Monday, November 23, 2015

Session XI: 110815 – 112115

Comin' to git'cha!!!


Survival Protocol
Chapter II: Autumn - 92715 - 121915



Session XI:   110815 – 112115
 
Once again this week the numbers were flat… as in plateau or we can look at it at maintaining… but towards the end of the week they were on the move again. Body weight dropped two pounds, (which, much to my chagrin included muscle weight). But fat weight dropped as well. At the end of the week however the averages were the same as last week. If this trend continues, the end of next week should yield some significant results.  

Day
Sunday
11-8
Monday
11-9
Tuesday
11-10
Wednesday
11-11
Thursday
11-12
Friday
11-13
Saturday
11-14
Ave.
Weight
183.4
183.4
183.4
183.4
183.4
182.6
181.4
183
Body Fat %
16.2
16.2
16.2
16.3
16.2
15.9
15.6
16.1
BF wt.
29.71
29.71
29.71
29.89
29.71
29.03
28.3
29.5
H2O %
61.3
61.3
61.3
61.2
61.3
61.5
61.7
61.4
H2O wt
112.42
112.42
112.42
112.24
112.42
112.3
111.9
112.4
Muscle mass %
43.5
43.5
43.5
43.5
43.5
43.7
43.8
43.6
Muscle wt.
79.78
79.78
79.78
79.78
79.78
79.8
79.45
79.8
MM:BF
ratio
2.69
2.69
2.69
2.67
2.69
2.75
2.81
2.7







Summary 11-8-15: Travel Day, back to Philly. And day 2 of morning Yoga. Start Session XI


110815 [Sunday #143] – Maplewood, 1000-ish. Second wake up. Not so bizarre dream with Izzi, Mr. Honey and Scott from the Seabees. Some Chinese guy named Dave at work brings his wife to the job. They don’t speak English… but somehow he got hired. It’s raining, I meet Izzi (unplanned) in the city. We’re friendly and casual. I ask if she’s okay (seems there’s something in her eye). I ask if she’s going back to campus. She disappears into the 7-11… on to more stuff.

Day 2… yoga – 30 – ish minutes.
Just a flashback from 2005.

Round I: [N] –
Bkft: Sloppy joe, beans and rice (from last night).
Meal – Omelet – Coda, Maplewood. Good stuff & breakfast potatoes . this weekend will add weight, but the break will do me good. Get stronger. Much needed escape.

Round II: [T] – not as lively as usual. Travelling to Philly today. Things get back to normal in a few days. Headed towards Thanksgiving. Social time as opposed to gym time, but got weights @ home. Up-up.


Summary 11-9-15 – AMX Yoga continues. Weight & all numbers remain the same. Functional Fitness at the YMCA. 


110915 [Monday #144] – Wake, Philly 0800 – AMX Yoga & stretching. Sun sals w/ modifications. Day 3.

Tea – the bod is sore… but that kind of improvement soreness.
Round I: [NK] –
Weigh in  183.4 – 16.2 – 61.3 – 43.5 -  no change since 110615. So, no need for complicated formulas.
I’m a day into Session XI… I’m wondering if this could turn into a video upload. Hard to train and film though, but I have file footage…

Bkft: Turkey soup. Time to make more.
Round II: [NK] –

Walk to market and back 1:08:00. Some hairy moments when the breath got short and HR rose… mostly up hills. To be expected, but somewhat concerned.

Round III: [D] – Chlorella… recovery ensues. Should have a shake & BCAA’s after this workout.

Protein/gainer shake w/ egg and peanut butter, & BCAA’s… now what? Chill. Functional Fitness at the Y today.

Round IV: [N] – more.. drop in energy. Body adapting after walk.
Yogurt w/ chia.
Apple & pre-supps –

Round V – [TL] – before class.
Jump rope and balance on yoga blocks.
YGX – below average performance from me. Felt weak, like the Bod is recuperating. Most likely from the mélange of rarely consumed food and drink.
Seaweed… 2x tea, before bed. This week; goat soup on the crock pot. I really feel the gut had to rebuild itself after the weekend. It was feeling kind of bad. There was no sense in eating “dinner”. Some t-mix, peanut butter and H2O, but not enough. Should be okay for the gig and TUGX tomorrow.

Fair day. Got things done – continue Yoga tomorrow. [It may not be very tough to get 30 days, but don’t get cocky.]



Summary 11-10 -15 – Morning Yoga, CSX at TU, Aqua Box and home chillin’


111015 [Tuesday #145] – woke before the alarm and just waited. Up at 0400… amX = yoga, sun salutations with modifications, neck rolls, body twists, leg stretches. Feeling much better than yesterday. No belly ache.

Tea after yoga – will save the BCAA’s for afternoon or eve lifting.

Weigh in – same across the board despite the walk and the GX yesterday + 5 rounds, but okay. Nice to be asked if I’ve lost weight when I’ve gained. Testimonial for “The beach” yesterday (YMCA) too. Nice.

Bkft: Goat stew. Yum. Spicy!
The weekend may have allowed a predator to emerge. Sneezing and stuffy nose. Time to keep vitamin c with me.

Gig: Round I: [N] –
Round II: [N] –
Park’s lunch 103% - turkey, salmon, mushrooms, broc, greens, avo.
Round III: [N] – TUGX – next.
Round IV: [T-N] – TU; pre-class, jump rope and plange practice (footage).
Good class – adequate participation. Peaceful aqua. 2x cheese stick. Most of a banana between classes… can’t believe I couldn’t finish it.

Home: Bowl of soup @ home, 1 spoon. 2x tea.. probably boredom drinks.
Look into practicing intermittent fasting. I can go 6-8 hours w/o food maybe 2, 1200 calorie meals? Don’t know – biggest fast is on off days when I sleep in. May keep this going, but remain more cognizant of it. Explains a lot. Still I train after a 5-6 hour sleep fast. I’ll work it out (and report on it.)

G’nite.. oh, ritual stuff… Chlorella and ACV – need more of the latter.


Summary 11-11-15: Veteran’s Day – Morning Yoga, willed myself to the YMCA – first day back in a while – Dead lifts to start off with. You can call it a comeback.


111115 [Wednesday #146] – Synchronous wake up with the alarm… No snoozes on work days. AMX = Yoga… close to an hour. Sun salutations w/ modifications, [can’t seem to make it past two]; head rolls, trunk twists and leg stretches. No balancing yet. Long (6 – 10) breaths on planks and down dog.

Coconut H2O first thing, then the yoga. Tea after.

Weigh in – same, fat up .1% H2O down. MM stays the same – ratio down. Interesting observation; there is about 72 – 73 lbs of weight that’s not fat or muscle and it’s been consistent this year, at least. Probably bone, since H2O is in everything, including bone. Something to keep in mind should bone loss become an issue… or density seems to decline. Data is good.

Trying to extend the fast until lunch. Although I have the usual eat. I probably eat here out of boredom. Since I’m doing yoga mornings it’s probably not overdoing it to add pushups.

Round I: [N-K]  -
Round II: [N] –
*Had to renumber my days again…. Geeze. From back in September.

Park’s, lunch 91% - chicken, turkey, salmon, etc. avo and greens and tomatoes.
Round III: [N] –
Ate seaweed before lunch, half a banana after and a couple of handfuls of trail mix and my belly hurt for a while.

Willed myself to the Y… no excuses. Meditated on the way. 

Pre-supps:
Proper dead lifts. Started with 140 lbs, ended with 350 (doing single lifts) with the wraps. Yup, I sacrificed some strength/power during the break. But it’s just another comeback.

Barbell shrugs followed, 225 (discovered what I thought was a 50 lb bar is 45 lbs.. ugh!) a set of ten felt really strong, I was shrugging higher and more powerfully than usual. Took it up to 250-ish… got 8 to 10 reps each round.

Worked on some upper-upper with plate front raises (35 & 45 lbs) and standing rows with 50 lbs then 70lbs.

Post BCAA’s…

I think the rest of the month will be full body and core strength work. Front squats, over back squats; squat to press, 3 point row, front raise squats.


Walked to the 4-2 bus after. My slow cardio now… perhaps a protein/gainer/creatine shake after. *I’ve fallen off the creatine – so maybe… nah… don’t speculate. If it’s out of the body a re-introduction might bring significant results.

Let’s get the Y-mindset on tomorrow.

Home – shake (last of the vanilla) gainer/protein/creatine.
Tea. Bowl of goat soup, one spoonful seems to be enough. Before 2000 so expect a (food) fast of 8 – 10 hours. Will probably have another tea.

Don’t know if I’ll get any stretching done tonight. Need to add lunges to my Y-visits. Chris (COO) is excited about the new look expected at the Y. it’s contagious. We (they) will have TRX there. Official… no more hanging my own straps up on the cable machines… ha ha.

Laundry night and chores… dishes. Some almonds and second tea. Chlorella. Toe-business. G’nite. Time for more ACV. Maybe w/ mother this time.






Summary 11-12-15: Morning yoga and Day 2 or the YMCA comeback… and what Lil Italy needs to hear, but won’t listen to. Just some extra thoughts.


111215 [Thursday #147] – wake o400. Good sleep. AMX – Yoga. Another day and less sore than yesterday. The soreness from yesterday’s work may come after noon. Oh yeah, yoga was about 50 minutes. I can stretch it out to a full hour or more on off days.

Sleep fast lasted about 10 hours.

Weigh in – same. I wonder if this will be a pattern. Gain a pound a week and maintain it for a week. I didn’t see a drop this week… yet.

Bkft: Turkey soup.

Gig: Round I: [N] – hungry despite big breakfast. Going for yogurt 0800.
Round II: [N] – back to munching, trail mix.

Lunch – park’s 98% - chicken, turkey, salmon, avo, greens.

Round III: [SS] – okay.
To the Y.. squat press, lunges, chest.

Day 2 of return to the Y…
Actually did dips & wide pull ups. Those will make me strong, just don’t get injured.

I think I’m going to craft some new option workouts which will include daily squats and/or deadlift work. Heavy, Moderate or Light. But let’s get to today.

Y-Work:
SCP (Squat-curl-press): 20 lbs. 2 x 5; 25 lbs 2 x 6; 30 lbs 2 x 5. –Inner elbows sore on these… it’s the curls.

Lunges: 20 lbs 4 x 10 total. I tell myself I like these. I need to work up to more.

Bench Press: 140 lbs 2 x 6 – Those warm up sets are worth it. I held my body differently, possibly due to stronger core… or more conscious intention. Who knows?
150 lbs x 6: 160 lbs x 6; 170 lbs 2 x 3. Felt more stable, but not putting up as much weight.

Dips: 4 sets of 5 – do more of these.
Wide grip pull-ups – 4 sets of 5 – do more of these too.
Worked on planges, fail.. couldn’t get those legs to stay up.
Planks – different types of planks.
About 90 minutes.. Rode Home
Pre-supps and post BCAA’s Shake at home.

A Message… “What you really want is permission to fail or quit. Well, you’re not going to get it from me. I may not know anything about depression – but I know about being a warrior. You want to be a warrior? Start thinking like one… then you’ll start acting like one. That’s when change will come.”

Practiced some low pistol holds. I’ve lost the ability to hold this, but had some encouragement. I need 20 lbs to balance me for a (very) short while. But I still fall back. more practice.

Chlorella before bed.


Summary 11-13-15 – Just to mention that hell broke loose in the world today and at the job. But I was okay. Made it to the Y, but wasn’t very enthusiastic. Got it done though.



111315 [Friday #148] – 0400 wake.. AM Yoga.. started on the floor today. Always neck rolls and neck flex. I could feel the muscle soreness… I think… Today anyway. AM yoga nd PM weight training is a good combo. – Tea.

Weigh in – As I was noting the absence of a weekly drop, it arrived today… and the other digits fell into alignment.. Still looking for a reason so I can replicate.. but it escapes me. Stay consistent.

Bkft: Goat stew.
Quick walk – sprint to the train. Strong up the steps.

Round I: [N] – Apple & trail mix.
Round II: [BFF-K] – Whoa!
Lunch – Park’s 94%.. fish and fowl, toms, avos, greens, slaw&cabbage – not very hungry. Lunch can sit for 30 – 60 minutes.

Ahhh – Y Today.
Romanian deadlifts, moderate: Up-up work. Bent rows – upper back, shrugs.. can probably get some kind of shrugs in daily.

Round III: (Gig) – round IV: (YMCA) – Nothing special.

YMCA – props for coming today. I was slow… Got the Romanians done 9135 lbs 5 sets of 7) and a whole bunch of calf raises.. some on the smith (weighted), some on the bench supports w/ 25 lbs. even after 40 minutes, no energy came. So I wrapped it up. Walked home – had a gainer/protein/creatine shake (BCAA’s at the Y) a cup of tea.. did some home-gym pass-out while listening to the occasionally nutty, yet wise Dick Gregory. Now is the time to hit some neglected chores.

I can finish up at the Y tomorrow. Got to be there anyway. Yoga in the AM too. I think today may be Yoga day 7…

The Bod is sore and tight in the abs… lower abs. No psoas this time. Probably from the deep squat work. That has a tendency to tome those lower muscles. Good. However I’ve been in the ring with Jupiter.. just dancing around and not mixing anything up.

Round V: [T] – Late.
Chlorella before bed.

Lower abs eased. Maybe it was something I ate… or could it be the muscle squeeze? Don’t fret – day off tomorrow… more walking… maybe some front squats and bent rows.




Summary 11-14-15 : Long sleep, long walk. Personal training client @ the Y. Big drop in weight and 2.81:1 ratio, tied for a personal record.



111415 [Saturday #149] – Wake 0800.. Long sleep, maybe too long. Skipped two alarms.

AM Yoga – kind of tight this morning, got an hour in. Lots of neck work. Tea, weigh in.. major drop, or return (if so, it’s overdue).

I’m convinced of the walking and sleeping. Walking probably has to be more than 30 minutes for me, or possibly combined with lifting. Still working on the proper combination.

Walk to the Y… Happy with the 2.81:1 ratio… but can it be sustainable. I think this is the last day of this session (it’s not.)

Training with Joe at the Y. (11:20-12:20p)

Meal - Aquarius diner.. usual (2 eggs, sausage, tomatoes 2x tea) walk home from 6-9.

Trapz sore.. sunny day, but feeling a little worn.. probably 3 – 3.5 miles walking. Need to do this much more, but need a destination.

Round I: [N] – Hungry again already. Finish up the goat stew from breakfast (did I mention I ate breakfast? Guess not.)

Sundown and wondering if there was a second round? 2nd cup of tea.. cashews, pistachios and almonds to sustain me. Don’t need too many calories today. Got ironing to do. Feel like I should be doing something. Shakedown? Doubtful. Don’t feel like going out into the unknown. Maybe I’m becoming more antisocial? Or more intimately social.

There’s still time to work out. Maybe arms and shoulders?? Some upper-upper?

Round II: [N] –

Meal – guacamole, toms, cilantro, arugula.
Meal – yogurt w/ blueberries.
More tea.

End of Session XI – Part One



After a bit of a shocker early in the week, the numbers leveled off and started to move in more favorable directions. It’s our goal (and desire) to have fat and muscle weight move in opposite directions. We’ve seen fat weight/% drop; whereas we also see muscle weight drop, yet the % increases… slowly. This is just something we have to deal with, until we stumble upon the solution. For 85% of the week our fat % was less than 16 and we managed to eek our first weekly average fat weight of less than 29 lbs. It’s a psychological victory, hard fought and as we head into Thanksgiving next week; opening the door to eating season, less light and colder temperatures, burning fat could get even more difficult. Overall, it was a pretty good week for the numbers, activity seems to be a different story. Details follow.

Day
Sunday
11-15
Monday
11-16
Tuesday
11-17
Wednesday
11-18
Thursday
11-19
Friday
11-20
Saturday
11-21
Ave.
Weight
181.4
181.4
183.8
182.6
182.6
182.6
181.2
182.2
Body Fat %
15.8
15.8
16.3
15.9
15.9
15.8
15.7
15.9
BF wt.
28.66
28.66
29.96
29.03
29.03
28.85
28.45
28.96
H2O %
61.6
61.6
61.2
61.5
61.5
61.6
61.7
61.5
H2O wt
111.74
111.74
112.48
112.3
112.3
112.48
111.8
112
Muscle mass %
43.7
43.7
43.5
43.7
43.7
43.7
43.8
43.7
Muscle wt.
79.27
79.27
79.95
79.8
79.8
79.8
79.37
79.62
MM:BF
ratio
2.77
2.77
2.67
2.75
2.75
2.77
2.79
2.75



Summary 11-15-15 Long walk, ingesting too much propaganda. Morning yoga and evening light lifting for the upper Bod.

111515 [Sunday #150] – wake 0730-ish.

I don’t know what it’s like not to be sore – there’s always some part of the body that’s “adapting,” healing, repairing, getting stronger… The rest of the day remains up in the air. I have no plans beyond the morning yoga. Let the day unfold as it will. I might have to declare a social media holiday today.

Round I: [N] – tea…
AM Yoga – about 60+ minutes.
Weigh in… More fat, despite walk.. no work out per se (yesterday) per se.
Meal – spicy potatoes & egg in coconut oil.  Tea.
Round II: [BFF] again.  Feel empty!
Meal – Goat stew.

Walk to university city. Meal, lamb flatbread w/ lemonade. Of course I walked back (the longer way). 60 minutes total at least. Lift at home? Lamb pizza = Jupiter.

Made it home. Out for 2.5 hours, got probably 60 – 90 minutes walking. I started to feel in in my calves.

Home – apple, various almonds and cashews and pistachios – a bit of goat stew.

Spent too much time absorbed in propaganda from various sources. I need to keep my mouth shut. Discussion does nothing to benefit me. The planet seems to be wondering if WWIII is coming.. Interesting times.

Home –work: (pre-supps); upper body, chest, shoulders, trapz, biceps & triceps. I won’t remember what I did in a year or two, and I don’t feel like writing it out. Didn’t time it. Still feeling lax with this workout thing. Maybe the new EQ at the Y will be like going to a new place. Maybe I need some newness in my life.

Goat stew and tea.

Probably nod after this. Stay strong.


Summary 11-16-15: Morning Yoga – YMCA lifting and Functional Fitness. This day moved quickly.  

111615 [Monday #151] – eyes open, maybe an hour before the alarm. Just laid there and imagined. Was strong @ 0400. AM Yoga. The Bod wasn’t sore today so not a lot of neck rolls needed. Three sun salutations… straight with no modifications. About 40 – 45 minutes. Then tea.

Round I: [N] –
Weight and all digits the same as yesterday. Walk, work and food seem to have no effect. Body has changed.. I can feel it in the Brooklyn shirt.

Bkft: stir fry – potatoes, toms, shrooms, arugula, cheese, spicy!!!

Gig: Good walk to the station. Still feeling strong, until I got in… Then, energy drop.

Apple.. right foot seems to be adapting to yoga stretching, feels different when I walk.

Sniffles & sneezing 4 g Vitamin C… Cleared it right up.

Round II: [N-K]
Round III: [N-K]

Lunch – Park’s 97% - fish & fowl, etc.

13:45 – The day went fast. I thought it would this morning. (I wonder if I can control this, via perception.)

YMCA after the gig: plan… pre-class work, if I can swing it… the kids and all. Front squat priority, (BTW, nose clear. Vitamin C boost!) Maybe, that’s why I keep’em.

Apple, t-mix, yogurt.

YMCA
Pre-supps…
Round IV: [N]
Just two exercises; front squats, from 115 – 175, mostly 5s on the warm up sets and ones on the heaviest.

Incline bench press. Start 115 – finish, 135 3 & 2… and thinking I used to start here.

Got a couple of good strong handstands, and one half a pushup. (on the wall). Jump rope and planges on dumbbells (3 pt.) before class.
Functional Fitness – good class, felt energized.
BCAA’s after class.. seaweed. Ride home.
Tea.  No dinner… much tea and nuts, and peanut butter scoops.
Maybe chlorella before bed.


Summary 11-17-15: Typical Tuesday: AM Yoga, Cardio sculpt extreme, Aqua Box after the gig then early to bed. Numbers in the red today. I should note especially good days for reference.


111715 [Tuesday #152] –wake 0400 as usual. Don’t think about snoozes anymore, but could’ve used one today. AM –Yoga from the floor and just one sun sal. Still feeling the effects from yesterday. It wasn’t a strong get up.

Tea.
And the #’s reflect it. Most likely due to not eating/fueling after the Y. Call it a lesson… Numbers are in the red. Which has recently been established as less than 2.7:1 ratio… and/or fat weight approaching 30 lbs. (haven’t been at 30 lbs fat weight since Oct. 18… 31 days under 30, hope I didn’t just jinx myself.) It’s just temporary, I hope.

Mindwave lecture on Youtube, this morning.. Joe Dispenza… reinforcing how I’ve been living most of this century, and what I’ve been doing… and what I want to do more consciously.

Vision wall to vision book!! This book (blog) helps too.

Ideally, if I can manage it.. when I can manage it.
Morning Yoga.
Afternoon weight training.
Post lifting walk, 30 minutes or more.
And more sleep… 7 – 8 hours. If I get a steady 7.5, I wouldn’t need to ‘catch up’ on days off. Work in a steady eating and supplement schedule too. This would be a nice, sustainable lifestyle. 2100- 0400 sleep? I may have been a bit later (to bed) yesterday.

Bkft: eggs, stir fry – shrooms, toms, scallions & cilantro, red pepper. Left knee lagging on the walk. Maybe the psychedelic shoes??

Gig: Round I: [BFF-T] –
Need to eat again. Apple first.

Round II: [SS-K] –
Lunch – Park’s 100% + ACV w/ Mother ($4.49).

DOMS – happening in the glutes from deep front squats. Yeah!  I should do these once a week… and deadlifts at least once a week.

Round III: [L] –

Temple – pre-supps, jump rope, plange practice. Vitamin C, 4g for runny nose.
Good class, felt kind of tired at first, but came through.
Banana after.
Aqua – easy. One person.
Home – shake w/ creatine, protein, gainer, cayenne.
Tea – Early to bed. That is all.



Summary 11-18-15 – Morning yoga, long walk with a heavy backpack.


111815 [Wednesday #153] – wake up energized – officially 0400 – but was awake slightly(?) before that. Good sleep, no music and in bed early. Typical Tuesday night, tired.

AM Yoga, energetic, two sun sals with balance (crescents), leg and glute stretch, twists, neck rolls – very little soreness – what exists is in the low left back.

Weigh in – good results –o ff the spike – out of the red. I’d attribute it to activity and sleep. Regeneration. No reason to be up post 2100 on work nights.

Bkft: Goat stew 2 bowls, 1 pot.

Good trot to the train station. Strong up the steps. Cloudy vision at the gig. Better start those eyes exercises (could be the coconut oil on my face.0

Round I: [N-T] – 2.5g Vitamin C. Burning grease at the gig is having an effect. 5g Vit C total. (Knocked out the runny nose.) Placebo effect? If so I’ll take it.

Round II: - [SS-K]
Round II: [SS-K] –
Lunch: Park’s 85% turkey & veggies.
Round IV: [L] –
Post work – 3 mile walk, 7th st to 37th st.
Home on the bus… what a trip.. now what?
2x tea.

T-burger and guac & toms.
Plange practice – not strong.
Peanut butter and cashews and pistachios.
Screen tests (video)
Got a rush when Xave landed. Might be up a smidge later tonight.
Gig and massage tomorrow. Don’t forget the dough.
G’nite.


Summary 11-19-15 – AM Yoga, massage day and some revelations.


111915 [Thursday #154] – Wake up, slight headache. Dreams of being in a burning house; playing basketball w/ kids, using a cubish medicine ball; one dream escapes me, but might come back. (It never did.)

AM Yoga – from the floor and darn near in my sleep. Lots of stretching neck and back opening, one sun sal, just for the sake of it. Looks like rain today so maybe the body’s reacting to the weather.

Massage day… need it.

Round I: [N] – and forgettable.

Thinking 121515 – 121616…
Oh yeah, weigh in: everything is the same. I was expecting the same or better. 3 or 4 components were in place; walk; eat; sleep… but no lifting.

I’ve noticed on work days most of my eating happens between 0600 and 1200. I eat fairly steadily for 6 hours. After that I can take it or leave it. I’ll eatbecause I think I have to, not because I’m hungry. A protein shake might replace dinner at times. I do have 2 – 3 cups of tea after eating hours though… with raw sugar.

Round II: [N] –
Lunch – Park’s 95% salmon & chicken, shrooms.

Round III: [N] – why does my belly hurt??

I am a medium.

Work eats 1 – apple; 2 – trail mix; 3 – yogurt. (This seems to be a good combination).

Massage Day: actually felt  that my back was more defined. Less fat between the muscles and Keanne’s fingers. She noted erecter spinae were more toned. Deeper crevasse up the spine. I have to take her word for that, but I could feel it. Maybe time for more pix.

Right side trapz to shoulder was tight this time around. Yoga and plange practice is making a difference and up-up training. Need more core power though. Psoas is stronger, can’t remember the last time I complained about that.
Keanne also noted I was more balance (proportioned) now. Good progress… Five years of massages with her.
Rainy night, no need to be up late. Will try to sleep and rise early; yoga, then heavy lifts at the Y. dead lift day and lunges for sure. Maybe some light chest declines maybe. Something to balance me out.
Home; 2x tea, peanut butter, blueberries. H2O, ACV-M, chlorella; “journaling” and meditate myself to sleep w/ music tonight.

Ciao.


Summary 11-20-15 – AM Yoga, heavy lifting, good walking distance, and Rhapsody’s birthday celebration. Just two Dark & Stormies.



112015 [Friday #155] – Long sleep. Day off, as usual. I ignored two alarms, because there was no reason to get up that early. Just as there is no reason to be up post 2100. Ok, up at 0630 – ish. ACV-M and agua.

AM Yoga – 3 sun salutations. I may have been doing them out of sequence, so I switched up the first two today. I like my way – but I’d best practice the “right” was in case I have to teach it. Just about an hour of yoga. Time seems to move differently during yoga, this might be one of the points. Added crescents and I actually started from the chair, which I found helpful.

Weigh in – 182.6 – same weight; 15.8% BF; 61.6 H2O; 43.7 MM. I was expecting better #’s, but considering no workout yesterday, these were pretty good.

Hit the Y today – before noon is best, and walk somewhere. Maybe to shop rite? Restock. Maybe catch the X-Man.

Oh yeah – just because, I popped off 50 pushups. Might have to include them daily, see if I can get back to 100. Might be a good goal for winter chapter… with the vest.

Round I: [BFTs] – dayum. Took so much energy out of me, I had to eat again. Yogurt 7 bloobs time.
5g Vitamin C due to runny nose. 20 mins walk to the trolley.
Round II: [BFTs] – Chlorella? Vit C, or apple?

YMCA- work… pre-supps

10 minutes bike warm up. Hard 7 slow 50 rpm, level 18.

Dead lifts: warm up phase, no wraps, weak grip.

135 x 6; 185 x 6; 225 x 6; 275 x 5;

Moderate Phase; No wraps strong grip.
305 x 2; 325 x 1;

Heavy phase. Single lifts with wraps, strong grip.
355 x 1; 375 x 1:

Long breaks felt weak, but wanted to get at least twice my weight.

Lunges – BB on back: no plates 2 x 20 total.
55 lbs 2 x 20 tot. Good and got better as I went along. Don’t be greedy. No issues with psoas or knees. Add more weight next time.

Standing calf raises w/ 55 lbs barbell. Reps: 10 +12 + 15. Pretty good. Need more stability. Only recently realized I good raise straight up and maintain balance. That’s progress.

Shrugs (barbell) w/ wraps. Heavy
225 x 12; 275 x 10; 300 x 8; 300 x 8; 330 x 5 + 6.
Good, solid, deep. Felt on the sies. This is a good sequence. Strong bottom to top.

Post protein & BCAA’s… 75 minutes.


Round III: [D-P] – could be a new or continuing invasion. Runny nose and two big sneezes. I keep vitamin C with me these days. Might be worth it to keep D3 with me as well.

Walk home 40 minutes.

Apple 14:35 Maybe a nap?  Maybe a bigger meal first.
Upper/center back and sides of neck feeling worked and tight. Many neck rolls ahead.

Round IV: [D-P].

Tea – t-mix. No big meal yet. Should have one before I go out.
T-burger, egg meal.
Claw hand? Left.. what’s that about?

Happy Hour, for Rhapsody, 2x dark & stormies. Spread out. No food. Chorella, good night, slightly buzzed. Had a nice time.



Summary 11-21-15: AM Yoga, long walk to the Y, hard workout at the Y… art gallery… Keanne & Chloe.


112115 [Saturday #156] – wake 0630 – ish, headachy.. it’s the rum. Just slight… dehydration. So, coconut H2O before the AM yoga. Started in the chair, 2 sun sals. Lot’s of neck work. Got the full hour including savasana.

2x tea. ACV-M before the tea.

30 pushups, feet spread wide. Did some swiss ball work. Maybe the ball should play a big part in December.

I’ll only be at TU for 2 weeks in December, so I can catch up on lifting. Start my countdown book 12-15-15.

Round I: [BFT]
Weigh in – 181.2 – 15.7 – 61.7 – 43.8: Good stuff… was rethinking yesterday… sleep, protein (fuel), walk (cardio); lift. Maybe I can keep the same model today. Good way to end the season.

Most of this week I’ve had apples. Time for more. I think the apples have been beneficial.

Bkft – goat stew – dome, time for turkey. Yogurt and blobs. Then a short nod.
Walk to the Y.. winded 40 – 42 minutes.

YMCA – pre-supps.
Round II: [N]
The work – this was a row-shrug day. Got some bent flies and bench shrugs. But overall light and weak and unorganized. Left side sore, lower lar-dor. No regrets though. Lessons learned.

Take the trolley – maybe wait longer after an evening of drinking. I’m sure I’ll think of more. Bod looks good though. Buzzed some wool off yesterday.

Now is time to wander. Post protein & BCAAs (done).

Round III: [SF]

Meal – Aquarius Diner the usual. I’ve been coming here once a week… I may have skipped a couple… but I see the same characters in here every time. I guess it’s kind of like Cheers. I came in today wondering if I’m turning into one of these characters.

Can’r wait to start my countdown book.

Art Show & meal… masala chicken. (Keanne & Chloe).

Home: Good walks today. Good socializing. Tea. Dry pineapple and scoops of peanut butter. Thought about ball work, but started feeling today’s workout.

Gig tomorrow – ACV-M shot, oh, better get my chlorella before early bed time.

Oh, more from the work today:

SCP 20 lbs, 3 sets (5,6,8), but inside bows hurt… so I added some wrist curls/work. Need more of that therapy, probably bands. Bent row – good form, bent flies – 30 lbs… good strength, but little energy.
Good night… ZZZZZZ

End of session 11

No comments:

Post a Comment