. That ‘nap’ did me in. might as well have just slept through the night.

Round I: [SS] – thinking sea salt.
Round II: [Q] – looks like I’ve recreated last week’s pattern. Interesting.

Okay up the steps. Haven’t had an Eat Sweat workout in several days, however HIIT has been consistent, well, two days. Should be day 3 today after work.

Lunch: Tootsie’s 71% Kale, feta, tuna, hummus.
Round III: [N] – Apple
Yogurt – remember to eat all the food I bring. Sun’s out. Think I’ll make the Y.
Round IV: [L]

YMCA – HIIT#3 done: 2 – 2.5 minute rests, 30 second intervals 35 minutes, still chest tightens. Not enough H2O, sips help.


  • Handstand Pushups 5-3-5-1 & wide grip pull ups (5) 4 rounds.
  • Dips 3 rounds of six
  • Ball squats 2 rounds x 10 (hands over head0
  • Ball pushups 3 – 4 – 5 these are tough.
  • Done, 60 minutes.
  • BCAA’s & BY – walked home. Almost wimped out due to rain that didn’t happen. (Good sky pic)
  • Home – shake – tea.
  • Meal: T-burger,
  • Snack, p-butter, more tea.
  • Early to bed.




Summary – More vibrant AMX today. Isabella leaves the US. Weight stabilizes. Leg day at the Y and Functional Fitness.

11116 – [Monday #208] –  Bon voyage Isabella. I think I get it.

Wake 0834 – Long sleep, long fast behind a long walk and HIIT#3. Let’s see the result, if any.

Been having dreams of Xave as a little guy. And a dream of a sister who lets her brother (she seemed to be struggling to get him up out of the street) slip into the sewer. It’s a phobia of mine, I guess. I freaked out so much I woke up. Wonder what this is about.

Round I: [N] –
AMX is envisioned.. but which protocol.
Did a more vibrant AMX – got some burpees in and tried some double leg mule kicks, deep squats, floor touch and boxing with 5 lb dbs. Got enough done. Pre-supps taken after.

Weigh in: 179.8 – 15.2 – 62 – 44 Better.

I have to admit I’m expecting these digits to drop much too fast, which will result in a bounce. I know I must be patient and consistent. So… lift today? Then class… hike to market – might be too much if I don’t eat enough.

BKFT 1103-ish; Turkey soup. Fast extended by 5 hours today. Don’t skimp on food though. I can use the fuel.

Round II: [Q-S] – interesting.

36 and sunny and I don’t feel like hiking. Things can change. Wondering if I’ll even lift today. A break wouldn’t be bad. First CSX tomorrow at Temple and late too.

Meal – Potatoes, mix, egg, cheese.
Yogurt.
Head to the Y 1515-ish.. might get some pre-sork in.

YMCA – work
Romanians – 135 to 275, reps. 315 & 325 single lifts.
45 lb plate front raises 2 x 10 (separate and got chills doing  them.)
Shrugs w/ wraps, reps up to 365!!

Leg press 6 – 10 plates, rep, hard.. sore left knee. Bone seems affected by pressure (weight)
Reverse inside grip pull ups 5 & 4 need to get used to these. Good for forearms.

Functional Fitness – strong day and dynamic, some chest tightening, 40 – 50% participation.
Walk home – stop for candles and new plugs.

Home – shake w/ p-butter and coconut oil.

Later [2030] tomatoes, guac and cheese. Spicy guac and TEA!!
Back to the night ritual, I expect and maybe some hip openers and breathing.

Loving the Bod right now.


Summary – 1-12-16: active day, including HIIT#4 at the Y and Cardio sculpt at temple.

11216 – [Tuesday #209] –  wake 0600-ish… Got plenty of sleep, no bizarre dreams. AMX – variety – a lot of twists/boxing – upper-upper, db & plate work. Bending and 50 each mule kicks and straight leg (butt) raise.

Tea and a sweat moment. I think it was triggered by “fumes” (smell) from flower pot heater. Had to hit the mat for a while.

Round I: [BFT] – didn’t do the chlorella last night. Guess I’m out of the habit and will have to make an effort to pick it up again. Imagining lentils for breakfast. Media today… HIIT at the Y after, I guess. TU @ 5pm.

Weigh in: [chart] – the variable is sleep. Maybe I had a few hours less… or food?
Return to upper-upper work. Check the North Philly Y.
Round II: [Q] – is there a pattern? Shakes?
Walk to Upper Darby 25 mins.
Media, M&Ms and tea.

YMCA – HIIT#4 – more power, more speed, better breath, 163 – 165 Max HR. 8.5 max sprint. 35 mins.

Handstand pushups 3 rounds. I was whipped after the treadmill. Decline pushups off the wall, 1 round of 8. 45 degree chin ups on smith bar.
Dips on smith bar. (I wanted to flip.)
BCAA’s & BY need to crunch that apple. Home… Walk? May be riding.

Ride home – eat apple. No shake.
T-burger, toms, guac, peppers, etc, shrooms.
Round III: [T] – To Temple.
TUGX – good ice breaker, energetic. Didn’t over-participate. Not hungry.
Aqua Box – 1 person, easy class.
Probably go to bed close to getting home. Good day.


Summary – 1-13-16: stretch/twist AMX, YMCA deep squats and bench presses. Walk home

11316 – [Wednesday #210]  Wake up slow and sore… laid there for a while – but when I sat up, it was like magic. Pre-supps and then stretching and twisting and hip opening AMX.

Then, tea.
The weigh in was a pleasant relief. So yesterday’s spike? So far it’s another volatile week. Ahh, this day follows CSX @ TU and a day of getting things done and no arbitrary eating. However I still fueled the Bod.

The numbers look good so far this year. All I have to do is NOT do anything stupid. No o-d’ing on protein. If I can’t build muscle with food and exercise – just try to hold on to what I have, and shred fat.

Recalibrating the weight goal to 170 lbs. Got close to 175 – but can see where I can lose more flab.

Lunch – Park’s 80% - turkey and chicken.
Round I: [BFT] – late.
Yogurt – Jupiter.

Bizarre Dream last night> kids are vandalizing some stuff. Mike calls the cops. Cops arrive. Mike decides he shouldn’t have called them. Cops arrest Mike.

YMCA
Round II: [N] –
The work: Squats: deep-hold-stand, 135 – 155. This was brutal. Took like 20 – 25 minutes (stretches between sets) 5 reps down to 3.

Bench Press – same slow 135 – 155, 5 x 5
Leg press, high and deep 3s and 4s.
Close rev. inside pull ups 2 x 3. (Go slow on these, maybe every 2 days) getting higher.
60 minutes out. BCAA’s and BY. Walk home.. sunny 7 cold. Finished strong today and the walk home was brisk and energetic. No hunger. Slight shortness of breath headed up the hill.

Home: shake, gainer/protein/cr/coconut oil/p-butter/cayenne. Nothing needed after that, aside from a few almonds.

Today I hit a 2.97:1 ratio without being ‘sick’ and only two strong rounds today. A lot of food wasn’t necessary and I started my fast close to 19 – 2000 hrs. Tomorrow’s anyone’s guess. A drop or a spike – the activities point to a drop – or maybe it stays flat.

Chlorella before bed. Read some massage text – dream of my escape. Start my novel.


Summary – 1-14-16: AMX, the gig, 4 rounds, HIIT#5 and walk home. Good day.

11416 – [Thursday #211] –   0400 wake groggy. Almost have to force myself of out bed. Good sleep though.
AMX – run, twist, mostly stretching and opening. More twist/torso flexibility. I don’t think I need Eat Sweat AMX as HIIT days cover the cardio.

Round I: [T] – had supps first thing. Maybe a bad idea.

Weigh in 180.4 – that puts me in the orange. The goal is to stay under 180. Keep the discipline. I may have gained because I DIDN’T eat last night.

Bkft: Spicy turkey soup.
Strong up the steps – kind of funny tummy though.

AMX should be leg flex, hip openers and abs.
Gig: Apple – trail mix. Hunger came early. Biggest eats come before noon. Then very little food until bedtime.

Round II: [N-F] – combo
Round III: [N] –
Lunch – Park’s 81% - no meat, cheese, salad, hb eggs, avos, etc.
Yogurt –
Round IV: [N] – ish Hmmm
Go to Y – HIIT#5

YMCA – HIIT#5 Done!
Treadmill, Max 7.5 – weaker than last time. Max HR 146
Strong on the handstand pushups and pull-ups. 4 x 6 feeling the power.
Dips; 4 x 6. Ball pushups…. Getting stronger here too. Ball squats with 25 lb plate overhead.

Walk Home (strong up the hill0 two stops, $$$ & cashews.

Shake @ home, usual mix + ginger powder. Feel good. Maybe guac & lentils later?
Tea.

Meal – lentils, egg & cheese.
Chlorella before bed.

Got props from young’n’s at the y today. I’ll leave it there. First wave of this new generation someone’s calling the ‘Founders.’






Summary – 1-15-16: AMX – the morning stretch, Home work and a beer and salmon salad at Tap House, w/ Kelly.

11516 – [Friday #212] –  Wake early before the alarm. AMX – open hips, twists and abs work. Nothing too extravagant coming off an HIIT day.

Round I: [N-M] – good work.
Tea.

Bkft: potatoes, egg and cheese (left some).
Weigh in the same. I usually see some movement after treadmill and walking home. Maybe Bod is catching on, after only 2 weeks? Let’s see what week 3 does. Peeking at the Bod, it looks harder. Lil Chunky is still hangin’ around, but could be dropping off little by little.

Good up the El steps.
T-Mix.. almost right away. Breakfast does not hold me beyond the trip to work.
Round II: [N]

Lunch – park’s 69%, turkey and avos, salad, toms and greens.
Apple – Jupiter kicked in.

Legs are sore. I’m thinking Home work today as I have forgotten my Y-ID [which wouldn’t be a problem, just thinking take a break from the spot today.]

Home work – tea.
Lots of upper body work with the dumbbells. Presses, shrugs, flies, pulls, etc and shadow box with weights, side bends. Just a lot of random stuff that went on until I felt it.

Round III: [N] – out with Kel for a beer, chit-chat and salmon salad.
In close to 2300, straight to bed, no rituals.






Summary – 1-16-16: Monique’s birthday party; walk around the city. No proper workout, except the AMX… which is every day. Thankfully I have this.



11616 – [Saturday #213] –  [Skip a day & pay!] I had to get my snooze in today. Up at 0409 AMX the usual menu and abs. Felt tight this morning. Interestingly my nasal passages cleared up during AMX. Warmer than usual today. No heat needed.

Tea…
Weigh in – RED ZONE  Skip a day and pay! Got out of the routine. Hung out, no heavy lifting, no walk, less sleep. This may put me up 6 lbs this week and there’s another event this evening. I may still make the Y this eve… discipline.

Took supps during AMX. Maybe chlorella before the gig (Yes!)

Round I: [T] –
Gig: Round II: [N] – Trail mix and apple before lunch. Feel hungry @ lunchtime. Good! Fuel up
Lunch – Park’s 61% no meat or seafood.
Round III: [S – K]  - Got it done.

I must get in better shape to get in better shape!
Round IV: [UL]…

False hope, no YMCA at 2000 anything (at least I couldn’t find it. It may be well hidden inside the Duncan donuts spot). So Walk around, pick up t-mix goodies, stop at the Nook for tea, say Hi to Edna and Mike. Chai tea.

I need to utilize that ab wheel for AMX. I missed another workout, but I can get something else done at home. (This was not the case.)

Mixto: Birthday Party for Monique.  Dos Negra’s (dark), food, mostly meat and veggies and plantain chips. H2O. good stuff.

I found myself thinking it would be nice to be with Isabella at an event such as this. What’s up?

Home, tea, dishes, chlorella and a few honey roasted peanuts before bed.

And this is how I completed Session Fifteen!



End of SESSION 15

No comments:

Post a Comment