Monday, March 14, 2016

Session XIX: 22816 – 31216

Liquid Dreams... Year of Transition


Survival Protocol

Chapter III: Winter 122015 - 32616


 Session XIX:  22816 – 31216  


 This session is set to go live on March 14th, 2016. I should be in Florida by this time andI may be able to update this blog from some of the other places I've been hiding. However, if not, this session will go up as is and then I'll tidy it up later. It's not as if anyone's really reading it. (Not as if I'm really promoting it either.) So that's my little introduction for now. 





 Birthday week and I am waking up in Singapore, which was one of those wouldn’t it be cool if… moments. Making new friends, seeing new sights and exploring. Thinking about my future. It was a great birthday week. All this week’s numbers are averages based on the live weigh ins of February 25th and March 17 of 2016. (Because I have to write this as if I will be reading it 10 – 25 years from now. In case I need to teach it.) This is the final session of Chapter III – we’re about to move into Spring. 


Day
Sunday
2-28*
Monday
2-29*
Tuesday
3-1*
Wednesday
3-2*
Thursday
3-3*
Friday
3-4*
Saturday
3-5*
Ave.
Weight
178.8
178.8
178.6
178.5
178.5
178.4
178.3
178.5
Body Fat %
15.5
15.4
15.4
15.4
15.3
15.3
15.3
15.3
BF wt.
27.71
27.54
27.5
27.49
27.31
27.3
27.28
27.31
H2O %
62
62
62.1
62.1
62.1
62.1
62.1
62
H2O wt
110.85
110.85
110.91
110.84
110.84
110.78
110.72
110.67
Muscle mass %
44
44
44.1
44.1
44.1
44.1
44.1
44
Muscle wt.
78.67
78.67
78.76
78.72
78.72
78.67
78.63
78.54
MM:BF
ratio
2.84
2.86
2.86
2.86
2.88
2.88
2.88
2.87


 


22816  [Sunday #256] – wake up in Singapore.  I can’t remember what I did today besides have dim sum with the family. I think I went over to have tea with Susan. It was quite a regular day.

22916  [Monday #257] –  Singapore, brief workout. Today I travel and explore. Food choices the last two days are interesting and make for odd timing of battles. I’ve been out walking for hours along the river. I walked to the end and now I’m o my way back. out at 0850, it’s after 1400 now.. do the math. 5 hours even at 3 mph is 15 miles.

30116 [Tuesday #258] –  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Well, made another one and woke up in Singapore to boot. I got to be older earlier as Susan reminded me… 13 hours sooner. It’s still leap day back home.

I woke up realizing I’ve been eating a lot of Asian food… duh, because I’m in Asia.

In my Bizarro Dream Tony, Maaark and I were all together in Montana helping Maaark bury big old CPUs from the 1990s.

First time I though about being home, or the house since I’ve been here. Another long walk today. Well, not as long. 48 minutes says Google maps. That’s just about the walk to the Y, or Mom’s house.

Vegetarian lunch with Susan, pineapple rice, seaweed etc, then food court… a huge Guinness almost $10.00… 6.40 ml. enough for 2 or 3. Doesn’t beat Amsterdam though.

Got my aura photographed. Report later. It seems only tourists eat with chop sticks in Asia, or at least Singapore.  Susan thinks I fit right in This place does feel like home. I’ve walked an hour. Found my way around. I could be here maybe 90 days out of a year if I had something to do that wasn’t a gig chasing money. I have to check. Maybe the passport is only good for 30 days. I probably won’t finish this beer.

Meet up with Bally at 1700, for lasses and snacks. Good. Her folks were with her. Funny kind of magic.

Reconnected with Susan, walked down the river, grabbed a meal and a drink at Bar Bar Black Sheep, which stood out on my first walk down the river.

Great birthday, one of the best ever.
And a note, that I keep almost forgetting… I am not at retirement age under my contract.


30216 [Wednesday #259] –  wake Singapore. Getting back to normal. 2 rounds. Inception dreams after anxiety about catching this bus to KL. 5-6 hours. Maybe catch up on reading and music from the tab.

Have not been thinking about weight or workouts. Last two days of much walking. MUCH walking.. will have to figure out how much… or not. Bouts are different.

On to the next adventure. Ha.. doing okay without a phone.


 30316 [Thursday #260] –  Kuala Lumpur - Time has no meaning these days. I had to check the phone to confirm the day/date.

Wake 0500 and move the body. Haven’t lifted since I hit the road, so weight and walking had to do. Maybe a bout before I head out. Yesterday was mostly travel and good thing.. I can stay off the blister.

Exploring KL today. Jini has been very hospitable. She’s a true shot-caller.
Round I: [N] – After breakfast – finally.
Bkft – eggs, chicken lunch meat, spicy noodles rocked. 3x small tea.
Exploration day.


30416 [Friday #261] –  KL Malaysia.

Eyes open @ 0500 – or so…
Round I: [N] – attempted to go back to sleep, but no use. Got a little AMX in – worked on flexibility, kicks and twists, side lunges – rotations.
Two more rounds- then breakfast. Egg, meat, rice, noodles, tea.

Trick is not to get filled up so fast. I was hungry a couple of hours after breakfast yesterday. Yesterday was a good touring day, with 258 step climb to Batu Caves Temple, with the backpack. Scary business. The height.

A week or maybe two, no supplements. Wonder about the effect and then the relaunch. Will have to get more protein when I get back.

I may not need more breakfast. Food here has been surprisingly good. I actually like Indian food – seems there’s a lot of dipping and bread/food than in the US. I don’t need to eat a lot… it seems. I get plenty of tea, but no iced tea.

Bio-feed – blister on left, after two days walking in Singapore, healing but sore.
Left side pancreas meridian (mean streak) has not been flaring up. I completely forgot about it until I thought about it.

Shoulders could use a rub… backpack probably.

Day 3 in KL – road trip today to Melaka. Funny, a guy I knew in Louisiana used to say that all the time, I was told it means ‘shit’ (expletive).

Love the morning tea. White sugar though. Hope I can go back to brown.


30516 [Saturday #262] –   Melaka -  wake 0630. Try to sleep again. Bad sleep, but don’t tell. Walk along the river, found an Indian spot; roti, eggs, cheese 2x tea… Indian style.

Round I [N] early.
Rounds II & III:  B2B – post breakfast… and the rest of the day. Back to KL.


End of part I Session 19






The first part of this week was spent in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and the second half, (from Wednesday, March 9th, 2016 – my longest day in history) in Sunny Isles, South Florida. In Malaysia as well as SI I did a lot of walking and just being out in the sun, which I believe made a huge difference in fat burn. In Sunny Isles I was able to get back to the workout as well as in the pool. Oh, and I did have a short pool workout in KL, before it rained. Once again, this whole week’s digits are based on averaged live weigh ins from February 25 and Match 17th of 2016. And, I already know the results.

Day
Sunday
3-6*
Monday
3-7*
Tuesday
3-8*
Wednesday
3-9*
Thursday
3-10*
Friday
3-11*
Saturday
3-12*
Ave.
Weight
178.3
178.1
178
177.8
177.7
177.7
177.5
177.8
Body Fat %
15.2
15.2
15.1
15.1
15.1
15
15
15.1
BF wt.
27.1
27.07
26.88
26.85
26.83
26.66
26.63
26.84
H2O %
62.1
62.2
62.2
62.2
62.2
62.2
62.3
62.2
H2O wt







110.6
Muscle mass %
44.1
44.2
44.2
44.2
44.2
44.2
44.3
44.2
Muscle wt.
78.63
78.72
78.68
78.59
78.54
78.54
78.63
78.58
MM:BF
ratio
2.9
2.91
2.93
2.93
2.93
2.95
2.95
2.92





30616 [Sunday #263] –   Kuala Lumpur, rise late, 0800 maybe? Good sleep. Two rounds. AMX, light, foot is better so rin in place and jacks, front kicks, shoulder rotations/openers.

Bkft _ paleo, eggs, chicken.. walk and wander KL. It seems further than it actually was.

Big Lunch, Naan roti and Tandoori chicken and tea, enough for the day. Lite eats. If I can get a western salad, fine.

OK, sites, Tower, KL Tourist spot [Two rounds] KLCC Park, Pavillion and back to the hotel to chill by the pool. I really should have a nap. It’s coming. If I really want to splash, I have until 2000.

Big lunch at RRR and two big rounds at the Tourist spot. Got lucky.

Idea for the future: Personal/Private training. More expensive, more exclusive, limited clients. Take them from straight body weight work into weights and gadgets if desired. Cover overhead 50 – 75% profit or less depending on overhead. Make Bajaisms t-shirts and solicit companies to sponsor my videos.


30716 [Monday #264] –   KL, wake, Round I.

My time in Asia is drawing to a close, but I’m pretty confident that I’ll be back. magic is happening here. The wave of sudden spirituality I’ve expected from western religion never came. Instead it trickled, or even dripped unnoticed (like the hockey stick graph) until it finally out-numbered the cynicism. The cynicism is still present but greatly reduced.

I must take this home with me and resist the real or imagined pressures of the west.

Woke to a sunrise today. No AMX before breakfast, eggs, rice, noodles, masala, I think … again, 1 plate seems filling.

Yesterday’s journey was all on foot, so if the walking theory is correct, I should not be too far out of weight range now I think I can get some proper exercise in Miami.
Took advantage of the sunrise to do some “sunning” today and yesterday to help my eyes. I didn’t get the miracle that DR. DeWitt described, but I spend more time these days without my specs, especially inside. Distances are still blurry and if the eyes don’t make 20/20, if they ever were, that will be okay.

I should note that I walked up some steep hills backwards and up and down lots of steps… I burned some cals. No proper (traditional) dinner. Pistachios and beer because my lunch was much bigger than expected.

What I’m missing in my diet is fruit and spinach and salads, so we’ll see how that goes. I may not be able to weigh in in Miami, so we may never really know.

30816 [Tuesday #265] –    Up with the sunrise 0730, last day in Malaysia, got a few more MR to return to the economy. Two rounds before bkft – eggs and noodles. Stomach feels full, but not bad after one plate. Pretty sure my gut has adjusted to the food environment. Definitely some interesting food here.

Managed some AMX before breakfast. Deciding what I need to get. What I want. 170 lbs = 85 – 90kgs?) – more outside work, less heavy lifting. I can do it twice a week, perhaps Wednesday and Saturday or Sunday. Miami will be my intro ramp back into GX condition. There’s a pool and a beach.. take advantage.

Next time? Working towards global citizenship.

Bizarro Dream – right out of the Marine 4 flick, featuring Isabella. I wonder if the magic will return when she does. (did it ever leave?)

Bally deserves her own powerful chapter. She’s got the magic. Genting Highlands, another awesome day… with a teaser video.

Sunning this morning. 4 sets, eyes closed, eyes open. Vision still blurry at distances. Many variables to this “science” but i should spend more time on the eye work. And return to my life; work, work out, travel. Select hangs with select friends. No time or emotions wasters.

More watermelon, cucumber in the H2O, body flushers. Remember.

Round III: [SS] – right after bkft.

Travel Day 7 hours bus to Singapore.

30916 [Wednesday #266] –   Travel by day wake up Singapore. To the airport. Crowded plan, not like the ride over. Trapped in a window seat, but preferable to the middle.

I could fall hard. Better be careful.
Completed the flight around the world. Complete confusion about the time but not the day. March 9th. Glad the sun was in Pisces for this new longest day ever. Two sunrises, two sunsets as I flew literally half way around the world.

My workout was carrying my bags through customs and immigration. Landed in Newark 2200-ish. Silky came through. Stayed in the attic.

 31016 [Thursday #267] –  wake up 0300, Maplewood, NJ attic. Another travel day to Fort Lauderdale this time. Oh, left passport on the SFO-EWR flight, something to remember the day by. And Bally, my muse.

I think it’s cool when people ask if I’m military. I tell then Navy, they guess SeAL and not cook.. ha ha. I correct them. If they’ve heard of Seabees they get more props.

Sunrise pix from the wing at take off.

31116 [Friday #268] –    In late from connect with Kristina … building a strong friendship. Short nap, then up at 0430-0500-ish. 40 – 60 min AMX, mostly calisthenics, body work. Lost a little on the handstand pushup, just one try. Pull ups, wides and narrow with 15 lb weight, less reps, but need to work out. Crow pose and pushups for plange training. Analogue scale has me at 180 lbs. I’ll take it. Will still do averages when I get back to my scale. Walk the beach, get sunrise.

Bkft – 2 eggs and salad at Aroma – expensive 2x tea. I haven’t spent much dough on this trip. I need to open a Bally file. This could be something.

Walking around chillin’ bythe pool… allowing healing to take hold. It’s been 20 years since…
Been on a journey.

Got another workout in today. Legs, lunges, deadlifts, front squats, overhead squats w/ 20 lbs, did some exotic cable work for upper body and plange practice.

Fam time, sangria, chicken salad and eggs and potatoes and chicken for lunch. Feeling flabby. Big chunky is returning. Oh, jumping split kicks. Yikes!! More like this.

2130 to bed.

31216 [Saturday #269] –  Miami – eyes open 0430, unclog drain, shower, walk 0500-ish 31 minutes down the path, 50 minutes back on the beach. H2O and t-mix (commercial) with me. Legs still cramping (calves) and headache and tight trapz – (the bag).

Round I: [N] – before the walk.. not enough of these.
Headache is on the sides of the temples.. activity helps. More rounds, I think will are needed a la Vito Malacari.

0800 Long nap. Woke 1400, head still hurts – tea.

Salmon salad – iced tea and beach.

   

End of Session 19…



No comments:

Post a Comment