Monday, December 7, 2015

Session XII: 112215 – 120515

Everyone needs a protector every now and then.




 Survival Protocol
Chapter II: Autumn    92715 - 121915


 Session XII:  112215 – 120515


It’s Session Twelve already and we’re heading into Turkey Day this week; figures, after a week of very good, near record numbers and surprisingly little exercise.


I revisited a Youtube lecture by Dr. Robert Baron (UCSF) on obesity and the benefits of exercise. Despite playing an important role, exercise is downplayed when compared to nutrition, aka eating/fueling the body. As much as I love to exercise, I have to agree.

In my early years of working out, I was under the impression that all I would need to do was lift weights and that would sculpt my body into what I wanted it to be. Starting at 225 lbs., my main goal was to be able to bench press my own weight. In 3 to 5 years I was bench pressing 225, and I weighed close to 200 lbs. For me this was proof that lifting heavy weights could help you (or, me) lose weight. I didn’t change my eating much, so while I was a lot stronger, I was also bulky – by which I mean I had a lot of fat between my muscles and my skin.

During the last eight years, since becoming a group fitness instructor on a regular basis, I’ve trimmed downed and leaned out. I’ve had to embrace the axiom that “nutrition (eating) is 85%” of, let’s say… the battle. When I changed both my eating habits and the way I exercise, I began seeing results; results in the thickness of my muscles and the leanness of my fat.

Education is a constant for me; I read reports and articles, watch lectures and talk to people. Like most people there’s a cognitive dissonance when it comes to information that I don’t want to hear and/or believe – strategies I don’t want to put into practice. In (over)do course however, I decide to give these well known “secrets” a try and find that they actually work. My cynical nature needs its own proof. And with this in mind, there are four factors that have worked for me in moving towards my goal. 

1.       Exercise – not simply weight lifting, which I love the most, but body weight training, cardio/aerobics, yoga, calisthenics.
2.      Nutrition – Yes… food. I have not only changed the way I eat and what I eat, but the way I cook as well. The biggest change I made this year was cutting out wheat, next would be stews and soups. I get a lot of use out of my crock-pot.
3.      Walking – or slow cardio. This past May I came within just over a pound of my 175 body weigh goal and I couldn’t figure out how I did it. To make a long story short, I realized it was long walks. Recently I started adding walks to my repertoire and I noticed (by the measure of the scale) that fat-weight drops. Body and muscle weight drops as well, but fat weight drops faster.
4.      Finally – sleep. I noticed on my weight charts that once a week I’d have a major weight drop. Why? I didn’t get up as early. Since I didn’t have to work I didn’t have to eat as early and I’d usually walk and lift on those days. Yeah, I know – I knew this too, I just didn’t put it into practice, until a couple of weeks ago. Realizing that there’s no reason for me to be up very late at all, I’ve been getting more sleep/rest. 

And these… at this point, are my Four Horsemen of my Body Fat apocalypse.
Now, as we move into Holiday season, followed by winter. The challenge will be even greater. I may have to use a treadmill here and there. Maybe I’ll jog a little bit, (by the way – walking works better than running. More on this later, maybe.)

So that’s it. My intro for Session XII. We’re starting out on a good note anyway. I still want to get this weight below 180… and as of this writing, I’m knocking on the door… perhaps I should kick it in.



The numbers continued to do well this week – not even to mention it was Thanksgiving week and on that day the weight hit just over 180! But what was even more remarkable was that the day after (Friday), the weight remained the same, but fat weight dropped .2% (dropping us just below the 28 lb mark) & scoring a personal best 2.83:1 Muscle to Fat ratio. It’s worth noting that I worked on Thursday, ate half a roasted duck for lunch, walked 36 minutes to mom’s house and ate mac & cheese, sweet potatoes and greens for dinner… and of course drank lots of tea. I may have had a slice of cake also. Dare I begin to believe that the Bod is achieving that level of burning more fat and holding on to (if not building) muscle? It looks like I could be picking up more fitness classes to teach before Christmas comes. Weather is unpredictable this time of year, so walking is questionable at best. I might have to resort to treadmills. The final Sessions of Chapter Two are practically upon us; winter will be a challenge. If indeed this formula I seem to be using really works, winter will be a good test. Details of the week follow. 

Day
Sunday
11-22
Monday
11-23
Tuesday
11-24
Wednesday
11-25
Thursday
11-26
Friday
11-27
Saturday
11-28*
Ave.
Weight
181.2
181.2
181.2
182.8
180.6
180.6
181.5
181.3
Body Fat %
15.7
15.7
16.1
16.1
15.7
15.5
15.7
15.8
BF wt.
28.45
28.45
29.17
29.43
28.35
27.99
28.5
28.64
H2O %
61.7
61.7
61.4
61.4
61.7
61.8
61.7
61.6
H2O wt
111.8
111.8
111.25
112.24
111.43
111.61
111.98
111.68
Muscle mass %
43.8
43.8
43.6
43.6
43.8
43.9
43.8
43.7
Muscle wt.
79.37
79.37
79
79.7
79.1
79.28
79.5
79.22
MM:BF
ratio
2.79
2.79
2.71
2.71
2.79
2.83
2.79
2.76







Summary – 11-22-15: Break day/cheat day except for AM Yoga, so I guess no day is devoid of exercise. Hang with the Fam, Xave, Andee & Mom. Not much to eat today.



112215 [Sunday #157] – eyes opened in darkness – woke 0400… AM Yoga… more dynamic today. Started from the chair… good way to start, it seems. Two sun sals with more flows than holds – that sort of thing. And neck rolls of course and hip rotations. Not much pain/soreness… improvement. What day? Maybe the start of week 3??

Weight – Good digits. [Round I happened at some point and that was that for the day.]
Bkft: Turkey burger omelet.. need more fixins.
Lunch: Tootsie’s 67% - kale, chicken, feta, cabbage.
Meal – soup 7 iced tea, with Xave at a sports bar, watching the eagles get plucked.
Mom’s – tea and chocolate and Good vibes.

Home: Chlorella, ACV-M? Maybe. Seriously thought about more tea.

Looking back on the day – I didn’t eat a lot. Salad and soup came close together and I wasn’t hungry. Had some seaweed… that was it, then early to bed… 2100 – 2130.


Summary – 11-23-15: Mishap Monday – technical fails starting with the El. Functional Fitness, good walk, no lifting.. AM Yoga is a staple this month. I should continue it.


112315 [Monday #158] – Awake before the alarm and chilled. Up at 0400 – ready for AM Yoga – Let’s say start of week 3 (3 weeks to make a habit, right) start from the chair… and taking a bit more time there to stretch and cross leg bends… towards the floor. Shoulder openers, less if any clicking. Getting used to the motion. Two sun sals with twists and pushups into down-dog, a few low modified pistol holds & transitions from front squat to back… progressing. I should stick with AM Yoga indefinitely. – Tea.

Weigh in; same 3 days now. Good, that I’m not gaining.
Bkft – lentils & beans.

Swift walk to the train. Good, up the steps. Train breaks down. Nice way to start Monday. It will get better from here.

*Note: Moved the scale into the bano – no change in readings. I’m beginning to believe there’s no actual charge in the scale and the calculations are entirely based on weight. I have no way to corroborate the readings. I may have to invest in a hand-held model, but that might be the same situation. I must enter the weight manually.

Round I; [BFT – K] – 5g Vitamin C within 20 minutes?
1g D3 – Cold Day.
Feeling restless today, on my feet more… more energy.

Round II: [D – M] – whoa! Not to self stay out of sports bars.

Goals of Management – Dr. Robert B. Baron
Be as fit as possible at your current weight.
Prevent further weight gain.
If successful at 1 & 2, begin weight loss.
Never go to bed without knowing how you’re going to exercise tomorrow.
(I’m at #3. These are good principles to keep posted. They will go in the countdown book.)

Round III: [D] – So many factors, too many to try and figure out.

Park’s 85% - chicken & steak, salad, toms, cabbage, peppers.

Sometimes… situations… bring us where we need to be. This situation was more technology fails. I failed to charge my iPod so had to stop at home and no pre-lifting at the Y before class.

Tea. Brisk soldier walk to the trolley 20 minutes.. I can predict it now. (Some sunset selfies and the moon.)

Pre-Class: Jump rope, supplements and plange practice, better control and launch. Handstend half pushups too.. against the wall.

Good class – no need for me to do much. Coached some noobs (guests). Protein & BCAAs post. Home on the trolley and train, stopped at the Market, made some soup, restocked vitamins. 2x tea before bed. No chlorella tonight. Wonder if Vit C contributed to Rounds 2 & 3? Will chill tonight. Better day tomorrow. No Temple, plan to hit the Y and do what I wanted to do today.

G’nite.


Summary 11-24-15 – weight steady; AM Yoga, dead lifts and bench press at the Y. Turkey soup. Seems I’m in a low energy phase.


112415 [Tuesday #159] – woke to the aroma of my new favorite and best dish… smoked turkey soup… cooking in the crock pot. It’s spicy, as always because I dump a healthy bit of cayenne, turmeric and ginger spice in there. Also, carrots, chick peas, turnips, red potatoes and peppers. . It really opens the throat and nostrils. Out of bed at 0400 and on to AM Yoga.

Start in the chair. I spend more time stretching from there. Then to the mat, neck and shoulders then sun salutations (2) with twists and crescents and the usual from there. Left knee is behind and snapping more often than usual – adaptation.

It’s another cold one this morning – below freezing. Easy to remember to light candles.

Weigh in – same weight, fat up, muscle down. Tried to pinpoint it. Lifting was missing from the equation yesterday.

GIG: Round I: [N]
Round II: [N]
Lunch Park’s – 96% Turkey and salmon salad, slaw etc.
Round III: [S]

YMCA – round IV: [N] –
Apple on the way to the Y. Pre-supps and warm ups. Feeling sluggish.
Being at work is like being asleep with the benefits, so when I get to the gym I have to rev up before I can start lifting.

. Pre-supps and warm ups. Feeling sluggish.
Being at work is like being asleep with the benefits, so when I get to the gym I have to rev up before I can start lifting.

YMCA – The work:
Romanian Dead lifts: elevated, with wrist curls and forearm work between lifts. Inner elbow pain (probably inflammation… still).

135 x 6: [left knee sore, feels off.] 155 x 6; 1&5 x 6; 1*5 x 6; 205 x 4; 225 x 3; No wraps, prone grip, both hands.

Bench Press:
135 x 6; 155 x 6; 165 x 6; 175 x 4; 185 x 3; - respectable. More chest work for stronger lifts.

Calf Raises: on the bench with 25 lbs each, various reps, between sets.

Snatch: from thighs to clavicle: Bar x 10; 65 x 10; 95 x 6; 105 x 5; 115 x 3; Do more of these often. I need power days!!

Up row & Face Pull; super sets: 3 x 10 up row 20 lbs dumbbells – cable face pull 80 lbs x 10; 2 x 10 @ 100 lbs.

Plange attempts – fail. 90 minutes. Protein drink and BCAA’s and brewer’s yeast after & seaweed.

Ride home.. tea.
Meal turkey soup.
Worked on planges again. [video] they look a lot like a headstand. My legs are high, but I’ll improve and get those legs down and outward a bit more. I can feel it getting better.

Peanut butter scoops.. and Chlorella before bed b/w 2100 – 2130.






Summary – 11-25-15: AM Yoga workout; Experimental legs and upper body workout at the Y. Late Interval Training class at the Y & early to bed.


112515 [Wednesday #160] – wake, 0400 out of a dream I call “Ghost Rumble.” It was strange. People who didn’t believe in ghosts started to believe, then a whole bunch of ghosts showed up.. then the alarm rang.

AM Yoga – from the chair – thinking about Yoga the day after dead lifts. I must have done this before. At least one sun sal with twists and crescents – several down dogs with legs raised and into pigeon. This could be day 18 or 19… wondering but not trying to count.

Tea.

Weigh in – weight’s up. Ratio still the same. Didn’t get a walk in yesterday.
Left knee lagging. It will have to adapt to yoga, I think.

Bkft: Turkey soup and peanut butter scoops.
Round I: [BFT] –
Lunch – Park’s 94% - Turkey & Salmon (not hungry so delayed eating).
Round II: [N]
Daily Eats – apple, trail mix… not enough H2O.

Meal Home: Turkey soup. To the Y to sub Intervals Class at the Y 1900 – 2000.

YMCA – pre-supps.

Side Barbell deadlift – practice: 65 lbs x 3 + 6 both sides. 95 lbs. x 4 + 5 both sides. : really need to worl on DL form from deep. Do this on light days.

Calf Raises: with 25 lb plate overhead. Reps…
Front Raise: 35 lb plate. 2 sets of 10.
Bent Shrugs & shin flex; a few sets here and there, lots of sets of shin flex though.
Bent Flies; 2 sets… maybe 20 lbs.

Sub intervals class – added some new moves. Glad some regs showed up. Rode home. Nice full moon out. Not very good for pix tho. In da bed by 2100. Pretty good day.


Summary – 11-26-15: Thanksgiving- duck at the job, walk to Mom’s for dinner. More like a hike really. Hangin’ with the Fam after an overtime day… delicious.



112615 [Thursday #161] – I woke up… and got up briefly ahead of the 0400 alarm. I don’t know how far ahead. I don’t need or want the anxiety of trying to get a few more minutes of “sleep” – I’ll lie in bed until the alarm sounds and get up. I tell myself I’ve gotten the right amount of sleep.

Up at 0400. Slow twisting Yoga one sun sal. But tired this morning. Got a full hour in and started from the chair. Left side sore towards the lower back/upper butt. – Tea.

Round I: [N] –
Weigh in – extreme improvement in the digits [see chart]. Might be due to the later fitness class (I subbed) at the Y last night.

Round II: [N] .. or maybe SS?
Duck for lunch… half duck. Sang Kee – service isn’t as good as before. Duck is up to $10 even after about 25 years.

Round III: [N] –
Round IV: [N] ?

Will probably hike it up to Mom’s from 63rd st.
36 minute walk to Mom’s for TG dinner. Mac & cheese, sweet potato & collards.


Summary – 11-27-15: Travel day to Maplewood, but got the yoga done and hit a personal best on the MM:BF ratio. Lot’s to say today. Lots of reflection.



112715 [Friday #162] – Black Friday… wake 0600. 60 minutes of yoga. Start from the chair, move into neck rolls and hip rotations; more dynamic sun salutations, lung to multiple crescents (5) to lunge twists (5) through down dog, vinyasa pushups (2) this is tough – to 7-9 point, child’s pose – did that once. Work on hip openers and deep “third world squats” (I have to admit I don’t like this term, but I used to call them “Asian squats” so???) I still need counter weight to do this. More hip opening – spread ‘em. Single bow stretches.

Tea. Laundry.
Round I: [N] –

Weigh in. New record. Trying to get us to 44% muscle mass and 3:1 ratio… thinking the walk and maybe the duck had something to do with it. The day off as well, and extending the fast.

Travel Day to Maplewood.
Bkft – Turkey soup – Tea.

I have to admit I was impressed with today’s mirror reflection – and of course there are improvements to be made; upper-upper can be thicker. 2 – 3 times a week for this. Lots of rows, shrugs, pushes and balance. Plange training is good for this. More hips flexibility, so yoga poses have to address this. Also the deep-deep squats and holds must get my back straighter and reduce the counter weight. This is stuff I can do at home during the winter chapter.

Round II: [M] – The quality of these bouts has changed. Improved.

Eats: p-butter, honey & cinnamon, & out.
Newark NJ – Apple & trail mix.
Meal (Maplewood) – Turkey green beans cranberry relish.
Meal (LT & James) Mediterranean goodies, mostly meat and salad. Two plates & pie and red wine & water.

Good day & eve with the Fram, (Tet, Tim, Rebecca & Corwin and Zenzele.) Staten Island.



Summary – 11-28-15 Suburban life in Maplewood. Early Yoga and then more Yoga and Ruby pushups… was that today?


112815 [Saturday #163] – wake Maplewood. 0800-ish. After a night of celebrating and wine. Decent sleep. Short yoga. 1 sun sal – hard floor makes a difference – but maybe more later.

Round I: [T – DAD] – H2O & Tea.
Round II: [N] –
Meal – veggie omelet, shrooms, cheese and toms. 2x tea. Parkwood Diner.
Meal – Meat, cheese & tea.
Yoga again.. properly this time and a nap… 40 mins I expect.
Round III: [L-F]
Ruby pushups 14 this round (video)

Meal: Coda – Angus burger & salad. Probably shouldn’t have had the bun, had to 86 half of it to finish the burger. 3x iced tea. Early to bed… 2230… Ahhh the suburbs. They make it seem enticing. No place colder than Philly!!!

And this is how I ended Part One of Session XII




Taking a quick look at the year, it looks like as we ended November fat weight was down 15%. Muscle weight was down also… 1%. Both the numbers and the mirror suggest that we are becoming leaner. And that’s what we’re looking for. Also as of the end of November we are nearly 3 lbs. below the ten year average*, and close to 5 lbs under 2014’s average weight. It’s a nice start to the month.  Amazingly and unexpectedly we broke the 180 lb mark this week for the first time since mid July! Fat weight dropped solidly below 28 lbs., and muscle mass is being maintained, which it seems is the best I can ask for, for now. I thought with the drop to 15.4% BF, I’d hit 44% muscle, but the Bod is teasing me. Gratefully, however, Friday’s numbers continued into Saturday to make a solid end to this Session. More details follow. I am believing in the method. Let’s keep it going!!

Day
Sunday
11-29*
Monday
11-30
Tuesday
12-1
Wednesday
12-2
Thursday
12-3
Friday
12-4
Saturday
12-5
Ave.
Weight
181.9
182.4
182.4
181
181
179.8
179.8
181.2
Body Fat %
15.8
15.8
15.9
15.5
15.7
15.4
15.4
15.6
BF wt.
28.74
28.82
29
28.06
28.42
27.69
27.69
28.27
H2O %
61.7
61.6
61.5
61.8
61.7
61.9
61.9
61.7
H2O wt
112.23
112.36
112.17
111.85
111.67
111.3
111.3
111.8
Muscle mass %
43.8
43.7
43.7
43.9
43.8
43.9
43.9
43.8
Muscle wt.
79.67
79.71
79.71
79.46
79.28
78.93
78.93
79.36
MM:BF
Ratio
2.77
2.77
2.75
2.83
2.79
2.85
2.85
2.81
*the 10 year average includes measurements from 2015 as well.


Summary – 11-29-15: AM Yoga, more dynamic today in the attic. Travel day. Red wine gives me headaches?? Drink more or less??


112915 [Sunday #164] – Wake Maplewood, NJ 0800 – AM Yoga – where it started (in the attic) 50 minutes. Dynamic, repetitive moves this time. Toe touches, lunges – repeat the moves to feel them better. 50 minutes seems to be the norm, (what I can do without thinking about time). Finish with 20 pushups.

I realize 30 days won’t be enough to get the full bennies of yoga, but a year of everyday is a big commitment – so I’ll just go 30 at a time. I like to change up the AMX from time to time so I may move yoga to a different slot sometimes. Before bed perhaps. For now it’s 8 days until I hit 30 for this session.

Round I: [N] – tea. (white sugar all weekend and big cups of tea)
Bkft: Turkey-bacon & eggs.
Meal – Turkey and yams, blue moon and football with Mr. Smith.

Round II: [N] – Travel Day.

T-mix on the tracks, but not much needed to sustain.
Red wine = headache?
Eyes look better. Coconut oil M-F, off weekends, or maybe days off.
 Will save the weigh for the AM
Tea before bed
2300 Maybe. Chlorella too.


Summary – 11-30-15: Back to work, AM Yoga, YMCA today. Too much lunch. Perkins dinner with X & day squad.

113015 [Monday #165] – Sleep was choppy, but I got enough. Wake 0400 – 3 – 4 minutes.. AM Yoga… 50 minutes seems to be the norm. ACV-M (most mornings I remember) & tea.
Weigh in – good digits will yield a good average. Still under 16% BF. I can get back on track. Maybe the Bod is more efficient.

Bkft: Turkey soup.
Round I: [N] – T-mix at the gig.
Lunch – Park’s 103% chicken and salmon salad. Not hungry, delayed eating and only ate half of it. Didn’t need the fuel. Leftovers for tomorrow. Interesting though.

Round II: [N] –
Ate ½ of my lunch. Didn’t feel hungry. Got apple and seaweed and protein left in the bag. Headed to the Y after the gig.

Round III: [N] YMCA

The Work:
Front squats, bench press, t-bar rows, bent flies, weighted calf raises. I didn’t keep track of eights and reps as I usually do. I just felt weak. Bench press is lower than when I started. I was doing single reps of 175. Got to stick with combo moves and support work and upper-upper and eat better also. I need to get back to the Options . Got many subs in GX going this month. Extra $$ but, less time for lifting… unless… I can make this work for me.

Pre-supps, post protein, and brewer’s yeast (BY).

Meal – Perkins, old school: Omelet potatoes, tea, H2O.. of course Jupiter after.
Chlorella and tea before bed. 2100… too.

DECEMBER!!


Summary – 12-1-15: AM Yoga, Numbers backed off. Level 7 – Temple Double play. Last official Cardio Scope of the year.

120115 [Tuesday #166] – Anything that has to do with upward mobility is tainted by the spectre of deity.

Wake 0400 – better timing – warmer today, but wet.

AM Yoga – sun sals into crescents and twists… psoas has been worked, balance was tricky. Went long… started from the chair. Hips are short, must lengthen.

Tea, soup, peanut butter.
Round I: [T-N] …

Get more vitamins: CLA; chelated minerals; chlorella.
Round II: [NF] – like to note it – Probably Apple

Hungry today. Ate leftover lunch and trail mix.
Round III: [N] –
Park’s 67% turkey salad. Low food today.
Rainy Day – Temple double.
Round IV: [L]
Round V: [L – B] – recovery, not so bad though.

CSX next; last official at TU. IBC. Good class, new faces. Pre-CSX; jump rope, plange practice; pre-supps CLA & D-Ribose. Post session brewer’s yeast.

Round VI: [L-N] – before Aqua. Gymnasts today, unexpected, but somewhat better. Vits after Vi-X, COQ10… Apple. Maybe a shake at home. Not hungry. Not tired. Yet, no snacks between classes.

Home – tea.
Round VII: [NP – WTF]!! If it’s needed, it’s needed.

Not very hungry, not tired – sore. Looking lean though. Belly is still big… flabbier than I want it, but upper torso is looking tight.

Had some almonds and cashews… perhaps some p-butter scoops before bed. Thought about a shake but I don’t need anything through the pipeline. Just lounge, recovery is strong. Blueberries and chlorella before bed.


Summary – 12-2-15: Made some decisions about how I’m going to train this month. Special (sub) Full Body Xplosion session at Temple. Otherwise normal. (AM Yoga, and the gig.)



120215 [Wednesday #167] – 0400 – I didn’t need to go to bed as early as I did, thus sleep did not come quickly or easily. The Bod fought it whenever I drifted off. As always I get the rest and the REM sleep I needed to wake up strong enough to do the AM Yoga; 50 – 60 minutes. Started in the chair, gave myself some balance challenges. I’m not terribly sore this morning. ACV-M after yoga and tea… of course. I like this yoga stuff. Wonder if I’ll ever do a group thing? I’m not a group guy. Same reason I don’t go to Crossfit… but the group might help.

December has to be legs-back-chest month… every workout at least 3x a week. Extra days I can work on support stuff… Oh, upper-upper too, has to be in that mix. I need the thickness.. and yes.. the No Moobs Movement!

Weigh in – 181, 15.5, 61.8, 43.9: Good stuff. Sleep and exercise I suppose and elimination. I’m looking for the formula in order to replicate it. It should work for others as well.

Bkft: lentils, beans, shrooms.
Gig: banana 7 trail mix.
Round I: [N] –
Lunch 74% - park’s bacon & chicken salad.
Round II: [N – TL] – Jupiter!
Round III: [L-X] –
Home – tea.

TU – Full Body Xplosion.. good class & work. No supps. T-mix and seaweed after.
Meal – Applebees – salmon, potato, spinach. Iced tea 2x.
Bowling [Vid].
Home tea… bed after midnight. I can hit these numbers again if I lose them tomorrow.


Summary – Bizarro Dreams, AM Yoga, massage day and not much else as far as workouts go.


120315 [Thursday #168] – Good sleep. Bizarro dreams – gun shots in a mall… of course I walked the other way. My house was a mess, clothes all over the place, not exactly like in the dream, but I’m behind on laundry. But most bizarre was when I went to Keanne for a massage Keanne was Yaya and instead of (or in addition to) a massage I was getting a (forced) haircut by a hipster in a brown frock-hoodie with eyes cut out of the hood, as if it was a mask. Of course, he had a beard. I palmed his head/hood and threatened him if he cut my hair too short. I am overdue for a trim… but I’ll let it grow through the winter.

Wake 0800 after 3 alarms.

Yoga was more dynamic; exercise based. Have to pull the arms back further for pushups. I get what they mean now… after all this time. I’ve been adding yoga poses in for a long time at GX. Started from the chair. Open hips and pelvis, low back.

Tea _ massage day.
Round I: [N] –

Weigh in 181 – 15.7 – 61.7 – 43.8.
Peanut butter and apple. Good massage. Good feedback, “Best to date.”
Parkway walk, 1 mile. Lots of  (well, 2) downed trees.. recent by the looks. One had been uprooted.
Home – tea and admin work. (I got some stuff accomplished today.) Stock pix, Verizon, peanut butter & nuts and teas.
Round II: [N] –

No lifting today – got chores done. Finished the turkey soup, had much tea. Pretty sore from yesterday. Didn’t realize it was Thursday.. ha ha.

Nuts and tea were pretty much my diet today.
No ACV-M or chlorella. Ordered more vitamins.
Feeling good about today.
Keep organizing pictures.


Summary – 12-4-15: Broke through the 180 barrier!! Lowest body fat % of the year! Highest retio!!! Yoga and lifting today as well. Social engagements with Fram.



120415 [Friday #170] – 179.8; 15.4% 61.9 H2O; 43.9 Muscle mass 2.85:1 ratio.
Woke after a good sleep and several dreams. One in which I wa arrested for no reason and then left alone and allowed to walk out after not being processed. I didn’t even show my ID.

AM Yoga, hip flexibility (ZHealth video). Started in the chair. Got an hour in. One sun sal, but this was mostly about hip openers.

Weigh in under 180!!! Thought I’d get a 44% muscle mass, but just short. Overall, numbers are outstanding, although I feel I was robbed of that 1/10% of a point. Oh well – something to strive for. I plan to lift heavy today. Deadlift, shrug, press, rise and lunge day. But I’d better get my shish together. It’s a pretty day and I’m psyched.

Bkft – T-burg and 2 eggs. 2x tea.
Round I: [N] – To the Y… (rode in, learned my lesson on walking on a lifting day.)


YMCA – Round II: [N] –
Pre-supps including 1g of Vitamin C. warm ups.

Dead lifts: Felt weak and tired, but I think because I haven’t been consistent. We will call this Option #1… Revised and updated.

Weight
Reps
Dead lifts: Classic style: Details
225
6
Calf raises in between, 30 lbs.
255
5
Weak grip/no wraps up to 300 lbs.
275
4

300
3
Looks like pyramids.
320
1
Strong grip/no straps.. missed the second rep. Got heavy.
350
1
350 lbs on a bad day. This was heavy. I feel further from my goal today. (400-410). But I’ll get it.




Barbell shrugs, with straps.
225
15
Good to me. Powerful. Full shrugs, almost rows.
250
12
Still strong. Maybe start here next.
300
10
Handleable.
320
6
Fault: hit the pins, but still got 6. I can feel the weight
350
5
On a bad day.
380
3
Heavy… on the pins (lifted but kept the bar over the pins for support. Had to feel the weight to conquet it though.




Bench Press
150
6
Start here, no more than 6 reps, max.
160
6
Feeling stronger after the heavy work.
170
5
Strong
180
3
Better if I had a spotter, I’d have gotten 4
190
2
Strong and steady
200
1
Good enough, but support would have made me more confident.



45 lb. plate front raises 10 – 1: not as bad as I thought.

Lunges 35 lbs. 10 + 10: at least I did this. I was wiped out, felt wobbly by this time, but I’ll have to keep it up.

Post protein shake and BCAA’s & brewer’s yeast.
Round III: [N] – and out.




Meal red quinoa salad w/ blackened chicken @ Honey’s (south0 with Sheyna.
Round IV: [S-F-M] – Home. Chill time at la casa.

Meal: PEI Mussels (North 3rd) no bread, munched a few fries 2x Iced Tea w/ The Llama.
Good social day today. Good weight, good training. Let’s get some good sleep and wrap this session up tomorrow.





Summary – Back to work. AM Yoga. Mostly a chill day. Numbers held… YAY!!


120515 [Saturday #171] – Wake 0400 – Decent sleep. Got to bed a little later. Got the AM Yoga done – from the chair and hip work. Left side will be the test for improvement. Tea and ACV-M (before the tea).

After a great day of socializing, early and heavy lifting and dining out, the numbers stayed the same. (See chart).  Great way to end this session. Back to the gig today, which means sitting – trail mix and salad bar. May or may not hit the Y today. It’s more of a walk day.. or home work. We shall see.

I wonder how much success of the formula has to do with belief that it’s working? Will it work all the way to 175 lbs. and will I be able to get stronger and stay lean? 3:1 is close. I MUST sustain it!

Bkft: lentils – not enough, got hungry right away at work.
Gig: Round I: [N] – trail mix. Bkft supplement.
Round II: [N] –
Lunch – park’s seafood 81% (fake) crab, salmon, shrimp salad. (delayed eats)
Round III: [Q] – don’t know what that was about. But the job was done.

La Casa – chilled and ostensibly prepared to leave. No workout, although I was tempted. Go big tomorrow after work. Front squat, overhead press, t-bar row, db press, maybe incline, probably add calves/shins, maybe bent flies… (if the equipment is still there).

Munchies; tea (3x); and salmon patty for eats. Got to get the H2O in. Just sipped @ work. Got to drink, thirsty or not.

No chlorella tonight. Got more comin’. G’nite.

End of Session 12

No comments:

Post a Comment