Monday, February 15, 2016

SESSION XVII: 13116 – 21316

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE.....



Survival Protocol
Chapter III: Winter 122015 - 32616

 SESSION XVII: 13116 – 21316


The regimen has become routine to the point that I'm not very excited about documenting every small piece of activity. I have, however, been maintaining my goal of an average weight of 180 lbs. thus far during this Chapter/season. And there's that word again, maintaining, which I claim not to believe in. In any case, I'm going to change up the format here, probably let the charts do more of the talking. The workout schedule has been somewhat standardized... one day of High Intensity Interval Training on the treadmill and the next day of heavy lifting, in addition to the two days I teach fitness classes. The walk home has been suspended due to weather conditions... aka snow and ice on the ground, and while I managed to keep the weight down, it blew up over 180 and into the red zone on Day 1 on this session... this was also due to eating in restaurants, working a double and not getting to the gym, exactly the opposite of what's needed to get and keep the weight off - so it's reasonable weight gain. 

I need to get back into it. 

This will be the last full session before the 2016 Pisces Asian (non-smackdown) Tour. I'll be on the road three weeks, which will certainly have an impact on my fitness - I think it can have a positive affect if i maintain my discipline - i can always find a place and time to exercise, even if it's a long walk. 

Charts: 

 Let's take a look at January's charts. I find it both important and rewarding to be able to see my progress, (or decline). Here are January's results. 

 

Average weight for January was 179.8 lbs. as you can see most of the month was below 180 lbs, with a peak period during the middle of the month. don't know what happened there. 

 Fat Boy Chart: 





The magic number for this chart is 25 lbs. of fat weight. It's a rugged quest. I'll take the average 27.5 for now. Once I kick up the interval training we may see a more profound difference. They (the experts) say it gets harder to shred fat and build muscle as we age and I'm ready to agree... except that I don't know how quickly I was doing either just ten years ago, let alone twenty... when I was 225 lbs. 


Muscle Chart:

 Which brings me to muscle. Somewhere, probably diet, I am missing the mark here. Muscle weight has stayed relatively the same since I started keeping records. I was warned, but I didn't believe it and still don't accept it. Short of taking drugs, I'm going to do my best to try and crack this code. All I'm looking for is 82 lbs. (I'm only 3 lbs. away) of muscle. If the Bod looks more muscular at all, it's because of fat loss and not muscle growth. (according the scale, that is. i may be missing something else.)



 As you can see, muscle weight is steady, but quite away from my goal (green line). if you can imagine layering these charts, you'll not they're all proportional. Both fat and muscle weight rise and fall with overall body weight. 

Mass Ratio Chart:

 Which is why I keep this chart as well. 

 

This is my Muscle Mass to Body Fat ratio chart. The higher the peaks the more of a difference between muscle mass and body fat weight there is. My goal is 3 to 1. Last month I had gotten very close and if I can keep my routine together, especially the walks (2 to 2.5 miles) home, I could crack 3 to 1 barrier before the end of this month. 

Okay, so let's get into this Session. Less redundant chatter, and more charts and thoughts. Enjoy.  





What the frock am I supposed to conclude from this week’s numbers? Everything was going according to plan up until Thursday. Predictably, I figured a 40 minute walk in addition to group fitness classes for bring the weight down… and it did, but it bounced right back on Thursday and again on Friday, but balanced out over the weekend. I started steady state jogging on Friday, what a pathetic performance. Looking at the big picture, the numbers aren’t really that bad, however I’ve reset my goals; I need to build strength and endurance and drop weight. I have be able to move my body in ways that I can’t now – and I’ve got to keep myself running. Looks like I can do it almost daily, one day before I lift and the next day after. We’ll see how that works. Also started taking 3g of glutamine at some point this week, (Friday, I think) – so we’ll see if that makes any macroscopic difference.

Day
Sunday
1-31
Monday
2-1
Tuesday
2-2
Wednesday
2-3
Thursday
2-4
Friday
2-5
Saturday
2-6
Ave.
Weight
180.4
181.6
180.4
178.8
180.6
181.6
181.6
180.7
Body Fat %
15.3
15.8
15.4
15.1
15.6
15.7
15.8
15.5
BF wt.
27.6
28.69
27.78
27
28.17
28.51
28.7
28
H2O %
62
61.6
61.9
62.1
61.6
61.7
61.6
61.8
H2O wt
111.85
111.86
111.66
111.03
111.25
112.04
111.86
111.67
Muscle mass %
44
43.7
43.9
44.1
43.8
43.8
43.7
43.8
Muscle wt.
79.38
79.36
79.2
78.85
79.1
79.54
79.54
79.14
MM:BF
ratio
2.88
2.77
2.85
2.92
2.81
2.79
2.77
2.82



Summary – 1-31-16: Lansdale today. Older adult fitness cert class. And quality time with Elise.


13116 -  [Sunday #228] –  Wake at the alarm. Much sleep. Leila dream – we were discussing how cool it is when kids get [understand]  what we’re trying to teach them. (She was a teacher in this one.)

Round I: [T-L] –
Amx – joint openers, shoulder, hips, twists, hop on one foot.

Tea –
Weigh in: same
Bkft – lentils & cheese.
Round II: [T] –

Lansdale YMCA – Class cert. Got a good walk from the train station.
T-Mix and H20
Meal – grilled chicken salad. Walked to get it. Took out the croutons.
Round III: [M] – Post test, cruel.

Tea and Mussels with Elise, 2 x iced tea. And there was bread, sour dough with olive oil, I indulged.

Funky ride on the train. Got in bed at a decent time.



Summary – 2-1-16: Red Zone, I knew this was coming. AMX, the usual – lift at the Y, teach Functional Fitness, walk to the market (half way home) get to bed early. Fix this shish tomorrow.


20116  - [Monday #229] –  wake at alarm and groggy. AMX, run, stretch, twist, open.

Gig- T-mix.
Lunch – park’s 92% wt turkey & salmon.
Round I: [N] –
Round II: [N] –

YMCA – The work
Deadlifts, classic style, pyramid strategy.
135 x 10; 225 x 8; 275 x 6; 315 x 3; No wraps, weak grip.
Part 2: add wraps, strong grip, single lifts: 325 & 365 Finally!!! (Got some ego-boosting looks from the young’n’s. All I could say was, “You can get there too.”) I had a simultaneous feeling of pride and humility. I was surprised they were amazed, but I also knew this was not my max and not where I wanted to be. Yet, another week stronger.

Shrugs: 225 x 12, 265 x 10, 315 x 5, 375 x (a hard five)  410 2 pick up/holds. Glad for the squat rack for this reason and others. Just lifted it two inches up… but it’s a start.
Super set – jumping squats w/ 30 lb dumbbells.
Leg Press – 2 plate for reps… 3 plates 3 sets.
Pull ups – 3 sets, 6 to 7 reps.

BCAA’s & BY  - Granola bar post.
Functional Fitness was good. Participation from me about 40%. Cheese after.
Walk to HMart, restock for Turkey stew.
Home, shake, protein/creatine/pbutter/egg and cayenne.
Early to bed.

 

Summary – 2-2-16: early stretch, long walk, two classes, 5 rounds. Temple Tuesday.

20216 -  [Tuesday #230] –  wake 0400 and stretch.
Round I: [NF] –
Bkft Bottom of the barrel lamb soup… done.
Round II: [N] –

What would I do daily, if I could do anything?

Lunch Park’s 79% chicken, big shrooms, avos, toms, salad.

Round III: [N] –
Round IV: [N] –
Round V [ L-N] – opportunity.

Walk 40 minutes from the gig to Temple. Then tea. BCAA’s & BY, jump rope and balance before session.
CSX good class/group. 60% participation on my part, and good wind/breath.
Good group for Aqua Box, new people, one regular.. Faith. Apple, afterwards. Tea at home, and some snacks [handfuls of cashews usually]. Quick update film and to bed. Moisture got to the baby toe, right foot. Tired but not sore…. Yet, expecting some calf adaptations… Yeah baby!!


Summary – 2-3-16: Completed HIIT#10 today at the Y, but it was weak. Walked home. Wet and warm and humid. Weight dropped.


20316 -  [Wednesday #231] –  The walk, the work and the rounds… looks like this combo dropped us back into the “normal” zone… 178.8 lbs and a 2.91:1 ratio. Teasing the 3:1.
Woke at the normal time. Didn’t take too much time with AMX, the usual twisting and stretching, hip and shoulder openers and finished up with 40 pushups just to see how many I could do. It’s more important to me to stretch in the morning that do strong man stuff… for now anyway.

I can get a little crazy right? 2-03-16 YMCA
I ordered more supps; glutamine and maca. Looking to track the effects of the glutamine, somehow I feel I should have been taking it long ago, (Oh, I was, in power drinks and such, but never straight.)

Tea and lentils, egg and cheese for breakfast. This has been my default breakfast for a while now. I’ve heard good reviews about eating lentils. I like the red ones.

Only had two bouts today. And really felt sluggish most of the day. Probably the weather.

Turkey salad with the usual goodies for lunch, 85% from park’s of course. It’s my go to spot.

The YMCA performance was sub-par as far as I’m concerned. HIIT #10 is done. Max speed was only 7 mph. Felt the stress in my chest and wanted to quit after the first interval, but I stuck it out for 34 minutes. Even the walking intervals were slower than usual.

Did the body work stuff after; handstand pushups, wide pull ups, inner reverse pull-ups, and 3 sets of pushups on the stability ball. I got better at this.

Walked home, had a shake then a cup of tea. Started chores, and might have updated the Goodbye Philly blog, read some of my trainer manual and dozed off.

And THAT was my exciting day.


Summary – 2-4-16: No proper work out today. Had chores and felt lethargic… and paid! 4 Rounds.

20416 -  [Thursday #232] –   Food prep and chores over AMX this morning – tea.  Put the turkey soup on this morning and finished up laundry.
Round I: [N] –
Bkft – lentils, scallions, peppers…
Chlorella and pre-supps.
Gig: Round II: [SS] –
Round III: [N-B] – this sucks.
Park’s 91% turkey, egg, carrots, avos, salad – Jupiter… egg?
Round IV: [X-F] –

Thinking about home work today. Home work turned out to be house work. The only iron I pumped was a hot iron across my clothes. However, I did get the TV out, which will open up porch space for the record store.

Turkey soup is super spicy!! I can get used to it. Took supps after the soup. Glutamine starts tomorrow w/ Maca.

Apple, cashews and chlorella before bed. Thoughts of Pop and Elise. Lift tomorrow. I need to take one day off during the week or at least have a moderate day. It should be Wednesday. I should be able to hit the Y Saturday and Sunday. Next treadmill is steady state. Big right toe sore, but better than it was. 


Summary – 2-5-16: Red Zone – ugh! Lifted at the Y. started glutamine supplements, Last day of work… this week. Dayum.. 5 days!


20516 -  [Friday #233] –   Red Alert!!! 

Woke before the alarm… AMX openers, shoulders hips, twist stretch, 20 pushups… arms slightly behind the shoulders (at chest).

Tea, Round I: [T] –
Numbers are shocking! But I’m not that surprised. No workout yesterday. Probably add Vit C today. Nose has been active.

Bkft – turkey soup, spicy… and nose clearing. Snowing out this morning.

Round II: [N] - @ the gig and feel like I’ll be following thisup quickly. Feel sluggish today, too. But, it’s a Friday – Friday, so I’m gonna force the Y today. Front squats, row and press-holds, if possible. Maybe some other stuff. Left side psoas needs lengthening, more stretch here.

Round III: [X-K] – right back at’cha. Turkey soup perhaps? Spicy turkey soup.
Lunch 79% - salmon, no avos.
Kung-Fu flicks for energy.

YMCA – Round IV: [L-N]
The work – Pre-supps ½ BCAA & BY

Bench first, light weight, high reps, first set 20 reps. (worked w/ Sammy). I think I finished up with 3 reps of 185…. Kind of pathetic, because this is where I was when I started waaay back.

Front squats – lite and high reps to single 185 squat. Okay, go slow, get the balance.
45 plate front raises, 3 x 10.
Pull ups, 1 x 10 (w/ Dan)
Reverse grip bent row, 135 lbs 3 x 6…. Done.

Glutamine, BCAAs & BY (the back half).
Walk home, < 35 minutes?? Really?
Home – shake, pro-cr-pbutter-cayenne, egg.

Round IV [T] – Makin’ me late – Kirtan, Hare Krishna meet up… tried to meditate for an hour and got pretty close (w/ Donna Marie).

Walk down south st. meet up with the Llama for salmon salad at Tria, & beer.

90 minutes of dancing at Trestle Inn… carnival with Argo & Lexx…. Got in just after midnight.


Summary – 2-6-16: Got a bit of walking in and first day of steady state “jogging” on the treadmill.

20616 -  [Saturday #234] –  In at midnight, up at 0800; 8 hrs sleep, 2x tea. AMX, stretch, mostly shoulders. Tight up top from yesterday’s work. Numbers are off, further than yesterday. Same body weight, though I blame the beer, but I shouldn’t.

Round I: [N] – before anything.
Bkft – omelet cheese, shrooms, and scallions for late brunch. Chores to do, errands actually… haircut and license pic (didn’t happen). I can hike most of this. Chilly-mild day… should be okay. AM Vits, CLA, etc & glutamine/maca, too.

Walk to 6-9 haircut. Walk to Y from Barclay square, 10 minutes.

YMCA – I returned to tackle my nemesis again. Steady state running. Only it wasn’t steady. I managed 5 minutes at 4.8 – 5 mph… a jog and the rest was intervals of walk/jog. This was a pathetic start and the specter or senescence  is playing up in my mind. It’s an enemy that must be subdued, if not conquered. 30 minutes. Handstand pushups and various other work. In for an hour.

BCAA’s BY, Glute & Maca front-back.
I look good though.
Ride home: shake
Tea, tired, sore.

I should switch attention to upper and upper-upper for a while, back-chest first, then legs and running.

Such a poor run performance gives me much room for improvement.

Meal – Turkey soup
Movement exercise – shoulders mostly, hips and neck.
Kwyi-Chang is sore.
Got to bed at a decent time. Blogged & read… Mellow eve.

End of Part one of Session 17


This was a frustrating week. I’ve tightened my parameters, which is why there are such pretty colors on the chart. ANYTHING over 180 is unacceptable. However, taken in context – of say last year – the numbers are great. So just a quick flashback to this week in 2015; Average body weight for the week was 189.5 lbs; fat weight was 34 lbs. and muscle weight, well almost 81 lbs; but the ratio was 2.37:1. So although my muscle weight was higher, there was too much fat. This week, as you can see on the table, things are much better than last year… but once again… perspective. Last week things were better, and two weeks ago they were exciting! The numbers have been moving away from goal steadily since mid-chapter. Of course I’m wondering why, because I want to find the fix. Anyway – I switched up from HIIT on the treadmill to steady state, which has been brutal. I don’t think this is the cause of the decline, I’m actually looking at the weather, and possibly the week I had one day off, which was filled with taking a certification course – (speaking of which I’m now certified to train Older Adults). The trick is – nonetheless to stay with the process. It could be one of the elements I mentioned, a combination of all or something different. I’ll just keep truckin’ along… despite the digits, I’m pretty sure I’m still improving.

Day
Sunday
2-7
Monday
2-8
Tuesday
2-9
Wednesday
2-10
Thursday
2-11
Friday
2-12
Saturday
2-13
Ave.
Weight
181.6
181.6
180.6
180.6
181.8
180.8
180.8
181.1
Body Fat %
15.6
15.6
15.6
15.7
15.9
15.6
15.5
15.6
BF wt.
28.33
28.33
28.2
28.39
28.91
28.2
28
28.25
H2O %
61.7
61.7
61.7
61.7
61.5
61.7
61.8
61.7
H2O wt
112
112
111.43
111.43
111.8
111.55
111.73
111.74
Muscle mass %
43.8
43.8
43.8
43.8
43.7
43.8
43.9
43.8
Muscle wt.
79.54
79.54
79.2
79.2
79.45
79.2
79.37
79.32
MM:BF
ratio
2.81
2.81
2.81
2.79
2.75
2.81
2.83
2.81





Summary – 2-7-16: Day off , lifting early at the Y, walk home… late weight, Apparently there’s a Super Bowl today.

20716 [Sunday #235] –  wake 0800.. no AMX today. Tea, no weigh in, maybe after the Y. Got some writing done, and thinking. Going to lift early today. Felt a bit sore in the throat – 4 Vit-C. Got lentils on the stove. I feel like getting out.. need better planning. Probably a good day to get on the porch… don’t want too much stuff on there while I’m away. May get some traps while I’m out – Oh.. walk to market today too.. (didn’t happen). But, the Y… lift, upper body first, then legs, then jog. Maybe I can run the treadmill daily & switch up between before lifting and after. Get this!!!

Round I: [N] – early.

Note: when I’m upset, hurt, disappointed, I write, then I withdraw. [More getting to know and understand myself through my habits/practices.]

Round II: [N] – walk to trolley 20 minutes.

YMCA – Mostly upper body.
Military Press: many sets from bare bar to 95 lbs. countdown reps, from 10 down to 1, [e.g. 10,8,6,5…]

Incline Press + 45 plate front raises super set. Incline is slow and heavy… I’m weak, but look good. I’m allowing that the new equipment gets some getting used to, as my excuse for the drop in pounds. The very LAST excuse I use is age!

Upper body cable stuff, no name for these pulls. They were behind the back.

Bent flies: 30 lbs 3 x 10.
20 Minutes treadmill… 5 – 5 – 4 – 6 (run-walk). Stats 134 MHR , 5.0 mph (about 4.8) is a good rate, lumbering along. Walk speed 3.2 – 3.7, breathing hard.  
Done 80 minutes.
BCAA & BY before/after split. Glutamine & Maca post. (Taking 3g of glute a day, see what happens.)

I feel al ittle better on the treadmill today, but I’m back to being that bulky guy… slow run and 20 lbs lighter. I need to knock off these 10… bastards!!!

I’m walkin’ home…
Walk home, apple on the way.
Shake & tea. Plain H2O in the shake made a difference, coconut h2o is thicker.
Late weigh in 181.6 15.6 61.7 43.8 – didn’t make a difference. Seems I’m heavier since I started running, ut it could be other things too. I feel better since running, though. Seems like the usual strategy isn’t having the usual effect.

Should do chores… but, nothing else to do. More tea. Read, study.
Upper body is sore. Gonna switch focus this month. Body weight on vacation and more running.
Meal – turkey soup.
Got to remember chlorella.
Notes to self.

  

Summary – 2-8-16: back to work today; YMCA treadmill and Functional Fitness… strong day.

20816 [Monday #236] –  wake – normal morning. AMX – open shoulders, leg raises, hip openers, bend-overs, standing leg curls.

Tea.. Vit C 1g. sore throat, but different from the last time, more towards the center.
Bkft: lentils, cheese, egg.
Am vits.
Weigh in – still red.
Gig: Round I: [N]
Round II: [N] –
Lunch 80% Chicken, avos, cheese, salad, peppers.
Round III: [N] – Y-bound

YMCA –
Treadmill first 30 minutes 1 – walk; 7 – run – 2w – 4r – maybe/ finished up with a 5 minute run. 5.0 mph, 150 – 153 max HR, over 2 miles 290-ish calories. Just some stats to compare later… followed by body work.

Handstand pushups, wide pull ups, inverted hang, single leg press 140 lbs 1 set of 10 lunges 25 lbs. then teach class.
Supps: Split the BCAA/BY into two doses, Glute & Maca.
Short walk. Food shopping, No shake today, p-butter, cinnamon and honey 2x tea, feeling vibrant… or vivrant.  Stronger on the treadmill. Snow tomorrow? Maybe just classes and Monkey shopping, later to be tonight.


Summary – 2-9-16: Better numbers. Temple Tuesday, walk 40 minutes, teach two classes. Moderate participation.

 20916 [Tuesday #237]  - Awakened by the alarm, I may have been unconscious earlier – but had no idea about getting to work.

AMX- The usual, mostly hip openers. No soreness from yesterday.
Tea.
Round I: [N] –
Weigh in: weight’s down but the digits are steady, so everything drop proportionately.
Bkft- lentils, cheese, egg.

Feeling pretty good today – sleepy – but the Bod isn’t sore for the first time in a while. No sore throat today.
Gig: Round II: [N] –
Lunch – Lamb salad from the cart, pretty hefty. I think the lamb is cut with fillers.
Long wait at the PennDOT for new photo, nothing accomplished.
Round III: [N] – lamb salad is heavy, lots of lamb too.
Round IV: [X-N] – Long walk in the cold/snow to TU.. about 45 minutes. Cup of tea after.
CSX – good, 40% from me. Banana after and all supps taken…
Aqua Box was good – 2 people, not bad considering the snow.
Home and a little piddling, tea, and bed. That’s what Tuesdays are like these days.


Summary – 2-10-16: Hey Elli – bizarre dream, big lunch and lifting at the Y, walk home.

21016 [Wednesday #238] –   Bizarro dream f. Elliot and cars; a 74 Elite and maybe the station wagon Maaahk andI left in Shelburne, Nova Scotia. Never really thought of Elli that way – we were a couple in the dream – so maybe she represented someone else. Who knows?

Slept right up to the alarm. Didn’t hear any music r anything in the dreams. 0400 – start the day. AMX, stretch, etc.. the usual. I think the hips are opening, but it’s a slow process.

Weigh in: Fat is higher despite repeating last week; walk, 2 classes and no dinner. So wondering if the new supps schedule is making the difference.

Bkft – kale, lentils, egg, cheese. Eh! (kale) seems filling, got leftovers. I usually finish that off when I get home.
AM supps, Glute, arg, Carn, CLA, Maca… adding more aminos. We shall track and see. Could be winter fat layer too. Weather has been clder this month.

Left nostril stuffed at wake up and there was aqua stuff (the color) in my dream.

Gig: Round I: [N] – feel strong today. Soreness in the left psoas/hip area as usual.
Lunch 96% park’s, turkey & salmon, egg, avos, salad.
Round II: [N] –

I’ve got that tired end-of-the-day feeling, but I MUST hit the gym. I’ll feel better there.

YMCA – pre and post supps.

Bench press- start with 20 reps @ 95 lbs; drop reps, increase weight, peaked at 190 lbs 2 reps. Yes, feeling it. Sammy on spot.

Dead press, static holds, up-shrugs: start 135 end 185. Better than last time.
Snatch-ups and jumping squats;
Snatch start 65 – end 135!! These were tough, but Yeah!!! 2 reps.
Jump squats 35 lbs. 1 x 8; then 3 x 10 – freekin’ cardio!!!
Single leg press – 90lbs. 3 rounds.
Pull down behind the back (cable) – 40 lbs.
Went for handstands, but weak on that one
Done – walk home. More than 40 minutes this time. Cold!
Home – shake, p-butter & bananas. Finish up the lentils. Tea and food prep. Made some purple cabbage and ginger mix (and fermented some) and it’s actually good! It’s like a salad, it’s a bit sea salty though.

That is all. Oh, 1g Vit-C before bed.


Summary – 2-11-16: It was a cold one, but I made it to the gym. So-so day on the treadmill, body-weight training was good. Walk home, shake, to be early. Been opting out of dinner most of this week. Just a small handful of almonds or peanuts before bed.


21116 [Thursday #239] –   wake 0400.. AMX.. the usual and tea… and almonds to get things going.

The digits – all this week I’ve been running, lifting and walking or aerobics’ing – weight’s up, with a rise in fat (blockage from the scale’s perspective), and more energy and less soreness. Wondering if the new supps therapy has something to do with this. 3g glutamine and 2g maca per day since?? First does in the AM w/ breakfast, last does after the workout.

Bkft btw – spicy turkey soup and the other supps, CLA, arginine and carnitine as well.

Looking over the notes, I did put away a lot of food in the last two days so perhaps that has something to do with it too. I’m guessing the lamb salad, because that was an unusual addition to the routine. Weekend off is coming, so long sleep and a chance to gym more. Today is a treadmill day at the Y.

Round I: [BFT] Gig.
Round II: [X-N] – felt weak after this battle.
Lunch – Park’s 62% chicken & greens, I brought my own guac to dip.
Round III: [X-N] –

YMCA – Treadmill stats: 1 – warm up 7 – 5.2 mph 2w-3r and that was the pattern until the last five minutes when I was determined to go 5 straight and keep the speed above 4 mph… and did the old man trot. I’ve lost a lot as far as the treadmill goes. Max HR was lower than a few days ago… about mid 140s – that’s a good sign. Running a bit faster/stronger and heart is working more efficiently.

I’m still fighting (denying) the age excuse – but progress is not coming as quickly as in the recent past… even backpack running, I got to two miles quicker. No excuses, keep going. 30 – 32 minutes today.

Body work stuff – hand stand pushups, leg curlups (bench) 1 arm triceps, wide pull ups, inverted dips and a few other goodies, but no pushups.

Done 90 minutes, supps, pre and post. Walk home. Shake bananas & p-butter cayenne.

Round IV: [BFT] late one, something’s different.
Tea .. Got certification for Older Adult Fitness… whew!!
Maybe bed early, the Kid is tired.






Summary – 2-12-16: Numbers get better, but still orange. 5th straight day at the Y and a partial walk home. Last day at the gig this week. Cold weekend ahead.


21216 [Friday #240] –  wake 0400. AMX – normal/standard. Cold ass day. 16F!

BKFT – turkey soup and kale.
Weigh in #’s better, but not best.
Gig: Round I: [N] –
Been walking backwards up the steps at home, 2 or 3 days now.
Round II: [X-N] – Hot Chocolate
Lunch – Park’s 79% meat, chicken, bacon, turkey, toms, spinach, slaw – slow meal.
Round III: [N] –
Yogurt –
Round IV: [X-K]

YMCA – Upper Body
Start with incline bench, not heavy. Making a slow comeback.
Shrugs, no wraps, took gloves off too for heavier lifts.
Military press working from light weight to heavy.
Cable work, exotic, pulls, reverse grip stuff for upper body.
Tired in the gym. Today was 5th day straight.
Walk home, partially. Got a ride/caught up with Vinnie. B.
Home – tea, maybe shake later? [Nope].
2x tea. P-butter, honey-cinnamon.
Chlorella – to bed early.
No worries – Keep warm.




This chart compares 2016 (green) and '15 (purple) week by week. The orange line is my body weigh goal.
 The Friday Weight Chart. As we can see, we started close to 10 pounds lower than this time last year, but we seem to be gaining. I may have been on some 90 day fitness regimen last year or something. Weight was up this past week enough to affect the average, but it IS winter, so maybe I can blame it on that. We'll see. As the weather gets warmer and if i can get my butt outside to train again, I may be able to copy last year's pattern. 175 is a lofty enough goal and 170 is probably insane... but i have to get all unnecessary weight off of me, muscle up and and get stronger, not just to prove something to myself, but to be more agile, mobile and flexible. I don't want to spend the next decade or two sitting around getting soft. 






Summary – 2-13-16: Too damn cold to worry about anything but keeping warm. Stayed in, hung out later.




21316 [Saturday #241] –  good morning. 11 hours sleep. Sunny, cold day. Up at 0800 AMX mostly movement, joints, openers, hips shoulders, rotations. Good wake up stuff.
Treadmill day – maybe.. or walk to the market. Haven’t decided yet. Not looking fwd to Val day when shopping.
Tea then – weigh in – better digits… fat weigh dropped, like 1/5 of a pound.
Bkft – shake and supps – banana, p-butter cinnamon, honey, pro-creatine. Thick
Meal – spinach and mushroom in butter, yum. Forgot – maybe this will be a vegge weekend
Daily vits.
Round I: [NF] 1520 Long time passing. (Been in all day). Snack, guac, cabbage, really tasty, but mr. stomach isn’t used to this, so there will be adjustments; not that I’m complaining.
Round II: [BFF] –
Round III: [D] – oh yeah.
Meal; salmon salad with the Lama, 3x iced tea.[N. 3rd]. still vege today. Eve vits, aminos and glute and maca – see results tomorrow. No workout at gym, but healthy eating.

Chlorella, bed. Decent hour. Early treadmill y tomorrow? Stay vegge? Mom’s 1700.
And a new Session… brining in the Pisces Season.


End of Session 17

No comments:

Post a Comment