Monday, June 22, 2015

Bajai Boot Camp [BBC] 5: Principles & Guidelines

This is the health & fitness revolution!!


Several friends have asked how they can join Bajai Boot Camp and get into the best shape of their lives. They didn’t actually put it that way, but I got your drift.

Zombie slayer... 2012
First let me explain what Bajai Boot Camp is; it’s my personal commitment to live a “fit” and healthy lifestyle. It started out with exercising and then, by way of information and education developed into a nutritional protocol as well. To further reinforce my commitment I started keeping a journal, which evolved into a blog. What Bajai Boot Camp is not – is a fitness class, (although I have been a group fitness instructor since 2007); I don’t have the time to organize my own boot camp style sessions. However, I am also a certified personal trainer and if you wanted to engage my services that is very possible.

If you wanted to follow along with the season, which will be 366 days long this year, following are a set of principles or guidelines. Feel free to alter, modify as benefits your personal fitness level. I’ve never seen exercise NOT for people. This along with nutrition and a few other strategies will improve your life.


#1. Exercise every day. -

easier than it sounds. Everything from taking a 10 minute walk (even around the mall) to doing 90 – 120 minute sessions in the gym or outside in a park, counts. You can even count sex if you want to. The bottom line is is, get your mind/psyche thinking about exercise & activity.



#2. Document - Document - Document:

Write everything down, weight, clothes size, heart rate, the excuses you use not to exercise, why working out won’t work for you, changes you feel, soreness, illness, injuries, etc. This is for YOU, do not publish it, or publish it,  it’s up to you. By writing this stuff down you will build a profile of yourself. You will get to know your “self” and what motivates and what holds you back. You can read the novel of your growth when you finish. Also, journaling helps to calm the mind, body and soul. It’s recommended that you do this before bed, however I generally jot down notes soon after I exercise, then summarize before bed.



#3. Measure.

– I like to measure several different ways. A few examples, the scale. My scale measures body weight, fat %, water % and muscle mass % - a few easy calculations and I can convert the % into actual pounds. This helps me make and reach goals. Every 45 days, I measure around my torso, which is the most important part to me, for aesthetic and health reasons. I also use “selfies” clothing fit and the comments of others.


Push yourself to success.... You can do it!!

#4. Choose 2 or 3 goals.

Pick 2 to 3 goals and spend a year achieving them. Add more activity, smaller food portions, cooking more for yourself, eliminating packaged, processed foods, more exercise, maybe start or continue swimming, body weight, balance – there are many types of activity that will benefit you.



#5. Activate your imagination.

Activate your imagination. Survival Protocol can literally be about surviving the year. We often lament the passing of people in the prime of life who’ve died due to preventable health reasons. But being agile, strong and quick can also keep accidents from happening to us or at least killing us. But it can also be about imagining an enemy and vanquishing it. Is that enemy fat, lack of confidence, food addiction, soda? I use zombies to represent that enemy which is to be destroyed. Sickness. Injury. These are some of my zombies. General threats that exist on the street traveling from point a to point b. This is why I shape BBC they way I do. 


And that’s it. You will be such an amazingly different person at the end of this year. Remember, once you start, quitting is not an option. It’s no big deal if you miss a day of exercise, but try not to – even if you can take a walk, run in place at your home, shadow box. If you run out of ideas, you can follow my blog and occasional videos, or you can look for instructional videos on the internet. Make it yours… put your name on it, iCamp, iFitness, [Your Name Here] Boot Camp, and make it happen.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment