Monday, August 31, 2015

Session V: 81615 – 82915

For your protection you can only count on yourself!



Survival Protocol
Chapter I: Summer 61915 - 92615

Session V: 81615 - 82915



Happy birthday Pop. Let’s start session 5



Looking over this week’s numbers I’m letting out, “le sigh.” On the one hand it’s boring. I’m used to a more volatile journey. On the other hand, I’m maintaining and my average weight dropped by .01% even though it rose at the end of this week. This year’s (2015) average weight is 184.3 and I’m pressing it, however this time last year I was about 5 lbs heavier. I’m going to have to get my shish together, get back outside and stop making excuses. I am very dissatisfied with these numbers, (although I say I’m not attaching myself to them; when I am attached I make better progress. What does that tell you?) I need to do what I have to to get my weight back to 178 - 180 and my ratio back over 2.5:1!



Day
Sunday
8-16
Monday
8-17
Tuesday
8-18
Wednesday
8-19
Thursday
8-20
Friday
8-21
*Saturday
8-22
Ave.
Weight
182.4
182.4
182.4
182.4
182.4
184.8
184.8
183.1
Body Fat %
17.4
17.2
17.4
17.2
17.9
17.2
17.4
17.4
BF wt.
31.74
31.37
31.74
31.37
32.65
31.79
32.16
31.86
H2O %
60.4
60.6
60.4
60.6
60.0
60.2
60.3
60.4
H2O wt
110.17
110.53
110.17
110.53
109.44
111.25
111.43
110.6
Muscle mass %
42.9
43
42.9
43
42.6
42.7
42.8
42.8
Muscle wt.
78.25
78.43
78.25
78.43
77.7
78.91
79.03
78.36
MM:BF
Ratio
2.47
2.5
2.47
2.5
2.38
2.48
2.46
2.46




Summary 8-16-15: Pop’s birth anniversary (1928 - 2008). Start of session 5. Kind of a recovery day, some light stuff at home. Late brunch at Tria.



81615 [Sunday #59] – Slept in. Welcome to session 5. Feels like time is speeding up. I don’t have any wise words to start THIS SESSION… YET. Generally speaking I am satisfied with my exercise progress and slowly freeing myself from the power of the numbers on the scale. I continue to micro-analyze the digits in my head – but outwardly I give an ‘eh’ and try not to have expectations. (short term expectations, that is.)



Today would be a lifting day (Option #1) if the day itself doesn’t get in the way. More than likely I’ll lift a little at home. Maybe meet up with Fram, friends, etc. & eat out.



Round I: [N] – then what?



Guacamole… not breakfast, but…

Round II: [SS]



AMX – lots of arm waving and rotations got to get used to moving arms in unusual motions for more shoulder flexibility and the same goes for hip flexibility. Starting ‘just-one-more’ for burpees 1 x 5 – proper types nothing extreme.


Trying to decide whether to lift today or not. (@ the Y or @ home.) It’s hot out and heavy lifting on a day after a nightlife isn’t always beneficial. But I can do some light vanity stuff at home – maybe I’ll be strong Monday after work and before YGX. I’m leaning towards Home – work.

Bkft ½ omelet w/ shrooms and toms (shrooms got to go). I need more food supplies. Maybe later.

Third cup of tea. I should do something, but I was out all day yesterday… balance… I can hermit today. Upper palette is swollen, think I got a piece of food stuck yesterday.

Lamb stew… maybe I’ll shop after late brunch with Doc. F.

Round III: [N] –

Nice walk through the sun on the way to tria. Mussels w/ bread and iced tea. No jitters. I am energetic – maybe some home work. Oh yeah. Had a 31 min nap before the snack.

Got some light work with weights & bands before I nodded.

Chlorella before bed. Weight wise it doesn’t seem to make a difference. But faith in removing toxins.  



Summary 8-17-15 – Monday’s are usually good workout days. Got up and did the morning workout mix 4 x 51 pushups, did Option #1 at the Y before functional fitness. I worked it today.

81715 [Monday #60] – 1 snooze – but sketchy sleep, probably too much caffeine yesterday. Anyway – get up, do work. AMX on schedule.

Set
Reps
exercise
4
51
pushups
4
70
Sidekicks (total)
4
30
Bridges
4
100
Crunches (3 sets legs up, 1 set bent)

Weigh in – slightly better.
Goat stew for breakfast and it’s done.

Round I: [N]
Round II: [SS-D] – Lunch, park’s 93% usual good, dark meet turkey, broc & cauli too. Taking it slow on todays lunch. It seems like a lot.
Round III: [D] – legs actually feel good. Good thing too, O-1 is leg intensive. There’s a pattern. 
Round IV: [DP] – what’s that about? Goat, chlorella? Leaning towards goat.

Option #1 plan of the day (weights) 140; 70; 90; 135 + brick.

There are normal days, strong days and then today… it was a weak one. Low strength, low energy, low ambition. Nonetheless… Option #1 Right after …

Round V: [LD] = well not literally.


Option #1 – protocol has been modified. I’m still going for 4 sets of 15. I’ve elevated to a point that I have to work my way into the protocol. So anyway, here we go…

Romanian dead lift: 140 lbs – 4 x 15. Tough, ut I was tougher. Go to 150.

Thrusters – these do me in. 4 x 10, 70 lbs. Is this my first time doing 70 lbs.? definitely staying here. The shoulder is stronger – no need for therapy b/w sets. I’m just going to imagine the benefits as I’ll have on the way to 140 lbs.

Lunges (back) – 90 lbs. 4 x 10 staying here for as long as it takes. Emphasize balance and stride, over weight. 90 is good.

Leg curls – 142.5 Cable: 15, 12, 2 x 10… staying here too and feeling weaker.

Post protein & BCAA’s then YGX


Functional Fitness (YGX) was fun over all.. I had enough energy for about 50% participation. Got through it. Rode home. Got some lemons for the elixir.

It’s hot and human, like weather soup. Made elixir, tea of course, coconut H2O. Two scoops of peanut butter. Pretty much chilled and went to bed. No proper dinner… wasn’t really hungry.


Summary 8-18-15 – Today was draggy and low energy especially at the gig. I later suspected there was something going on in the gut. (I think it was the mushrooms in that omelet a few days back.) Nonetheless I hit the Y and did a mini – quasi-vanity workout with some exercises I haven’t done in a while. I felt better afterwards… as usual.


81815 [Tuesday #61] – 1 snooze – wake – motion, rotation, stretch.. not sore yet from yesterday. Slept pretty well.

Tea –

Digits are steady. I didn’t have a big set back. I skipped dinner – wasn’t hungry (except almonds & peanut butter). I may have a bkft shake today. Not really feeling solid food. This might mean an early lunch. Time to make turkey soup. I could prepare for a workout today. Maybe the park or a long walk. Maybe take the trolley so I’ll have that parkway walk… or it might be a good vanity day.

Round I: [N]…
Round II: [SS] – think I’ll hit the Y .. vanity day and still do Option #2 tomorrow.

YMCA Mini – I had lofty goals, but when I got there I realized something is happening in the gut. So I did 1 arm rows, 60 lbs 4 x 15 each; Calf raises on the smith 180 lbs on the bar 4 x 20, and wrist curls 1 x 30 2 20 lbs and 3 x 20 w/ 30 lbs. Then finished off with hip adductors 150 lbs cable 4 x 15. My hips are very tight, they do not spread.
Occasional selfie - YMCA 8-18-15

Round IV & V: [SS-G] 2 the Y. I felt a little bit better when I left, (pre-supps and post protein & BCAA’s) elixir after the ride home. And tea, ‘of course’.

Figuring to stay off the net @ home unless I have to buy or book something. Maybe I’ll get serious about cleaning the house. I think Bod’s telling me it wants a vegge vacation. Not sure how that will play, the way I eat lunch.

Still not hungry. Had some almonds and blobs and honey. Weight work – shoulders & biceps as I’m chillin’. Bet I can have another tea.

Vitamin kill list: E & 12.. unnecessary.
Restock, Yohimbe, Carnatine, BCAAs.
9-03-2010... Just about 5 years ago, haven't lost much.

Looks like I made it successfully through the night w/o the net. Cleaned fridge – much room now and no more high fructose corn syrup in there. I may need to jump on for info – but I made an account for that.

Feeling better than earlier. Closing out the eve with tea. Maybe a rinse. AMX tomorrow, going for 52 pushups, maybe increase the bridges too. Slight soreness-ish, left gluteus midius..

I should mention that beauty on the train. She’s a vision <smiles>.






Summary 8-19-15 – I think today stated out very lazy – or perhaps burnt out. I got up and got the job done and then went to the Y after the gig and kind of surprised myself, in a very pleasing way during the bench press segment of Option #2.

81915 [Wednesday #62] – I’m just going to consider the 20 minutes, or so minutes that I “snooze” or sometimes lie awake in my bed as prep time. Sometimes I use it to imagine what my day will be like; think about what exercises I’ll do for the AMX and even to recall what day it is.

This morning I debated as to whether I’d go with sun salutations, skip the workout all together or go ahead and do the pushups – it’s a pushups day.

I ended up doing some stuff… which included 4 x 52 pushups and 1 set of 35 bridges. The other stuff had to do with opening shoulders area and hips flexibility.

The numbers seem to be playing a back and forth game. Weight is steady, but fat-H2O-MM is just bouncing back and forth. There was no big dinner last night, nor was there any big hunger and no weight loss. Looks like my weight isn’t food-based at this point.

Round I: [GS] – I started taking 3 steps at a time at the train station and jumping off of buses (when they stop), like I was a kid. It feels pretty good. My legs feel solid. The impact is well absorbed.

Option #2 is scheduled today at the Y. Upper body day – presses and rows… maybe a few extras if the energy sticks around.

Round II: [SS] – headed to lunch, but failed to mention breakfast – Chocolate gainer shake, egg, blueberries and strawberries, peanut butter in coconut H2O – darn forgot to add the CO – I’ve been slacking on that coconut oil lately.

Not very hungry at lunch. Still have the trail mix during the first half of work.

Round III: [SS]-

Park’s 96% salmon and salad stuff, and hot peppers.  Not very hungry, just ate half.

Here’s the setup for O-2; 100 – 120 – 120 – 105 cable. Take the time… hoping for some energy today.

Looks like I need less to eat. Saving some lunch for tomorrow and still not hungry. Let’s see what Bod does at the Y today.

Round IV: [LD] – I am considering the possibility that Bod is battling an invader. I thought it was the mushrooms but… it might have been a cascading effect or maybe I’m just imagining.

O-2 – early success, made it through, nothing extra, pre & post – details follow.

Round V: [NSB] back to normal, it seems.


Option #2: Working for it until I get it!


Incline bench press. Goal 4 x 15; weight 100 lbs.
Actual – 10 – 15 – 2 x 11
With shoulder therapy between sets. The shoulder is stronger, only slight pain. This is the first attempt at 100… well first official attempt.

Bent row – Goal & weight the same. Mind the neg.
4 x 15 done, but not smooth. I’m fine lifting to the belly, but the higher I lift the harder it is. Good idea to stay here until I can get all or most up to the chest/solar plexus – no need piling on weight I can’t control. Get stronger chump!

Bench press – 120 lbs. 4 x 15 – Made it and relatively easy and I was very happy about that. Somewhere in the back of my mind my strength is still defined by my bench press, although it’s a myth and I try to fight it, when I’m benching well, I feel more jacked! Going to take this up 10 – 20 lbs. I want to get back to using those 45 lb. plates.. I feel like I’m working my way back to zero. Would love to get 4 sets of 15 benching my body weight. That’s the next milestone. This was fairly easy and the shoulder held up… which helped make it easy. But keep going slow.

Lat Pull downs – cable 105 lbs. first two sets were successful (2 x 15) after that I had to settle for 2 x 10s, so I’m staying at this resistance. But I am getting stronger at least in terms of how much weight I can move how many times. Improvement is what I’m after. Not maintenance and especially not loss.

This actually took 60 minutes – time went quickly.


Rode home, did some food shopping. Late meal, pork & spinach. Elixir before, tea after. So much for the vegge vacation.

Worn out today, but very happy about the bench presses… especially after this morning’s 4 x 52.

2x tea – brings the sweat – cooling off tonight. No closing rituals. I may have to pick them up again next week.


Summary 8-20-15: First the first time, in a long time no AMX today. No training/exercise. Hung out with Stazja and probably ate too much. This weekend I expect more of the same.


82015 [Thursday #63] – I rolled over 2 0400 and shut off the alarm… 10 minutes later, it was 0512!! So AMX was cancelled this morning. I slept in until 0535; figured I could use the extra rest after two strong sessions yesterday. So straight from the shower to the scale. The numbers suggest the AMX makes a difference.

They also suggest that – well it looks like fat & muscle are battling it out, but it’s more likely the electro-pulse or body density (fat?) changes… whatever. Set point 182.4 – a good place to be. Back to the idea of 175 being too  light dominates. (Notwithstanding the 176.2 of late May.)

Morning tea.. and will probably extend the fast to the gig… but maybe… too late. The t-mix will be breakfast.

The gig: Leftover lunch is today’s breakfast. Overall, I think I ate less yesterday, yet fat is up. Maybe I should start eating more – I need to make a plan.

This could be the first day in a long time I’ve had no exercise session.

OK – no bouts thus far and not hungry passed the normal lunch time. Will probably go out 1230… small snack. Unusual day – but it might do me good. Travel day tomorrow and weekend away again. Ahhhh August.

Round I [N] – Late lunch, Park’s 87% - mushrooms and peppers, salmon chicken and veggies.

Round II: [N] – Out, meet up with Stazja.

Meal – Tria – burger and iced tea – several refills & sugar.
Nice walk across town – Race St. Café – dark & snappy (not as good0 w/ Bennie & Stazja. I think I’m a little buzzed.

Tea, H2O, coconut H2O @ Home. ACV before bed. Hot & Muggy.


Summary 8-21-15: Travel day, but I still got up and got my AM eXercise done. 4 x 53 pushups, bridges, kicks, etc. let the weekend begin. I’ll be paying for this one, in Maplewood, NJ.

82115 [Friday #64] – it was a battle… get up, or stay in bed. Tired, but not sleepy. Up before 0500 but feel like I lost some momentum due to yesterday’s break… nonetheless; Got back to AMX featuring 4 x 53 pushups… but since it’s a day off/travel day I was able to spread it out over an hour or more. So, pushups, sidekicks, 3 x 70, leg lateral raises (on knees) 2 x 40 each; 3 x 35 bridges – shadow box with 3 lbs & 5 lbs, but it was slow and steady… not very intense. The weather is heavy. Cool out, but the humidity keeps the air from moving.

Cup of tea. Belly is too fat, esp at the bottom. Makes me want to go vegge-cardio… but I know what that gets me. So stick with the strength. Mon-Tues will be cardio enough next month. However I still want to do more outside.

184.8 17.7 – 60.2 – 42.7 (so much for set weight, eh.. ha ha) – Makes sense after yesterday. Feeling sleepy – even had a 31 minute nap. Probably need to eat more than blueberries and almonds.

Round I: [N] – necessary. The results of ‘break/cheat’ day almost feel not worth it. Pork and spinach for breakfast. Maybe even another cup of tea before heading out.

Meal – Maplewood, NJ – Big chicken salad 7 goat cheese, etc. good stuff.

Late meal – burger and potatoes & Guinness w/ Olivier & Silky.

Passed out in the attic after 0100 (I cannot hang late anymore. I am daytime assimilated.)


Summary: 8-22-15 – Party time… Lots of ping-pong (and assembling the table). I don’t think I over ate or over drank. But no exercise today, unless ping-pong counts… (Let’s say it does for the sake of my exer-sanity.)



82215 [Saturday #65] – Wake – Maplewood, NJ – attic. My perch away from home. I think I slept pretty well on the floor.

*weight averaged out.

Round I: [N]-ish. This weekend will be decadent – don’t overdo the eating at the party today. Looks like a diner breakfast perhaps.

Bkft – lox omelet – order in. The most exercise I got today involved a ping-pong table, lifting and hauling and assembling it… oh and playing. I’ve still got the touch, but I’m not undefeated.

Mostly meat and fruit w/ the occasional rum drink at Mr. & Mrs. Silky Dark’s estate. All bets were off today… but I’ve been here before and I may even get back to a better spot, just have to stay consistent.

Up late and was well worn out too.

End of Part I of Session 5


 

The numbers continue to improve slightly. Slow and steady. I read that “gains” or “improvements" come in spurts, so I shouldn’t expect, for instance to lose 3 lbs. in 3 weeks because it’s been trending as such… or seemed to. This week’s average weight only dropped about half a pound. We did hit 180 this week, but that reading was taken right after a run… it’s a little bit of a cheat, however as we’ve started running again this week… and set a goal/program to maintain it, 180 lbs or less might become the norm. I want to get my (weekly) average down below 180 as we go into the holiday season. I hope to present the charts and graphs that track my results at the end of this chapter, which comes at the end of the next session (6). I hope to have more dynamic news… not that I’m upset about these stats. I’m still beating last year and that means progress… and that’s what I’m working for.

Day
Sunday
8-23
Monday
8-24
Tuesday
8-25
Wednesday
8-26
Thursday
8-27
Friday
8-28
Saturday
8-29
Ave.
Weight
184.8
184.8
182.4
182.4
182.4
180
182
182.7
Body Fat %
17.5
17.6
17.5
17.2
17.4
17.0
17.0
17.3
BF wt.
32.34
32.52
31.92
31.37
31.74
30.6
30.94
31.61
H2O %
60.3
60.3
60.3
60.6
60.4
60.7
60.6
60.5
H2O wt
111.43
111.43
110
110.53
110.17
109.26
110.3
110.53
Muscle mass %
42.9
42.8
42.9
43
42.9
43.1
43
42.9
Muscle wt.
79.29
79.09
78.25
78.43
78.25
77.6
78.26
78.38
MM:BF
Ratio
2.45
2.43
2.45
2.5
2.47
2.54
2.53
2.48



Summary 8-23-15: Travel day – back to Philly and recovering from ping-pong & some PMX (post meridian exercise) 

82315 [Sunday #66] – wake up – Maplewood Attic- The Bod is sore from activity. Despite consistent lifting and calisthenics in the AMX, actually doing stuff has a different effect. I think the twisting from ping-pong and the bending to pick up stray ping-pong balls woke up some core/lateral muscles. Glad I was able to do it.

Round I: [?] – and munching on some beef jerky (a good emergency meal) I slept the good sleep too. Might be tricky getting up at 0400 tomorrow.. but will worry about that then.

Today is another travel day and pushups day. The pushups 3 is 54 – I can do them tonight or even stretch this break out until tomorrow morning. Probably got some touch up work to do today.

Round II: [LF] – “DAD” that’s a new one.

Brunch – sausage, OJ, eggs al a Olivier.

Round III & IV [LP] – Recovery, getting the job done.

Headed back – train travel. Good times in the ‘wood.

First thing after I walked into the house, a cup of tea. Then I got some PMX done – aerobics, 2 x 20 diamond heart pushups, 2 x 80 sidekicks and other stuff includes waving arms and rotating shoulders and increasing flexibility and another cup of tea.

Restocked the vitamins for two weeks and ‘rebuilt” the computer software – so to speak.. after the ‘scare.’

Have to decide what to do about tomorrow’s X’plan. I think I should do a 30 day but i’m not sure i can run 30 straight days. Maybe run 30 over 90, or 60… I should be able to pull that off and not lose too much strength – (I’m not lifting that heavy). I can spread this out among the track, the woods and the sidewalk… with the pack and the uniform of the day. Not for speed. Keep up the pushups, just spread them out. I can do pushups daily, just not as many. I can include other styles, including diamonds and off the ball. Stay on top of the shoulders too.

Late weigh in – 184.8 – see chart for the rest. Amazingly no weight gain. Fat & Muscle shifted. I don’t believe this is my new set-weight. I think traveling causes the body to hang on to and/or even gain weight. Probably due to not having set times and locales for a routine.

Coconut Oil shot before bed and then out.


Summary 8-24-15: Big Monday. Still in recovery from the weekend, but got 3 exercise sessions in, including lifting and the Functional Fitness at the Y. It was the last class now two weeks away from them and Temple starts next Tuesday. I rambled a lot today.


82415 [Monday #67] – wake up, 0409 that means one snooze. AMX – lots of movement, rotation, twisting and stretching. I wrote it before, I’ve got to set a schedule for the AMX – and even though I don’t (seem to) work well with schedules, I benefit from them when I do, eg Options training, BTW Option #3 today… if possible… but t can also work Tuesday, because YGX is today as well.

Generosity without fear is a beautiful feeling. I am learning… but that’s another topic.

Weigh in – eh! Maybe my disinterest affects my readings?
Breakfast – t-burger & egg.

Gig:
Round I: [F/SS-C] – Combo, two for one.

Catching up with the update, but left nostril is drippy. Ugh! I did have bread over the weekend. Oh well, we’ll see what, if anything, this turns into. Just in case, better get the vitamin C… the flipside of the “healthy” lifestyle… but I shouldn’t get attacked this easily.

Looking at the numbers from pre-back injury strongly suggests I either need to get back to training outside, or go back to Arizona, that was the track. Surprisingly lost weight in Zona, and continued back in Philly, then I hurt the back.

Low hunger today. Picking through the t-mix. Do a late lunch or ??

Round II [SS] & III [LP] – double play.

Lunch – Park’s 80% - chicken, more greens, cauli & broc, shrooms – peppers, can’t believe I forgot the avocado.  Go heavier on the greens this week, and peppers… & chick peas and avocado.

So I checked my stats from a year ago [8-24-14] – I was 192 lbs. I am feeling better about today, but still I need to start 30 days of something. Might as well be running… soldier running.

Just realized I haven’t been nodding today. Nose stopped running. Maybe it was the food?

A year ago today I started the Fall 90. I was 192 lbs and more than 20% body fat (38.4 lbs) by my old scale. It didn’t calculate muscle mass, but I suspect it was somewhere around 40% or less and my ratio would have been 2.26:1 – only a guess.

I should intentionally drink more H2o, without over doing it.

If I get to the y – Option #3 or should I wait til tomorrow? No classes so I’ll have extra time. So I can get some other stuff done today. Maybe vanity before YGX-FF.

Round IV: [SS]

Round V: [SLQ] – YMCA

Small muscle super –sets


Calf Raises – Smith
180 lbs x 25
230 lbs. 15 – 16 – 15
Good weight


Shin dumbbell Flex
90 lbs.
12 – 15 – 15 – 20
Right weight, stay here.

Dips: 4 x 6 – Just 1 more.

EZ curls 50 lbs on bar:
4 x 10 – inner elbows pain.
Stick with this until I get 4 x 15.

Shoulder laterals 10 lb. plates. 4 x 15

Wrist curls 30 lbs.
20, 3 x 15 (Good wt.)

Reverse front shoulder raises. (Ant delts)
20 lbs 4 x 20


Reverse wrist curls w/ 10 lb plates 4 x 20 w/ 10 lbs on the bar.


Ez bar reverse wrist curl.
Bar 20 reps.
10 lbs on bar 3 x 15
3d set was hard. Hope this helps. (The grip).


Triceps press down (cable)
90 lbs, 4 x 15 – OUCH!!


Pre & Post supps & protein. Then YGX – fairly good energy. 60% participation.

Rode home. Got food for soup.

Seaweed, pork (dinner) and tea. Promise to do the dishes before bed. PROMISE! (Done.)

Chlorella before bed.


Summary: 8-25-15 – since leading group exercise sessions at TU I rarely lift on Tuesdays and I think my body feels/knows that. Nonetheless I went for Option #3 Heavy legs today. I was probably still recovering from yesterday’s class. Still, today was both satisfying and disappointing. I have to work a number of different strategies if I’m going to advance. There’s no time limit.. I just have to keep going.


82515 [Tuesday #68] – Wake… I did a one and a half snooze, even though I didn’t need it.

Bizarro Dream #82515 – had something to do with a crazy dentist that looked kind of like Bernie Sanders. I realized just how vulnerable we are when we’re anesthetized. After I came out of the anesthesia I wanted to leave. Then a bunch of kids with rifles came in and started shooting up the place. They were bad shots so they didn’t hit me. That’s when the alarm sounded.

AMX – 1 x 54 pushups, 1 x 21 diamonds, front kicks, 1 x 540 bridges. I have to stay at 54.. I don’t have names for the other stuff. Got 30 – 40 minutes of waving, twisting, stretching, rotation, etc. There’s got to be an acronym for this.

Breakfast – soup time!
So what’s in the soup? Smoked turkey parts, celery, mushrooms, turnips, red potatoes, peas, carrots, scallions, spices and ground up peppers in/as the broth. It’s pretty zingy – but not too spicy for my taste.

The numbers have returned to what I deemed my set point but it’s time to move that back to <180 lbs. I think I know what I need to do to accomplish this.

Yum, this soup should take care of me for the week. It’s sneaky spicy and induces sweating.. toxins be gone!!

Gig: Got the nods today… just bored, but sore all over and feels good.

Round I: [N] – okay I’m ready to come back. thought I’d lose weight over the summer. Got about a month left to make this so.

Round II: [N] – Lunch, Park’s 89% more green, chicken, chick peas, broc and cauli.. I just have to have faith that this is doing good things for my system.

Round III: [SSD] – Looks like Option #3 will happen at the Y today. Got some (of O-3) out of the way yesterday so, 410? On the smith?

Round IV: [LD] – or close. Seems like the routine, lately anyway.


Option #3 – normally my favorite. I generally go in better rested. Pre-supps and post protein and BCAAs. Gratifying on the one hand, but disappointing on the other. But I have to remember I’ve been lifting lighter weights earlier on. Now it’s “daddy-weight” Here are the deets:

Leg press 410 lbs on the smith. That’s the labeled max, plus whatever the bar weighs:
Reps: 5 – 8 – 10 – 12 (Leg press) calf press 4 x 20.
This will keep me busy for a while. I should start with warm up sets. I may have to do 5 – 7 sets just to get 4 x 15… but, the benefits.

Back squats: My mind wasn’t in it. 160 lbs and only got 4 x 10. I may “J1M” (just one more) this weight until I get all 60 reps. I felt funny on the first set and blamed it on yesterday’s activities.

I skipped lunges – may have to pick them up on a vanity day.

Leg Curls (Cable 142.5 lbs) 4 x 15 – very tough. I should stay, but I’ve been at this weight for a few sessions. I may be time to up the ante. I may have only gotten all 4 sets because I skipped lunges.

Ostrich – 11 – 6 – 2 x 8. I feel it. It’s taking a while to show results. I vary my range of motion on these from set to set. It’s still early yet.

Goblet Squats 40 lbs, 4 x 10. Hand position makes it challenging.

Wrist/forearm work – need to improve some stuff, fix others, get my grip ready for heavy deadlifts.

About an hour.


Caught a bit of NRG later i this session. Guess I got an hour in. walked to the 42 via the market and picked up some cocoH2O on the way. (a little extra weight in the pack.)

Turkey soup for dinner. 2 x tea. Study Spanish and clean the south wing.

No closing ritual. Ordered more supps… got the hang of working these promos.

Jury duty tomorrow and maybe a run after some AMX if I can get myself up. Wonder what kind of magic tomorrow has in store.

Good night… un poco tardes esta noche.


Summary 8-26-15: Jury duty day. Got kicked loose. Started my 30 days or running today; 1 mile around the track, with the back pack 8 – 10 lbs. Got AMX done also. 

82615 [Wednesday #69] – Laid in bed til 0535. Got up AMX 1 x 54 pushups; 1 x 40 bridges – waving, stretching, shadow box w/ 3 lbs. floor touch that sort of thing. Energy came.

Jury duty today. Maybe a run. Cup of tea.

Weigh in – Better. Moving back but this is still red. Take body fat to 16s and maintain. Take Bod wt. to <180 and maintain. Keep lifting. Start running.

Round I: [?] – Jury duty
Round II: [NS] – sitting around waiting. The stupid TV is on. Stupid people watching stupid people do stupid shit. Most sheeple here are watching their phones. they actually have WIFI.

Kicked from Jury duty… now trying to fulfill my promise to run. Nice day, low humidity – I’m sore but that’s nothing new… let’s get get out by 1300, eh soldier?

Round III: [N] – trying to push myself to start this process. Running with pack – close to ten pounds in it. Water may add a pound of two. Report back later. Since I wrote it down, that’s a promise or at least a challenge. I don’t edit much – I don’t want to feel like I wimped out. – Tea.

Pre-supps and out of the house at 1310… 4 laps – slow, but down straight through. Plus some other stuff, including hanging leg lifts. We will “J1M this one. Next time I can get out… maybe early Friday… go for 5 laps, (before massage). This was on the track. Back pack, boots, gloves – H2O and camera, which I didn’t use (outside).

The goal is to run 30 days out of 90. Go one more lap each time, (up to a point of ? laps) but then add more weight to the pack. Time is not a concern – just have to keep a jogging pace. I’d guess the pack doesn’t have a capacity of over 50 lbs (nor do I)… but I do have ankle weights – a squishy ball and a chain I can add if necessary.

Protein drink after and pork & shrooms and spinach, next meal.

Felt whipped but not very hungry after the run – snapped pix and chilled then ate and recovered. Max laps? Tea after the meal – cup 3.

Maybe chores and Spanish tonight. Got a new book on Manliness too.

Nap under the 432 Hz zone. Maybe some legs (kix) or stretch work this eve. Turkey stew coming up.

Round IV: [N] –
Chlorella before bed. I did study Spanish, and read a few pages.


Summary: 8-27-15: This was just a normal day. Option #4 was good. The left shoulder is getting stronger. We’re making progress albeit slow, with overhead presses and shoulder work. Giving thanks to the Bod.

82715 [Thursday #70] – AMX twists and mostly leg work this morning. Toe tough, mule kicks, wide short squats, bridges… that sort of thing, then tea.

Breakfast – turkey soup.

Interesting move for the digits today especially considering yesterday’s run. But it takes more.

Round I: [N] out of the house.

Option #4 Today – upper body. Got to check where I’ve been so I’ll know what to do today.

Round II: [N] – 91% parks. Dk meat turkey, salmon, peppers, tomatoes and more greens.

Round III: [SS-M] –

Option #4 plan: we’re going to take the close grip press to 120 and work it, same with reverse bent rows. Seated press 75 lbs + pullovers [55-60 lbs] in a super set/ the press. Shrugs 175 – 180 lbs and extra lunges, if I have time and energy.

Round IV: [SS] YMCA


Option #4: Reps, the whole reps and nothing but the reps… that’s what’s important. Reps are everything (today).

Triceps: Close grip press 120 lbs/pullovers 55 lbs. super set:

Press
15
15
10
12
Pullovers
15
15
15
15

I can advance to 60 – 65 lbs on the pullovers, and maybe one more round of close press at 120 before advancing. I am close to the goal, but I don’t want it to get too easy. I may feel super strong next go around and could go for 130. I think it’s legit.

Reverse grip bent row – 120 4 x 15. Some twinges in the elbows. I need to mind the negative and lower the weight instead of dropping it. I can add weight to this – maybe go to 130.

Seated shoulder press 75 lbs. 10 – 12 – 13 – 15 – I used my imagination on this one. Something came to mind that gave me the power to get this weight up. There was some shoulder therapy between sets, but not as much as in previous sessions. I also used the J1M method… to get one more than the previous set. I’m sticking with 75 here.

This wore me out so much I completely forgot about shrugs.

Bent flies – 40s, 4 x 15. They are almost moving me. No need to advance this weight. I can’t go much higher than this at the Y due to poor equipment conditions.


High up rows wide grip. Small bar 20 lbs on it. 4 x 15. I can and must do these more often for upper back.

Still got an hour in. Pre-supps and post protein BCAAs. Slim jim and free crackers.


Rode to 69th st and walked it from there.

Tea.
Meal – chicken, celery, peppers, scallions.

Left hand is sore. Needs more ice. I’m sure I will have more tea. I feel about 70% satisfied with this one. I may have to back off from the number of exercises I do after a run day, or a gx day, until I build up endurance.
It may take time todo more than one set of 54 pushups and vary some other types.


Summary 8-28-15: Massage day. Some chillin’ with Keanne, meal at Harvest… but the big story, 6 laps around the track with the backpack. It wasn’t fast… but it’s not meant to be. 

82815 [Friday #71] – went to sleep last night with binural beats/vibes and Spanish lessons and found it hard to wake up. Note: don’t listen to this on work nights. Good sleep though. Finally got up 0630-ish… took almost an hour to get out of the house then…

Round I [N] –

AMX was a 6 laps (1.5 mile) run around the track with the backpack on. Same weight, which I have not measured, just estimated (and is probably less than I think). Not going for time, so not a very fast run.

H2O 2 wake, but no supps or anything before or after the run. Shower, digits & breakfast.

180 – 17.0 – 60.7 – 43.1 – digits are encouraging, but of course they’d look good after a run. So guess what I need to do more off.

Tea, then breakfast then massage.  I think running is the program that will yield the results I want, as long as I keep at it. Goal is 30/90. Don’t look too far into the future. I may have to add weight soon.

Round II: [ N] – Massage time. Take that walk down the parkway. Maybe the Y? hair cut? Me’tenance day? No reason I can’t play in the park again… go to a different and jump rope. Maybe pushups later?

Pkwy walk – massage – ice. Putthe back pack on the front for the next couple of runs.

Meal – Harvest – jerk salmon salad and iced tea.

Round III: [N] –

Gainer shake, chocolate, p-butter, fruit and egg.

Round IV [N] and out, with the Llama.

Turkey tails at Morgan’s pier were good and spicy.

Drink and dance at 700 Club, (1 dark beer.)   0100 goodnight.

What kind of AMX tomorrow? I’ll sleep on it. Session 5 ends tomorrow.


Summary 8-29-15: session 5 ends today. Road trip to southern environs, 1 mile run (4 laps) with the “front” pack. 

82915 [Saturday #72] – Wake late. Probably 6 – 7 hrs sleep. That’s enough.

Round I [N] – admin stuff – sit & chill and mentally psyche myself up. Elixir, ok. Got to be maple syrup.

Round II: [DAD] – AMX today will be on the track. It’s still the future so don’t get too cocky.

Full Moon is Pisces to close the session
3rd day running of 90 – back pack to the front. Same weight. Brutal. 4 laps (1 mile) – very slow and cumbersome. I couldn’t see my feet. I pushed on and did mention it was brutal?

Numbers are up and this happens whenever I eat out and have a drink, apparently even just one will hold on to weight. No ill effects from the beer though. It looks like eating out does more harm than exercising does good. It just takes me longer to metabolize food I’m not used to eating and who know what’s in that stuff too. I’m becoming one of those – what’s-in-the-food people.

Meal Breakfast – turkey soup, yumm.. tea soon?

Road trip: Annapolis for some appetizers, chillin’ and a Guinness, poke, nuts, cranberries. Just hangin’ chillin’ and drivin’.

Got in at a decent time.

End of Session 5 time is moving faster. We ended this one on an optimistic note. 

END OF SESSION 5

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment