Monday, January 4, 2016

Session XIV: 122015 - 10216

Ho-ho-ho Mo'fo!!


Survival Protocol

Chapter III: Winter 122015 - 32616

A New Day

It feels like a new day and I’m treating it like a new day. Likely my last sickie of the year. I slacked – ha ha, and didn’t take them (my sick days) to the edge this year.

But back to this new beginning.

I felt as if I’d been slacking that last week or two (Session 13); can’t blame the weather completely and can’t blame social activities – I think I was just bored, lethargic – could’ve been an invader or something.

Anyway, Chapter III – The Dark Chapter is here and I have a sense of newness. I can train at home – do anything except for extra heavy weight lifting. The Y is supposed to have new stuff, including TRX and a leg press (slide); hopefully squat rack and decline bench, so I should be covered on both fronts. I also intend to continue the stretching, yoga, handstands and implement the get-ups (constant reminders).

Essentially the first half of Survival Protocol is over. I can prepare a report from June 19 to December 19; weight overall chart, basic comparison. Last year’s chart. What’s the standout difference? No wheat! I can’t think of anything else. Average weight for BBC4 vs BBC 5?

So here’s a quick look at the first 6 months of Bajai Bootcamp 5: Survival Protocol


Body wt
Bf%
BF wt.
H2o%
H20 wt
MM%
MM wt
Ratio
6-19-15
179.6
16.8%
30.17
60.9%
109.37
43.2%
77.58
2.57:1
12-19-15
182.4
15.9%
29.00
61.5%
112.20
43.7%
79.71
2.75:1
Diff. act.
+2.8 lbs

-1.17 lbs

+2.83

+2.13

Diff %
+1.5%

-3.8%

+2.50%

+2.6%


The three metrics I’m most interested in are:

Body weight – up 1.5% (not a lot, less than 3 lbs.)

Fat weight – down 3.8%. It’s a relatively small loss, but what makes it huge, is that it’s a loss in the context of an overall body weight gain. Which means…

Muscle Mass – up 2.5%, which is the point of this experiment (project). And of course the ratio realized an 18 point improvement.

The average body weight for the period of June 19, 2015 and December 19th was 182.38 lbs, compared to 187.34 lbs for the same period last year. Activities both years were largely the same; weight lifting, teaching group exercise classes and keeping track. The biggest difference is the diet; and specifically eliminating wheat from the diet.

Session XIV:  122015 -  10216

This week’s numbers were outstanding!! We stayed below 180 for three days straight and then popping over a bit on Christmas… to be expected, but still got away with a weekly average of just under 180, which I believe is a first for the year. Winter has been more like spring, but I’m not sure I can attribute the weight loss to El Nino. Let’s look deeper. Fat weight averaged below 28 lbs – which was our goal up until June of this year when we lowered it to 25 lbs. Muscle mass is holding very close to 79 lbs. I’m kind of disappointed that I’m not realizing any increases in muscle weight without overall increases in body weight; however I’m very happy not to be losing muscle. With 5 days left in this calendar year, we took a closer look at the BF and MM numbers. Body fat declined 3.5% from last week and an amazing 20% from Sept. 2014 when we switched to the new scale. Conversely muscle mass has remained steady declining less than 1% since Sept. 2014. Muscle mass has averaged 79.25 lbs. since we started tracking it. Overall body weight is 2% lower than my average weight for 2015, and 3.3% lower than the ten year average. In the parlance of popular culture... I’m winning (the weight control game.) But, I know I have to up it in 2016. Here’s how this week played out. 

Day
Sunday
12-20
Monday
12-21
Tuesday
12-22
Wednesday
12-23
Thursday
12-24
Friday
12-25
Saturday
12-26
Ave.
Weight
179.4
181.4
179
179
179
180.4
180.4
179.8
Body Fat %
15.1
15.7
15.1
15.3
15.3
15.4
15.4
15.3
BF wt.
27.1
28.48
27.03
27.4
27.4
27.78
27.78
27.51
H2O %
62.1
61.7
62.1
62
62
61.9
61.9
61.9
H2O wt
111.4
111.9
111.16
111
111
111.66
111.66
111.3
Muscle mass %
44.1
43.8
44.1
44
44
43.9
43.9
43.9
Muscle wt.
79.12
79.45
78.94
78.76
78.76
79.2
79.2
78.9
MM:BF
ratio
2.92
2.79
2.92
2.88
2.88
2.85
2.85
2.86




Summary 12-20-15 – First day of a new Chapter and amazing digits!! AMX dynamic rounds then yoga & Hanging with Sheyna. Soup’s on.



122015 [Sunday #186] –  wake just before 0800, stopped two alarms
AMX – a dynamic combo: run, lunges, pushups, 3 rounds, then chair yoga and hip openers.

Round I: [T]
Tea
Weigh in: 179.4 – 15.1 62.1 44.1 – amazing adjustment and wondering why.. of course.

Four days of no meat eating – no gym (home work, but slight0 not having an evening “meal”. Lentils for breakfast and train mix at work. This is not a fad diet. I’ll have meat today. See what happens. Nice way to start a chapter… with record digits.

Walk to 6-9, 20 minutes. Meal aquarius diner with Sheyna. The usual, vits later.  Walk back, get some HMart goodies. It’s turkey soup season.

Vits @ Home. Prep soup, drink tea. Learn blender.
Maybe another walk to 69? Sun’s out, but chilly. Home work this eve perhaps? Gig tomorrow, 1 day, then off two, then Xmas.

Round II; [BFT] psyched about several things right now.
Meal – lentils, itching to go out, getting dark, but candle run. Another round-trip to 69th st. Candles and new kicks.

Apple & egg w/ whites & scallions, shrooms. Soup’s on and I’m excited about it.

No home work. Worked on scripts and video. Drank much tea. Glad to have apples again. Maybe yogurt tomorrow after work. The weight room may be closed. Act as if it is and come home and work. Don’t know if I can maintain today’s numbers, but I’m on the right track. I’ll eat as normally as possible this week, not the mini-diet/fast , to see what happens. Good day. Tea before bed.


Summary – 12-21-15 Winter arrives, solstice starts. Hard sleep. Invader. AMX, numbers bounce back.

122115 [Monday #187] –   sleep came hard last night as I felt the invader arrive. I could feel that familiar ache in or near my tonsils, left side. I can only wonder if yesterday’s drop was a warning sign. I don’t think there’s a precedent for it, that I’ve noticed.

No matter. I trust the Bod will get the sleep it needs, even if I don’t notice it’s sleeping.

Wake 0400 – AMX run, overhead squats (15 lb. dumbbell) and 16 burpees. One round was all. Chair yoga, stretch and twist. Bod feels weaker than usual. From a high yesterday to below normal today. Not low enough to keep me from the gig. I can do one more day.

Took a gram of Vit C before AMX… may need to utilize this to eliminate the invader.
Tea – feeling better.
Weigh in – 181.4 – 15.7 – 61.7 – 43.8 – back t normal, somewhat disappointed. This is the opposite of the “ab” normal rise in weight. So I’ve been there and I can get back. Today’s digits were once a fatasy,

Bkft – spicy turkey soup. And Iodine (i don’t take it regularly, haven’t gotten in a routine yet.0

Round I: [N] –
Round II: [N] –
Lunch 88% no meat
Round III: [N] –

An invader is present. Bod is doing its job, it’s a skirmish, not a war… not yet. Let’s get this done quickly. Napped a couple of hours.

Round IV: [N] – Home: exercising will probably stimulate my system.. besides, I want tea first.

Light stretches and twists mid/core openers.

Meal – turkey stew 2x tea, apple 4 – 5 g Vit C today.
Basement work.
Throat soreness eased for a while, but maybe basement dust irritated it. I think I made progress.



Summary – Massage day and meet up with Donna Marie; AMX and late home work as well.


122215 [Tuesday #188] –  wake 0730 –ish. Kicked ass against the invader. Felt stronger, more energetic, throat less sore. Morning cup of tea, before AMX.. run, punch, jump, lunges (20 lbs dbs x 20 reps) pushups on blocks (20) front raise 25 lbs plate… 3 rounds.. a little sweat.

Note: I haven’t been taking the supps b/c I haven’t been to the Y> I associate “pre-supps” w/ the Y> I need to change that.

Mild and wet today (the weather that is). Massage and meet-up with Donna. Weigh in and quick breakfast, then out. Will write more tardes.

Round I: [N] –
Weigh in 179 – 15.1 61.1 44.1 comeback, and I’m wondering if just wetting my feet makes more of a difference than a full shower. But then, it wouldn’t effect the weight. Maybe the AMX had influence? Or yesterday’s boost was the abnormality? Oh well, don’t over thing (too late). So I dropped 2.4 lbs in 24 hours? OK moving forward.

BKFT – 2 eggs over medium..
Rainy parkway walk.. pretty cool.
Massage time – good one. Body feels good, no pains. Funny that a rub on my erector spinae triggered a cramp in the opposite foot.

Meal: salmon salad / Donna Marie @ Harvest.
Round II: [N] – yogurt at home (picked up 20 cups at Fresh grocer 40th st)
Round III [NF] –

Home work out – lifts
Legs (squats, dls, roms and upper-upper – snatch, overhead press, combos w/ 30 lbs dbs. Pre-supps and post protein & BCAAs.

Apple – feeling this workout!
Meal – turkey soup.
Booked to SG.

The invader is at bay. May not be defeated yet.
Return to chlorella, prep for Jan race? And Feb travel. Pisces season – be strong & fit and lean.


Summary – 12-23-15: Rough sleep, good numbers, in all day, battling the invader. Evening workout @ la casa.


122315 [Wednesday #189] –  Couldn’t sleep past 0200, so I got up had tea, packed vitamins, took 2g of Vitamin C. coughing and sore throat when swallowing – so the invader got stronger. No fever and no continuous cough… phlegm is coming up. Might get back to sleep at the time I usually wake up.

Back to bed at 0400 and up again at 0930-ish. Wet feet weigh in: 179 – 15.3 – 62 – 44 – backed off, but I’m more convinced these are as legit as they’re gonna get w/ this scale, despite peetox.

The invader launched an offensive. Throat sore again, so warm sea salt water gargling. Time for more tea, bkft and exercise later. Might be a long walk.
Tea –
Round I: [N] – More rain. May have to bus it, or bag it today (the walk). Got to get the work in too. Some more proper yoga perhaps.
Bkft – lentils
Tea-
Round II[S] –
Let’s do some work – exercise that is. Chest & Back? Don’t feel yesterday yet.

Chest, shoulders and upper-upper – fairly continuous and improvisational. Post protein/gainer, yogurt & soup.

Shredding, mid back sore.

Another workout.. back & lats and shrugs. It’s starting to really look like I’m burning fat!!! 3 to 1 here I come. Maybe even break into the 14% BF zone. Oh yeah, stretches and bends too and a handstand hold, short crane/crow holds too. Just informal, but it works.

Despite not going out, and bad sleep I pulled this day out!!! I’m a BOSS!! Ha ha.


Summary – 12-24-15: We’re in a battle for our health. We’re tracking and dealing with an invader to the system. Meanwhile we’re getting good numbers. Coincidence?  Or does the theory of weight/fat loss to do battle seem legit?



122415 [Thursday #190] –  wake – all night coughing, except for bizarre dreams featuring a lot of people in my house, but no X’s. Got up at 0400… AMX was a snooze-stretch combo. If Bod got the proper amount of sleep, it didn’t let me in on it. Back to the gig today.

Tea.
Weigh in Same (see chart).  This is where I want(ed) to be. I can still do better, it’s not 3:1 yet.. but I think I can achieve it. And I haven’t been doing much heavy lifting either.

Gig: Round I: [N] –
Round II: [N] – I think lunch will be apple and yogurt today. That should do.

Made a nuts run to 69, then walked home.
Tea, of course, then chilled/vegged.
Meal – eggs shrooms and scallions
Round III: [N] –
Lift or cardio? Got ankle weights on, walking around. Maybe start with some lunges. Can’t forget them.

HOME WORK –
Random stuff with 2 rounds of 10 lunges w/ 30 lbs dbs. DL (85 lb lbs tri-bar). Bent flies, triceps extensions on the floor.. etc.  pre supps and post.

Tea – late night coughing.  
Yogurt almonds and cashews during the evening.
The invader is getting brave close to bedtime. Coughing is down, but left nostril is blocked. Maybe a hot steamy shower will help.

How will I train tomorrow? Yoga I think.


Summary – Merry Christmas. Proper yoga, this AM, OT at the gig…. 36 minute walk to Mom’s and family gathering for Christmas.



122515 [Friday #191] –   Merry Xmas: woke up in a grog at 0400. Sleep wasn’t as bad as yesterday. Less coughing.

AMX – warm ups and more proper yoga. Two sun sals, hip openers, leg stretch.
Weigh in [chart] – not alarming. Almost expected given lack of dynamic movement exercise. Looked into intermittent fasting (again) no way I’m skipping breakfast. My off-day strategy seems to work. Hearing young boys “brag’ about less than 10% body fat gives me an eye roll, b/c there’s so many other factors involved… but let me not hate, because I am long-term aiming for that myself.

Bkft – turkey stew. I packed my goodies, but I think today’s lunch will be duck! I intend to recreate Thanksgiving; half duck and walk to Mom’s after work.

Gig: Round I: [BFF] – Late battle. I think the apple had influence. I’ve experienced this before.
Lunch: Roast Duck, Sang Kee. Ate ½ of it. Oh yeah, 3 sausage links on the gig. Ate half the trail mix as well. Did well with small eating today.

36 minutes hike to Mom’s. apple when I got there.
I should note the presence of a most likely sinus headache – still at war with the Invader and going as usual (as far as moving through the symptoms go.)

Dinner at Mom’s, mac-n-cheese, sweet potatoes, collards, 2x tea, nuts cheese two dark & stormies.

Round II: [N] –

Nice way to spend Christmas. Home and bed, close to 2300, but I’ll be fine.


Summary 12-26-15: still battling the invader and it’s taking my energy. Small AMX, walk from 69, and strong evening workout at home.

122615 [Saturday #192] –  wake 0400, eye boogies!! Good sign, invader is being expelled1 AMX was brief – some run and hip openers… but too weak from the war.

Tea…

Weigh in same. Finish up the week in decent shape.

This will finish the first week of the Holiday Session. I get out with decent numbers. The true effects of Xmas may not show up until tomorrow – might be a spike. Might get some decent Home Work in today after work. Sun starts moving north again. Longer days. Made it through the void.

BKFT – turkey soup.
Round I: [T] –

Coated around the eye with coconut oil, just in case of pink eye.. no swelling, but..
Round II: [N] –
Lunch – Finished the duck.
Round III: [N] – Can I get myself out in the vest to run/ will it rain/

Off from work to 6-9 pick up more vitamin C. walk back.
Home – nap. Maybe an hour. Tea

HOME WORK – Cardio/Lift rotations
Run-Jack-jump-shadow box
Lunges 30 lbs 10 – 12 reps total
Pushups on blocks 20 reps
Front raises /k-bell and chains – hard 6 – 10 reps
Standing db press (30 lbs) 10 – 16 reps total
4 rounds of this! “You want a piece of me?” this shish was rough. I need more power. Get some!!
Hip stretches.

Tea & meal 2x t-burgers and shrooms and scallions – filling. Duck & turkey today. Much protein. Very few carbs.

Treating the eye as if it’s pink. Who knew you could swab it with ACV? The universal!
Tea..
Write and read before bed. I’ll just allow myself to sleep whenever. 5 days of war.. so far. This war’s been everywhere. 

End of session 14 Part I.


This week ends both the year and the holiday season, so I can get back to work and maybe even start working on some stronger strategies. Overall the year has been great for weight loss, which was mostly fat. This week, however was regressive. Zero days in the gym, although I did lift at home and got 3 days of walking in. For me, there’s no contest between working out at home and at the gym; I have better focus, lift heavier and have a generally better routine. I did restart the Eat Sweat protocol on Friday the first – no challenge – I’ll just do it every day I can, in addition to everything else and see what happens. I’ll have to get more walking in this year and maybe even more running. Walking seems to do the most good when it comes to fat loss. I also have to find a way… or maybe just a discipline… to add more muscle mass (no drugs). I want a mere 3 lbs this year… (an even 5 would be better) – but 3 lbs.  will do. For most of the year I want to be solidly at a 3:1 Muscle to Fat ratio. Originally I wanted to leave the City at 175 lbs, I’ll take 185 under certain conditions – more on them as we move through the year.

Day
Sunday
12-27
Monday
12-28
Tuesday
12-29
Wednesday
12-30
Thursday
12-31
Friday
1-1-16
Saturday
1-2
Ave.
Weight
181.6
181.6
179.8
178.9
181.2
181.2
181.2
180.8
Body Fat %
15.7
15.7
15.4
15.2
15.7
15.7
15.6
15.6
BF wt.
28.51
28.51
27.7
27.2
28.45
28.45
28.27
28.2
H2O %
61.7
61.7
61.9
62
61.7
61.7
61.7
61.8
H2O wt
112.05
112.05
111.3
111
111.8
111.8
111.8
111.73
Muscle mass %
43.8
43.8
43.9
44
43.8
43.8
43.8
43.8
Muscle wt.
79.54
79.54
78.93
78.72
79.37
79.37
79.37
79.2
MM:BF
ratio
2.79
2.79
2.85
2.89
2.79
2.79
2.81
2.81



Summary 12-27-15 – Normal day, lazy AMX, decided to change up the eating at lunch. Less eating out, but this could change when GX sessions start again.



122715 [Sunday #193] –   Wake 0400 and grateful. Seems like a night of violent coughing – but somehow didn’t ruin my sleep. Crazy. Throat is back to normal. The eye is better… just keep the fingers out of it and it will be fine. Probably not pink eye, b/c it didn’t swell up.

Up and AMX – not super dynamic, but did some ball work, squat trans (front & back) ball pushups – that sort and hip openers. More flexible; toe touches this AM> Then tea, chill.

Weigh in . steady, moved away from my goal. Could it be healing? Sick theory takes fat? Not sure but I’ll keep it in the back of my mind.

I feel the need to change up lunch strategies and keep some $$ in my pocket. Lunch doesn’t break me, but I should take responsibility for myself more often during the week.

Lentils for breakfast.
Sunday, right?

Gig: Round I: [BFS] – kind of late.
Round II: [SS] –
Lunch 69% Tootsie’s. kale tuna, feta shrooms.
Yogurt.
Throat hurts from coughing so much. More towards the bottom.

Home: Tea.
Round III: [N] –
HOME WORK – Various, legs, upper chest, overhead squats w/ 12s, 3 x 5, back step-ups, floor press – DL deep to overhead press 40 lbs.. progressive.

Jupiter – pre-supps.
Chilled and read before bed.


Summary – 12-28-15: Yoga for AMX and afternoon/evening workout at home. Kind of miss the gym, but I’ll get back there.



122815 [Monday #194] –   wake 0400… a bit confused, but stronger. Decent sleep. I think the internal forces are mopping up the last of the invader. They must do a thorough lest they regroup. These badboys seem to get stronger despite my ever-increasing knowledge and health and preparedness… maybe the latter is lacking.

AMX – more proper yoga practice w/twists, crescents, chair work, deep squat transitions, hip openers, neck rolls, floor touch, pretty good.

Tea and cashews and almonds.

Weigh in: same – all digits.
Breakfast – lentils.
Gig: Jumped right into the t-mix, nothing going on at work. Symptoms tame. Entered the gig with 3 huge sneezes!!

Round I: [NX] – Lunch time.. Do I need lunch? Got apple and yogurt.
Hmmmm…
Lunch – hot chocolate, apple later, hunger is managed.

Round II: [N] –

How will I train today? Eat sweat? Park? Too cold for the park. Last day of work this week. Maybe home, nap, up late?

1 hour walk to Shop Rite from 6-9 and back home.
Round III: [X-TS]
Meal – Turkey soup. Floor nap.

HOME WORK:
Romanian Series 40 lbs. DLs 2 x 10
Rom-Snatch 8? Rom to Press – 6
Triceps-X standing; 30, 40, 60, lbs db.
Curls 20, 2 sets.
Shoulder laterals 20 lbs 3 x 10
Shrugs 40 lbs. 1 set.
Shadow Box w/ light dumbbells.
Prett good run. Glad I got it done.
Tea – gonna go back to Night ritual. Chlorella, BTW – outer, left eye dry, chapped – coconut oil on it.


Summary – 12-29-15: 12 hours sleep, bad news about a friend. Market hike, with video. Invader seems to be defeated.



122915 [Tuesday #195] –   wow, did I just sleep for 12 hours? I heard the rain and drifted back to sleep. Woke and out of bed at 1000.

Round I: [N] –
Tea and social media. Finding out that a friend (4-17) is fighting breast cancer. She’s a young doc and one of my favorite people.

Anyway… long sleep, headache, tea and short AMX hasn’t helped yet. Probably dehydrated, coconut H2O and shower. Weigh in – bkft and hike to the market. Cloudy – but rain stopped. Feeling sad b/c of Sam, but most .. but.. most I’ve felt for a distant friend in a long time.

Did some pushups. Feel good overall. More tea. Extended fast afternoon, no ‘food’ yet snacked on cashews. Fewer cold symptoms, btw… worth noting.

Round II: [N] – ish
Weigh in- 179.8 15.4, 61.9, 43.9 Long fast, maybe the walk. Good ratio, but no muscle growth, I think I will have to address that at the new Y.

Bkft – omelet, scallions and shrooms, got this omelet thing down I think.

Hike to market and back, at least a mile, maybe 1.5. [video] more tea for sure and yogurt.
Meal – lentils and salmon.
Munching cashews, almond and peanut butter.
More footage – put porch stuff out, including records.

Most of the signs of the invader are gone. A few coughs before bed irritated the lower esophagus, but the eyes, the nostrils and lungs are clear. Good job team. We’ll be ready if this one tries to return. I’ll work on keeping the Immune system strong.

Chlorella before bed. Got iodine today. I need to put that where I can remember. More shopping tomorrow- apples, greens, lentils, maybe more turkey or maybe price lamb.

Goodnight.
I felt your presence today Isabella.


Summary – 12-30-15: amx, another walk, house work and some lifting at home.


123015 [Wednesday #196] –  Wake pre-0800.
Tea –
Round I: [BFT] –
AMX some cardio and front deep squats – pushed the fast to the edge, so AMX was out by the need to eat/fuel.

Weigh in 178.9 – 15.2 – 62 – 44.0%
So probably good walk, good fast, decsent exercise.
Yogurt with chia, scoop of pb.
Meal 3 eggs in coconut oil (3 is too many, 2 is perfect).
Round II: [L] –
Walked to 6-9 more shopping. Stock up day. Push this too. PB/Honey/Cinnamon and BCAA’s after. Rode the train back, still got that walk down the parkway. Third day walking.

Porch work, lifted some weights, p-nuts and apple. I really felt like being outside the last few days, although they were bleak and damp. How to explain this? Dunno. Sometimes the weather drags me down and keeps me in, but not this time and coming off of an event. Back to work tomorrow.

Turkey stew – done.
More yogurt and 2x tea. Some curls.. I should do curls to pump up these guns, I feel like they’re sagging, although I have a decent peak/split that came from – I don’t know where. Worked on a short film for NYs – got some basement work done. I have a plan to bring up shelves and set up a small record/cd “store” on the porch.



Summary – 12-31-15: crunched the year end digits and got some lifting in this eve, then early to bed.

123115 [Thursday #197] –  Wake 0400, proper yoga AMX from the chair, 2 sun salutations, twists & crescents.

Tea –

Weigh in: 181.2 – 15.7 – 61.7 -  43.8 These digits aren’t “good” anymore…. They are orange.
Bkft – lentils & salmon
Gig: Round I: [T-K]

The Yearend Digits:

Average weight 2015: 183.6 lbs.


Ave Fat 16.9% (31lbs)
Ave H2O 60.8% (111.6 lbs)
Ave Muscle 43.2% (79.3 lbs)
Weight Loss: start 188 lbs.
End: 181.2
Loss 6.8 lbs (3.6%)
Body Fat: start 32.9 lbs.
End: 28.45
Loss 4.45 lbs (13.5%)
Muscle wt: start 80.65 lbs.
End: 79.37
Loss 1.28 lbs (1.6%)
H2O wt. start 113.36 lbs.
End: 111.8
Loss 1.56 lbs. (1.4%)
MM:BF Ratio: start 2.45:1
End: 2.79:1
Increase 43%




Round II: [N-F-K]
Lunch – Park’s 61% no meat
Round III: [X] -  combo
Home: 2x tea, prepped and started soup. Added garlic this time & black eyes peas.

Got some lifting done, upper chest and shoulders, trapz and biceps.
No actual dinner, no supps.
Apple, chlorella before bed.

Restart Eat Sweat tomorrow with mind towards shredding for Bajai Escape from Philly Tour. 


Summary – 1-1-16: Got right back into Eat Sweat and it wasn’t that bad. Happy 87th Harry. (Fam time).


10116 [Friday #198] –  HAPPY NEW YEAR!! – wake 0400 – Eat Sweat returns. Run, burpees (15), jacks, deep squats, pushups, jump rope, shadow box…3 rounds, crunches, hip openers. This was brutal, but I made it through. Small sweat… it won’t take me that long to get back to this. Yoga may have to move to evenings.

Tea –
Weigh in: The same. Same start as finish. Makes it easy.
Bkft: Turkey stew – zingy.

Round I: [T] –
Round II: [N] – finish the t-mix. Hunger at bay.
Lunch – Home made turkey soup. Quiet day. Party this eve. Food. Stay in control.
Round III: [N] –

Happy Birthday Harry, 87th. – chips salsa, collards and turkey. Some fun with the kids.
Home, tea bed…  (I should maybe drink something else before bed.)





Summary – 3 Rounds of Eat Sweat, Workout at the new YMCA fitness room. Good leg press.

10216 [Saturday #199] –  0400 Wake up. Colder today. There’s a mix of dread and excitement for Eat sweat. I know I have to push harder this year, tweak the routine to knock of these 6 lbs and build muscle, so GET AT IT!!

3 rounds; run, burpees (16), jacks, deep squats (16), rope, pushups, shadow box. 30 minutes, then hip openers, tea.
Weigh in… still orange.
Bkft: Guac, tomatoes & cheese.

I wonder if I take the pre-supps first thing, before AMX, will it make a significant difference? Got to remember.

GIG: Round I [N] –
Round II: [X-K] –
Lunch 7-11 salad, third rate & Hot chocolate. Jupiter.
Round III: [N-ish]-
SEPTA drama so I took an alternate route to the Y, got a walk in from 42 to the spot. Almost bagged it, but glad I didn’t. First workout at the new Y.

Pre-supps.
Leg press worked up to 450, easy, but won’t be able to put much more on.

Deadlift, with proper form from 135, 2 sets of 5 to 225, 2 sets of 3. I won’t get much DL done.
Front raise 45 lb plate 2 x 10.
Handstand pushups – 2 sets.
I’m gonna make this work. May need more time at TU.
Post protein & BCAA’s and Brewer’s yeast.

North 3rd w/ the Llama, first hang of the NY. Salmon and salad, 2x iced tea.
Home – hot tea.
Eyes look heavy in the video… later to bed tonight, but hit the chlorella and coconut oil.

End of Session 14

No comments:

Post a Comment