Monday, October 26, 2015

Session IX: 101115 - 102415

C'mon.. I dare you!!

Survival Protocol
Chapter II: Autumn - 92715 - 121915



Session IX: 101115 – 102415: (Part 1)

This week’s numbers leveled off after the spike from the birthday dinner. The recovery only took two days, which is normal. We managed to keep the fat weight below 30 lbs. for the last five days (in a row) of the week. This could be a first… at least for this session. Comparing body weight to this time last year, there’s just over one pound difference. We’re gaining on last year, which isn’t necessarily bad especially since body composition is better. We’re also beating the ten year (body weight) average by 2.6 lbs.  Muscle Mass to Body Fat ratio has been flirting with the 2.7:1 mark perhaps, with the walking, the fitness classes, morning exercises and lifting we’ll be able to advance to new levels. Must mention the invasion this week. We are still battling, more on that in the details. Aside from the “bug” this has been, probably the best week of this Chapter, so far.

Day
Sunday
10-11
Monday
10-12
Tuesday
10-13
Wednesday
10-14
Thursday
10-15
Friday
10-16
Saturday
10-17
Ave.
Weight
185.6
184.8
182.4
182.4
182.4
183.6
182.6
183.4
Body Fat %
16.9
16.5
15.9
16.3
16.2
16.2
16.1
16.3
BF wt.
31.37
30.49
29
29.73
29.55
29.74
29.4
29.9
H2O %
60.8
61.1
61.5
61.2
61.3
61.3
61.4
61.2
H2O wt
112.84
112.91
112.17
111.62
111.81
112.54
112.11
112.24
Muscle mass %
43.2
43.4
43.7
43.5
43.5
43.5
43.6
43.4
Muscle wt.
80.18
80.2
79.71
79.34
79.34
79.87
79.61
79.6
MM:BF
ratio
2.56
2.63
2.75
2.67
2.69
2.69
2.71
2.67



Summary – 10-11-15: Beginning Session IX in the red, but no surprise. Another day of no lifting – house chores instead and catching up on sleep.


101115 [Sunday #116] – wake AMX, Session 9 begins.

A little bit slow on the wake up today, but no snooze. Thought about it though. AMX, 30 minutes, vest gloves, 3 rounds, 25 squats and pushups… no dumbbells today. Tea as usual.

I knew I’d be paying for yesterday. Call it a cheat day. Two pounds and lowered H2O and Muscle mass – increased fat.

Bkft – T-burger and 2 eggs and greens.
Round I: [N] – brisk morning, walk to the train station. Still energetic up the steps. Think I can Y today.

Gig – yogurt.
Round II: [N] – Focused on drinking more water and bored.
I think heavy @ the Y today. Use wraps, or maybe sumo deadlifts and goblet squats, legs and thick back.

Round III: [N/F/P] –

Lunch – Tootsie’s 75% chicken, kale, feta, etc.

Beginning to rethink this workout today. Maybe switch it up. Home work, we’ll see.

Got home and nodded for 90. Home work was catching up on chores but no lifting. I have an idea tomorrow to skip AMX and go straight to the gym for heavy work. Question is, whether I fuel up first. Never did heavy first thing. I’ll see how I feel in the morning.

Chlorella before bed, appx 2300. I should sleep okay.


Summary: 10-12-15 – Massive day of exercise; covered all bases of walking, lifting, AMX, group exercise/aerobics. Good day, high energy zone.


101215 [Monday #117] – Slept in – the usual first day-off debate between getting up as usual or getting up when I’m ready. I was ready about 0730, which seems to be the average get-up on off days.

Tea first.
Round I: [N] –

AMX – added more weight on the arms (arm-ankle weights) so that’s plus 10 lbs – puts me over 30. 3 rounds – extra reps added to everything, even lunges. Told myself I “must do it” it’s day eight.

Dreamt about what I’d do at the Y. some kind of deadlift, maybe sumo and back work, upper-upper is a constant, somewhere back or front, daily.

Weigh in – the recovery as begun. Time to break fast.

Bkft: t-burger, eggs [2], veg, another tea – a nod.

Round II: [TF] – Yogurt: Out to the Y.. walk 16 minutes to the trolley stop. Warm & Sunny.



YMCA – pre-supps – today sumos and shrugs, moderate weight.

Sumo dead lifts: no wraps, and no pain.

140 x 10: 150 x 10; 190 x 6; 220 x 5; 260 x 2; 280 x 1; 300 x 1;
I think this is an improvement. I really haven’t done these since the back injury.

Barbell shrugs w/ wraps. I can go much higher when I take the grip out of the equation.

210 x 15; 260 x 12; 280 x 6; 300 x 5; 320 x 5;

expect a sensation here tomorrow. I should be able to shrug at least as much as I can deadlift. Maybe I should take the shrugs a little higher?? Might have to move to the Smith.

One arm bb shoulder press –
25 x 10 (each); 35 x 10; 50 lbs x 6 + 5, - this is a good weight. Stay here for a while.

35 lb plate front raises. 4 sets of 10 – good weight, straighter arms means shoulders are stronger. Tight core also.

Seated row shrug/pulls (cable)
210 – 4 sets… various reps, close to 10.

Lat shrug/pulls (cable) 120 lbs  about 4 sets. I don’t keep good records on the cable machines.

Reverse cross cable (for back) 20 lbs + brick 4 sets x 5 – 6.

Done, about 60 minutes. Post protein and BCAAs.


Meal – Aquarius Diner… the usual. (sausage, 2 eggs, tomatoes, tea)

YGX in 2.5 hours. Question walk home or ride? I’m thinking speed. Ride.

Functional Fitness – pre-class Jump rope.
Good class, good energy. A little trail mix… headed home. What next? Not hungry now, but should probably shop tomorrow.

No dinner, not hungry, probably tea, no ritual, nod.


Summary 10-13-15: Happy Birthday Krishna
Super Tuesday another massive exercise day, AMX, Max chest at the Y, CSX & Aqua Box @ Temple. Another high energy day. Grateful!



101315 [Tuesday #118] – wake 0730 ish.. Day off. Last one. Sore… most upper back is DOMS, lower back/butt is chronic… (still working on that area.)

Slow tentative start but AMX was completed – full gear, which includes ‘forearm weights’ – which is a pair of ankle weights (10 lbs) on the forearms, (in case I’m reading this 10 years from now, I’ll need it spelled out.) Nothing special.. except wider pushups with arms more forward, further away from center. More core. Figure little by little rather than all at once.

Oh, and Round I: [N] – at wake up.
Shower, weight in, start the day.

Good digits.. Combination of walking, lifting, aerobics class yesterday. Exactly a week since last time I was in the 15% neighborhood. BF% on this scale is linked to weight, so I imagine <180 lbs will show mid 15% in body fat. Let’s see how that theory works out, if I can break the 180 barrier.

Bkft – Last of the Ox bean soup. Not my best recipe, but beneficial, I think.

Got errands today.. Max chest at the Y, but not too heavy, CSX at Temple and aqua Box, work tomorrow. Bizzy one – better load up.
2d Tea.
Round II: [N] – Yogurt and blueberries, 20 min walk to the trolley… that 16 minutes recorded before must be wrong…

Throat felt a bit sore this morn.. 4 vit Cs, (upper left side). 


YMCA – pre-supps. Max Chest day.

Bench Press – Going for it…

Lbs.
Reps
Notes
140
10
Good start
150
10

160
8
Could’ve squeezed out 2 more, but oh well
180
4

190
2 + 3

200
2 + 1
Frank on the spot. First set went well. Some back pull on the second.

Barbell static Holds for time 20 seconds:
230 lbs x 20 seconds
240 lbs. x 20 seconds
250 lbs x 15 seconds.. Now THAT’s Weight!!

Decline dumbbell press 45 lbs. 4 x 12 – still good weight.

Incline bench Press

Lbs.
Reps
Notes
70
10
Good start
100
10
Stronger, big jump.
120
6

140
1 + 1
Too big of a jump. Got greedy. Probably should have made a 130 pit stop.

Flat dumbbell press (side grip)
30 lbs 4 x 12. Good weight, fatigued.

About 60 minutes, long breaks on heavy lifts.
Post protein and BCAAs.


Errands run.
Meal: Lox onion omelet @ broad st diner, in the window. AM vits.. no tea.

Two very energetic, yet small sessions at Temple. Banana b/w the two + t-mix after aqua. Maybe a shake at home?? Just gainer, no protein or creatine needed.

No shake after all. Finished off the night with a bowl of blueberries, almonds and walnuts and honey. And a cup of tea barely touched.

Chlorella and bed… 20;30.. rather late but energetic.


Summary: 10-14-15 – Another triple workout day, AMX, rare lifting at Temple’s IBC, and a bosu boot camp. Tired when I got home, light meal before bed.


101415 [Wednesday #119] – woke before the alarm and actually got out of bed. I didn’t (seem to) need as much sleep as I got. If I were a believer in being bi-polar I’d say I was in a manic phase… I prefer high energy. Of course this usually comes at a price… a crash or a slide or dip, says experience… but this might just be an elevation (that I can maintain). If I can fight and reject the idea of a crash it won’t come.

AMX was done – full gear and minimum reps.. good sweat. Finished the tea I didn’t drink last night, made another and half drank that. Will probably finish before the gig.

Digits: 182.4 – 16.3 61.2 43.5 – backed off… so what was different than yesterday… (or Monday). I walked, lifted, AMX, 2 sessions of group fitness, ate in a diner, hmmm… today’s difference will be the gig and salad for lunch. We’ll see. Oh yes.. less sleep – that could be a big factor.

Bkft – salmon and lentils, finished the tea.

Round I: [T] –
Energy is still high. Gig: slow munch on my banana. Nice compliment of the physique this morning. (They’ve been coming this week, part of the energy high I’ll bet.) Body soreness and tightness creeping in. Left claw hand, more H2O buddy!!!

Round II [F]
Round III; [ H/S] – combo
Lunch – Park’s fish and fowl 102% (very bland had to add pepper)

Round IV: [N] –

OK – subbing bosu bootcamp today so early workout at TU/IBC.. leg press if I can get it. Front squats – stay light to moderate. Upper-upper, maybe shoulder laterals and forearms, some cable pulls… maybe pull ups. We shall see.


Rare Temple workout:

Front squats – about 5 sets from 140 – ish to 170 –ish. Respectable (not sure of the bar weight0

Leg (slide) press 3 sets, 4 plates (45lbs) to 8 plates 20 + 20 + 15 (not as anal with the documenting as usual)

Seated calf raises.. 100 lbs 3 sets of close to 20.

35 lb plate front raises 3 sets.
25 lb. plate snatch press, one hand – 1 x 6; 1 x 8, with forearm work between sets.

Seated pull/shrugs (Cable) 120 lbs and 140 lbs set.

Done & BCAA’s – less than an hour.


Chicken Caesar salad at the Horse.
Round V: [N] – ish Temple.

Bosu Bootcamp went well , seems easier to me, but we’ll see tomorrow.

Recovery cup of tea at la casa. Bowl of walnuts, almonds, blueberries and honey. Maybe drop some vitamin C and chlorella before bed. I still feel the power – a bit sleepy now. No need for a late night.

Chlorella and 4x Vit Cs.. G’nite.


Summary 10-15-15: The Body called for a time-out today. Straight home, chilled out and read comics… that I wrote. No big meals, but lots of tea. I’m in a battle against an invader.


101515 [Thursday #120] – The ides of October. Up with the alarm, reluctantly. Funny sleep – maybe not the best. Need to change up the soundscape… but not too much.

So AMX was a push this morning. Got it done, full gear, just not too vigorous.

Tea –
Weigh in: pretty close to yesterday’s digits. Sitting most of the day doesn’t help. I’ve been more active on my days off, lately. Today should be a day of chillage and chores. If I lift (at all) it will be at home. Time for more soup, so I got to get the fixins.

Bkft: T-burger, 2 eggs, tomatoes.

Sniffles and chills this morning. There’s an invader that must be dispatched, forth with! We’re gonna burn the bitch!!

Third day in a row fat weight is below 30 lbs!! woo hoo!!

Looking at the notes of the week, it seems like the warning signs were there; ‘claw hand,’ dryness on the lower legs, calf cramps. I may have gotten a jump on the invader with the Vitamin C attack – but the immune system is also intact, so maybe it won’t be so bad. (It usually isn’t, just inconvenient and then it lingers for a while. We should be stronger than last time.)

My turned foot is still not back to 100%, it will probably take longer do to all the activity.

Round I: [BFF] – ha ha.
Lunch: Park’s 87% Turkey, shrimp, cauli, broc.

Round II: [N] – invader!!

Came straight home and read my old bitstrips (comics). No work. 3x tea. Yogurt, blueberries, honey and some random almonds and g’nite 22:30 – ish, but not very sleepy. Thanks Bod.. recover at hand! (Stuffy nose).


Summary 10-16-15: The battle continues. AMX as usual and the home workout after the gig. Walked from 6-9 too after picking up some fixin’s for this week’s soup. Smoked Turkey. MMM, my favorite.


101615 [Friday #121] – Up with the alarm. Bizarre Dream – underwater… “Merge of Equals” seemed I could breathe underwater until I couldn’t. I think the stuffy nose invaded my underwater breathing dream. Anyway, I couldn’t breathe well so we went into an underwater house and I climbed high on towel racks until I could breathe better, then I barfed. When I apologized one of the guys from Monty Python says, “No worries.”

AMX – full gear. Full 3 rounds, took extra steps (run-in-place). Fairly strong, battling the invader, if lasts the standard 3 weeks I’ll be fighting this bug beyond the course of the current AMX regimen.

Weigh in – Up a pound today. The other digits are the same.

Round I: [T] typical, off to the gig. Sitting in the cold doesn’t help.

Round II: [M-N]

Lunch – Park’s 97%, fish and fowl and mushrooms (whole in oyster sause).

Round III: [N] –

Home after food shopping and a walk from UD.


HOME – WORK! Doing it a little different today. Taking advantage of all, or most of the gear I have in the house:  Pre-supps:

Romanian dead lifts in the basement.
200 lbs, 4 sets; 3+4+5+6. Took a while to get acclimated to this. It’s a long bar. It seemed like less than what I’ve been doing, but it also seemed heavier.

Pull ups – in the doorway : 4 x 5 reps, pronated close grip. Elbow pain waned.

One arm db press (on the bench) 3 x 15 each, 1 x 12 each. Weights at home feel heavier. Good to know I can train like this at the spot, in case we get snowed in this winter.

DB pull overs 4 x 10, 30 lbs.

Various shrugs, bent, pulls and front raises.
Side bends 30 lbs.

Shoulder laterals, with 8 lbs and 12 lbs. No pain. Can move 12 lbs now, straight out. I love progress!!

Post protein & BCAAs.


Made turkey soup.
Watched “Up in the Air” Finally. Had the appropriate thoughts and conclusion.

Peanut butter, seaweed… seems to late to eat an actual meal, maybe blueberries and certainly more tea.

Stuffy, runny nose now – detox. We are in a war!!

ACV before bed – I feel an surge of power!! 





Summary – 10-17-15: Just another day. I know it’s Saturday, but I don’t feel it. AMX, work and afternoon home work for upper-upper body. Mugercise still going on… like the Bod that’s got to be consistent.



101715 [Saturday #122] – Wake up, 0400 – didn’t want to, but had to keep the streak alive. I (Mallory) know I’m dreaming now – it seems, but maybe not… maybe these are both dreams. (I might say I’m trying to figure it out, but there’s no figuring to be done. I’m trying to decide which way I want to interpret Life.) I still behave as I do on this realm.

Round I: [TH] – woke during the night to detox. Nose is clearer this morning. Not as runny or stuffy.

AMX – slow and steady 3 x 25 pushups. All the rest are standard reps. It’s getting stronger at day 12. I shouldn’t count (because it’s wrong, it’s actually day 13), but I noted it this morning. Only difference for me today is the train schedule.

Very few body aches – soreness of course from yesterday, but no aches.

Tea!

I’ve managed to stay off of FB for two days!! Woo hoo!! It’s not a record – however my question is, ‘what do I do with the time?’ Yesterday I watched a movie – downtime is downtime. I can’t be busy every minute. Issue with the net is that it drags me away from productive time, yet I am learning stuff. Balance. It always returns to balance and discipline.

Weigh in – Good numbers today. Good way to end the week.
Good breakfast – Turkey soup and hungry at the gig an hour later… very few carbs in the soup.

Round II: [N] – sneezing. Part of the process… of course sitting here in a cold room with no proper heat is not helping the process. On the positive side, The Bod will burn fat to keep us warm.

Round III: [DF] – good battle. That’s what I’m talking about!! Detox baby!
Lunch – Park’s, steak, salmon, cheese, cabbage, greens, peppers, 103%. Will have to split this lunch.

YMCA or not? Maybe I’ll do a few sessions at home.

Came home, ate soup, worked out, upper-upper and back and shoulders. A lot of shrugs on different angles, some standard some creative stuff. 2X tea, and another bowl of soup. Took the pre-supps, but nothing after. The workout was very informal. I did get a short nap on the floor. Tomorrow will be long. I’m thinking ½ duck will get me through lunch and dinner. Will have to plan to eat late.. oh, DUH… I have apples!! (apples got me through Pope weekend OT).

The invader is on the run. Sinuses pretty clear, no snot.. the lungs are beginning to clear now.

Checked in with FB a couple of times, maybe two more days off? Nothing exciting on there.

ACV before bed. Saturday night and I haven’t noticed.

END OF SESSION 9 – PART 1




This week I felt as if it was time to put the formula to the test: I did a good deal of walking early in the week along with my normal fitness classes and got to bed early. I can’t discount the benefits of early morning exercise either. What I didn’t do a lot of this week was lift. When I did it was heavy, scoring a personal best dead lift. Body modification happens on a microscopic level, thus the numbers move almost painfully slow. Average weight’s down just about a pound from last week. We were able, however to keep fat weight below 30 lbs for the majority of the week and even below 29 lbs through the middle of the week. Ratios are also higher than in the past. Thursday we tied a record for Muscle mass: Body fat ratio. The message is clear… more walking, more sleep; diet seems to be on point, AMX is beneficial and maybe I don’t have to lift as heavy as often, but I probably should spend a couple more days in the weight room. I do feel like I’ve slacked off.

Day
Sunday
10-18
Monday
10-19
Tuesday
10-20
Wednesday
10-21
Thursday
10-22
Friday
10-23
Saturday
10-24
Ave.
Weight
183.6
183.6
181.8
180.6
180.6
181.8
183.2
182.2
Body Fat %
16.4
16.2
15.8
15.9
15.6
16.0
16.1
16
BF wt.
30.11
29.74
28.72
28.72
28.17
29.1
29.5
29.1
H2O %
61.1
61.3
61.6
61.5
61.7
61.4
61.4
61.4
H2O wt
112.18
112.55
112
111.07
111.43
111.62
112.5
111.87
Muscle mass %
43.4
43.5
43.7
43.7
43.8
43.6
43.6
43.6
Muscle wt.
79.68
79.87
79.45
78.92
79.1
79.26
79.88
79.44
MM:BF
Ratio
2.65
2.69
2.77
2.75
2.81
2.73
2.71
2.73







Summary 10-18-15 – AMX added shadow box to the regimen. OT at the gig, so sat around most of the day. Call it a break day/cheat day… duck Day.



101815 [Sunday #123] – wake 0400. Now I think about hitting the snooze, but don’t want to return to that habit. Got up and eased myself into the AMX. I think I’m sore but I’m not … just a little DOMS from upper body work yesterday.

Maybe it’s been 3 weeks but the right foot is healed enough to get back into proper pre-lotus pose. Thanks Bod… need to double check the timing.

Anyway, AMX done. Added showdown boxing after the run (in place). Full gear. 25 pushups, more for back and chest, but the two are linked.

Tea..

Round I: [T/F] – puzzling, but I’ll take it.

Bkft – Turkey soup. This will go fast. Gig- long one today… 16 hrs. Thinking it’s a good duck day. Pretty sure there will be no workout… but I’ve trained here before, so maybe.

Round IV: [LF] –

Wrapping up the day. Food-wise at the gig; t-mix, seaweed, apple, ½ duck, calamari, hot chocolate, H2O, cup of tea – proper @ la casa. Sacrificed the workout for the check today. No regrets. I’ll take a few days and sort myself out.

G’nite.


Summary 10-19-15 – R.I.P Alex. AMX modified… or should I say progressed the routine. No lifting, but Functional Fitness in the evening. Lots of Peetox



101915 [Monday #124] – Slept in until 0800.

Round I: [NF] –
Tea.

AMX – weaker, it seemed, but still strong. Added punches, bell ringers and side kicks. Took away crescent kicks, and jumping. Changed the pushups too… sphinx style. More on the core, only got 9 on round 3.

Weigh in – about the same. Seems like the duck didn’t do such damage, but I also slept late. Got up a few times too. Late to bed last night as well. Still got about 8 hours sleep. Didn’t have trouble getting back to sleep. Glad today is an off day.

Happiness today. Compooter prog fixed itself, or was updated, or whatever. YAY!

BCAA’s after AMX.
Bkft – omelet (pizza style) and another tea.

Meal; Guacamole – just chillin’ today. Got YGX this eve. May or may not lift today. Realizing there is no, no workout day, with AMX.

We lost Smart this morning. RIP Buddy.

Having a very chill day, which included a 63 (or less) minute nap, more peetox, which makes me wonder if this is a result of the duck. Anyway, feeling a bit more energetic since the nap. Ready to rock-n-roll at the Y.

Meal: Turkey soup and daily vits. Walk to the Y, 45 minutes (1 stop). Jump rope before class then Functional Fitness.. didn’t go too hard. Felt pumped after… maybe train some at home. Sick day tomorrow. Commercial trail-mix after.

Tea, yogurt & blueberries, ACV & chlorella before bed.

Some shoulder raises/laterals 12 lbs, 2 x 6 I think. 




Summary 10-20-15: AMX as usual, the body is adapting. Dentist appointment and some good walks. No proper lifting today.



102015 [Tuesday #125] – Got to sleep in a little today. Dentist appointment. Up at 0537.. laid around a bit.

Started with a cup of tea.
Round I: [N]

The threat seems to have been neutralized. No sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, or the like. Some phlegm here and there. Nothing major.

AMX – Felt the energy return. Day 16? Maybe. Full gear, 300 paces, shadow box – made it to 100 for 2 rounds. Squats and lunges normal. Ring-the-bell and side kicks are new. Sphinx pushups, barely got to 8 in the third (final) round. And added planks today as a finisher. So now, I’m up to 8 exercises per round.

I’ve gotten more used to the weight – which must mean body adaptation – strength increased, before the 3 week mark. That seems promising, especially after a group fitness day and a long walk. Hope it keeps going.

P.O.D. dentist, TUGX, maybe some lifting or shopping in between. I’ll be up for CSX as always.

Weigh in – 181.8 – 15.8 – 61.6 – 43.7 -  The walk? Seems consistent. God drop in weight, haven’t been here in some time – about 2 weeks.  Or is it just a weekly drop?

More sleep too.
Bkft – salmon & lentils.
Round II: [DF] – to the dentist.




Summary 10-21-15 – Dropped back to 180 (first time in 50 days!!), long walk to the market and back. AMX of course, (which stands for antemeridian exercise, in case ya didn’t know.) No gym, no classes, maybe I lifted a few lbs at home… and chores. Nice day off.



102115 [Wednesday #127] – I think Tuesdays will have to be early to bed nights. I get a head start on tired @ TU, and there’s no reason for me to be up. More sleep means more repair and building, less calories consumed, more burned.

Eyes opened early – but stayed in bed until 0600. Kept going in and out of dreams; Baby elephant, bouncing rocks like basketballs, apologizing to Italians, Obama, a gala at the Y, but mostly tight spaces… that seems to be a recurring theme… “I don’t get out.” I’m not stuck and there’s usually enough space… it just seems like I can’t negotiate that particular space and have to find another way… another route. This probably has to do with my burning desire to leave Philly and I don’t have my escape route completely worked out yet.

AMX – full gear. Added plank and cat/cow (today). Got 8 pushups each round (Sphinx), 100 punches each round all else was standard.

Weigh in was good – dropped a lb., possibly from the combo of walking and group fitness and probably AMX… 2 – 3 weeks seems to be the period in which weight drops (during a new routine) and the Bod adapts.

Most symptoms of the Invader have cleared up, yet sometimes they recur. Second sickie today. Opt to get house work done. I may walk, may lift at home, try some stuff.

Bkft: Trail mix. I’ve gone quite a while without tea so far. Don’t really have a taste for it, (yet). Don’t seem to have a jones for it. I’ll just delay it for now.

What’s next?
Tea.. finally.
Round I: [N] –
Meal: Guac, arugula, cheese.
Tea.
Working on some floor moves and balance stuff. Beast pose(s).

Round III –
Meal, turkey soup.
Walk/march – shop rite and back.. about an hour including shopping. A long walk with heavy pack on the return trip. 4 cups of tea, an apple, yogurt, chia & blueberries and end the day. No FB 3 days straight. I was kind of jonesin’ today though. And I’ll probably nod early… before 2100.

Gig tomorrow and maybe heavy lifting… like dead lifts. Let’s see if AMX, et al, have made me stronger on the lift.


Summary – 10-22-15: PB deadlift, 390 lbs. AMX and long walk back from the Y. early to bed. Weight down, close to record territory for this Bootcamp Year.


102215 [Thursday #128] – Funny sleep – not used to getting this much. I think it may take time to adjust. Wake up 0400… AMX added 2 squats (22) pers et as well aslunges and pushups @ 10 each. More core strength. Other stuff is the same – about 300 paces (in place). 50 sidekicks, 100 punches, planks up to 70 seconds.

Didn’t have a feel for tea… yet. Might have a cup out of withdraw phobia.

Round I: [N] –
Weigh in 180.6 – 15.6 – 61.7 – 43.8 – close to a record we’ll see when I get back to the charts.

Walking, sleeping, lifting and eating may be the key combo… as “they” say. I might have to stop BSing after training. Come home, get a meal, relax and nod. Unless I have something specific to do.

Gig: Round II: [N] –
Lunch Park’s 95% bacon bits, make a nice difference, fish, fowl, peppers, avo, ranch dressing.
Round III: [N] –

Y – today.. dead lifts, heavy.. with form. Maybe some random stuff, but I want to focus on the lift.

Round IV: [N] – YMCA




YMCA dead lift protocol – pre-supps: start low with moderate reps, go as far as possible without the wraps, opposite grip… go for it!

Weight
Rep
Comments:
140
5
Easy, working on form
230
5
Big jump, strong
280
4

320
2
Might have gotten one more
340
1
(wraps0 ones now… power
360
1
Fairly easy – confident
370
1
Solid!
390
1
Personal best. Decided to skip 380, glad I did
400
F
Don’t want to say I got greedy, but I was feeling confident. Gave it 2 tries, but I was out of fuel. Next time perhaps. Keep progressing.


Close grip barbell press: 70 x 8; 90 x 8; 120 x 6; 140 x 5: 150 x 3; 160 x 2+2 – Not sure how this compares with previous efforts, feels like 160 is my max for now.

Plate work for upper-upper- 35 lbs front raises 2 x 10: head circles 1o each direction. 1 set 45 lb front raises.

Military Power press:

50 x 8: 70 x 8; 90 x 8: 110 x 3 + 3.

Done in about an hour and a half. Long breaks b/w deadlifts. BCAA’s after. Long walk home.

Protein/gainer shake at home and cayenne. Opens the nose.. (left drip).
Worked on music.. well a mix for CSX. No stretching or anything. No ritual. Got to bed early.. relatively.






Summary 10-23-15: Happy Birthday Chris; skipped the gym today, no long walk, chilled at home, but got some light upper body work done. Tried to nap but no-go… happily interrupted.



102315 [Friday #129] – wake up and get to AMX. Kind of slow today. Sore from dead lifts yesterday. It’s been a while since heavy lifting. Glad I did it. (I may have to reinstate the options).

AMX, full gear. Lunges and squats at 22 now. 3rd round squats are goblets (12 lbs). It was a challenge @ round II… light hammie stretch after.

Tea & Chill. Up earlier and done faster = more chill time.
Weigh in – a significant jump in the weigh despite yesterday or because of it.

So one (me) wonders, is there a formula? Perhaps heavy lifting does something to stimulate weight gain. Duh… could be muscle, but the scale’s reading it as fat/resistance. Curious, but not worried. I should trust in the science and give it time. I’ve been doing fine so far.

Bkft – turkey soup, blueberries.

Round I: [T] – quick walk to the train station and up the steps. Seems stronger, more determined.

Round II: [N] – lunch, Park’s 94# - steak, salmon, turkey, avo, greens, ranch and bacon bits.

Round III: [N] – To Y or not?






Summary – 10-24-15: Last day of session 9, first day of Scorpio Sun… Made it to the Y, hangin’ with the Llama & Megan?? That’s a mystery.



102415 [Saturday #130] – Wake, AMX, full gear.. add 15 lb. db to all squat sets, still 22 reps, goblet style and wide stance on the last round. Got 12 pushups (Sphinx) last round, the problem is sliding. I think the psoas and company have adapted. There’s not much soreness on planks or lunges, balance on lunges is still not perfect, especially not the first round. Call that morning.

Weigh in – Interesting digits, back to where I was early in the week. Weighed in before tea, took BCAA’s after AMX, first time taking them in the morning. Weight and fat increased, H2O and muscle stayed the same. If I can’t have an increase in muscle and decrease in fat, I’ll take a slower increase in fat that muscle… Kind of similar results.

No rush to have tea…
Bkft turkey burger, 2 eggs, cheese, shrooms, arugula and tea.

Y today?? Back and/or chest. Did some home upper body work last night. May not have even logged it.. shoulders, shruggers, lateral raises…. Really need this upper body to be both wide and toned… and hell, strong too.. I want to be pushing up 250 lb bench presses again… on a bad day!! I don’t believe that age has to make the body weak… let’s just get stronger!  Py-Ow!

Round I: [T] – and out the door. Then four more at the gig. Wassup wit dat!?
Lunch – Park’s 86%, salmon and steak, peppers etc. Maybe back off the steak a few days a week, or at least take note of any adaptations. I don’t really want to micro-manage the Bod, tho.

What I need today – bent barbell rows, incline bench press, pull overs maybe and other stuff, maybe flies or declines.. shrugs… keep it BIG!

Round VI; [L] - ? Explains things I guess.


YMCA – pre-supps, updated mugshot & Round VI… very rare. I don’t have a clue. The invader may still be lingering… nose runs, very watery here and there and some sneezes… low energy but otherwise feeling fine and strong. Let’s get on with it.

Bent barbell row, wide grip, manageable weight I can rep with:
50 lbs x 15; 70 x 15; 75 (2 x 15)… Good weight.

Incline bench press –
75 x 10; 100 x 10 (shoulder left twinges first couple of sets, then joins in); 110 x 10; 120 x 6; 130 x 5 (had to twist a little bit on #5); 140 x 2-strong; then 3 more with a fail at #4… first time in a while going to failure.

Barbell Shrugs (bench):
250 x 10; 300 x (6+5+7); 330 x 5 – felt good, so 6 more. I should be shrugging what I’m lifting, but will have to work up to it. Need better eq for this heavy stuff. Temple maybe?

Bench press shrug –
140 x 15; 160 x 16; 190 x 20; 210 x 10

T-Bar row, close grip:

35 x 8; 45 x 8; 55 x 8; I can see the forearms flex, epi-elbow pain, more wrist/forearm work.

Protein shake after. Going to take the BCAA’s in the AM for a while. Before or after AMX?? After if I forget.


20th day of AMX today. #week eval mark tomorrow? Maybe pix? I could hit the Y after brunch.
Walk home strong from the Y. I need long walks, over 30 minutes, it seems.

Tea at la casa.
Hangin’ with the Llama @ Tria, (Megan?) salmon salad and a lot of iced tea. A blue moon and some wigglin’ at the 700 club. Nod at 0100…. And that’s all folks…


End of Session 9

No comments:

Post a Comment